Coronavirus : Pandemic Alert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
No need to panic , usa is running mass testing that is the only way you can save people.

For Italy god save them but the good news is recovery rate will be high in incoming days hopefully by mid april things will go stable. People must stay at home they are foolishly violating lockdown .
Mass testing is good but problem is sheer numbers that can overwhelm health care system.

That's why there is need to put people with mild or no symptoms into self quarantine with hospitals treating only severe cases.
Mass testing is great but I wonder how many times would one person be tested. If a person tests negative on Tuesday, he/she is gonna think that he/she is scot-free and then become reckless. Consequence: He/she may get infected on Wednesday without anybody knowing.
Yup!

That's why many countries are asking people to stay at home and self isolate yourself. They are requesting people who are suffering from mild symptoms to be at home and only approach doctors if their health condition becomes severe

Mass testing is great but I wonder how many times would one person be tested. If a person tests negative on Tuesday, he/she is gonna think that he/she is scot-free and then become reckless. Consequence: He/she may get infected on Wednesday without anybody knowing.
We could, and maybe are already, experience someyhing similair, but worse, with masks made from materials which are not up to the task. Tailor shops and the likes started to do these masks but of course they can not protect properly and at the same time they give people a sense of security that actually is completely false.

M

MD Zolo

We could, and maybe are already, experience someyhing similair, but worse, with masks made from materials which are not up to the task. Tailor shops and the likes started to do these masks but of course they can not protect properly and at the same time they give people a sense of security that actually is completely false.
You have no idea. In my country, we have no shortage of masks. Hell, they all look like N95 masks.

Just one little problem. The masks are made of tissue cloth which is used to make shopping bags. They don't do shit except give your mind some peace.

H

Homelander

Mass testing is good but problem is sheer numbers that can overwhelm health care system.

That's why there is need to put people with mild or no symptoms into self quarantine with hospitals treating only severe cases.

Yup!

That's why many countries are asking people to stay at home and self isolate yourself. They are requesting people who are suffering from mild symptoms to be at home and only approach doctors if their health condition becomes severe
Exactly thats what i said , The Dangerous part for the govt are Asymptotic people aka those who dont show symptoms . No one can test entire population not even China .
They do tracing matrix like history of air travel , people 's contact , aka lot of factors like his health history .

Best solution is self isolation because Corona is fatal for people with weak immunity . If South korea could stop it what stops other countries .

Last edited by a moderator:
M

MD Zolo

Many of those who have recovered from the virus has been infected once again.
Well, that makes perfect sense. The virus was destroyed by the body's immunity and then from another person a mutated virus entered his/her body, making his/her immunity fight again. But this time, it should be easier and not a life-threatening situation.

The virus does have the less virulent L and more virulent S strain if I remember correctly.

djiayebee

☆ 𝕊𝕦𝕦𝕦𝕦𝕦𝕦𝕡𝕖𝕣 𝔻𝕒𝕕𝕕𝕪 ☆
Exactly thats what i said , The Dangerous part for the govt are Asymptotic people aka those who dont show symptoms . No one can test entire population not even China .
They do tracing matrix like history of air travel , people 's contact , aka lot of factors like his health history .

Best solution is self isolation because Corona is fatal for people with weak immunity . If South korea could stop it what stops other countries .
There was no quarantine in Korea (or any marts being emptied) tho..... I am French living in Seoul for 9 years now, and imo what Korea did wont be easily reproduced elsewhere in a couple of weeks unfortunately.

For starters, Korea has painfully experienced few years ago with MERS what every other countries is living now : how bad their healthcare system was prepared to tackle it and how overwhelmed they became back then (as far as i know Korea is one of the countries which had the most death during MERS)...
So as soon as corona in China started to be covered in the news, while most countries thought it's just a flu and didnt do shit, Korea took some preventive measures and asked domestic bio companies to develop diagnostic kits : eventually at least 2 companies successfully commercialized some which were mass-produced in a short time...

When a patient is identified here, in a few hours the govt publicly disclose their route for previous days by tracking their gps signal and credit card usage (while keeping their personal information anonymous). So by testing early many people especially the ones that had been in contact with the patients, regardless they have symptoms or not, it was possible to proactively treat them and only ask a limited number of people to stay at home. On a voluntary basis some companies asked their employees to work from home when one case was discovered inside their office but that's pretty much it.

Also you need to understand people in Korea are used to wear anti-pollution masks coz of fine dust coming from China. While a part is imported, there are several masks manufacturers in Korea so they rapidly increased the production to avoid any shortage.... for few days when the demand surged the price got a bit crazy and it was hard to find them in stores or even online, but the govt rapidly decided to control the entire supply distribution and fixed the prices. Now every week you can buy 2 masks per person in pharmacies for abt $3, people are just calmly queuing and no one is panicking.

I could talk much more abt how things are handled here but i think it's long enough already haha

Status
Not open for further replies.