Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
carrot 4 Nakama is dead man :specialmeh:
It's really not, but I can understand why some may think that. Just like how I also understand why people think Yamao is going to join the crew. If I'm being totally honest, I personally don't even consider Yamao a real candidate, but I recognise why many do.

As always, time will tell. But I did appreciate Oda dropping in that line this chapter. It tricked many into revealing their true colours before getting any kind of confirmation at all. Counting your eggs before they hatch as they say.

Well it will only make the final result that much more satisfying and hilarious to witness. :goyea:

If Carrot dominates discussions, hater's minds and one piece popularity this much whilst being "irrelevant", just imagine the power she'll hold when Oda focuses on her extensively. :choppawhat::choppawhat:

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
If Carrot dominates discussions, hater's minds and one piece popularity this much whilst being "irrelevant", just imagine the power she'll hold when Oda focuses on her extensively. :choppawhat::choppawhat:
I'd ask the same about Bartolomeo who was #9 in popularity in DR despite not being female and furry bait. Still didn't become a SH despite the huge train he had. He also did more in that arc than Carrot in WCI and Wano combined.

The funniest thing about this whole shebang is that Yamao stans are going crazy over her merely stating her plans to do something which Carrot has literally already been doing for the last 200 chapters.

Carrot: Is accepted into the straw hat's adventure and travels with them on their ship
"Meh, it means nothing. Just sailing from arc to arc with the straw hats doesn't make you a nakama"

Yamao: Says she's going out to sea with Luffy (completely unbeknownst to him)
"Omigmjdmmwjkkjndkjc Yamamahwnwjnwnknxwjk CONFIRMED!JNJDKWNKW"
:suresure::suresure::suresure:
But you do you.

Yamao's forced because she's a character introduced out of nowhere in the final stages of a 6 year long saga that's demanding to join the crew, despite not knowing any of them.

Brook and Franky got arcs full of development with the straw hats and had tons of interactions with them that it only felt natural for them to join afterwards. Yamao has all of that development and shared panel time, but instead of it being shared with the straw hats, it's shared with Momo.

If every random Tom, Dick and Harry that was interested in the straw hats got to join the crew then they would've picked up their lot during their return to Sabaody.

And the strawhats desperately needs a strong powerful woman character

if carrot joins she would join the weakling trio getting scared at every thing and needs help saving
Not hating on Carrot, honestly, but surely with Yamato joining, 5 of 11 are prominent fighters (if we want to include Robin, 6) which sounds more like it. For role? Yamato can be anything Oda wants to. Chronicler? Journal writer? Strategist? Even as Lookout for Carrot’s role, Yamato can fill the supposed role. Like, her height is twice Luffy’s height, almost stand 3 meters tall. Nami & Robin can’t use haki, but their role is extremely important for the crew. Robin will probably show Haki (she was with Revolutionary Army for 2 years, impossible if she doesn’t know how Haki works), but along with Nami they’re more brain than brawl. We need purely female brawler in Straw Hat.

Status
Not open for further replies.