Character Discussion Fuck Kaido as a character

Agreed. As of now, Kaido is merely a plot device. His character is linked to too many "spoilers" for it to be revealed yet, so in the meanwhile "Kaido" is merely the title of something that stopped Luffy in Wano, only to bring back "Nika" in his place.

He's a trash character with a trash backstory and a trash personality.

The only thing good about him is his design and fighting style.

The rest can go to the garbage bin.

Oda did him supremely dirty with that piece of shit flashback he has gotten.

I had immense expectations for his character but I was left majorly disappointed, heck he wasnt even the main character of his own arc we barely fucking saw him until Onigashima.

Fuck Kaido and fuck Oda.
Kuma got the best flashback time but Laws was the best as a non strawhat. By the way Sanji is the King of flashbacks. :goyea:

Bullshit.
No flashbacks so far tops either Hiluluk or Bellemere.
Just because Kuma endured a lot of pointless suffering does not make his fb a masterpiece, especially when Kuma's personality can be reduced to "don't be scared, Nika will save us all one day"
You are crazy.
Best flashback is Kalgara.
Kuma is great because he was built up for years to be a misterious character.
And don't try to do that absurd reduction, otherwise I will say that bellmer entire personality can be reduced to "I am a mom" and Hililuk "I do good".

And don't try to do that absurd reduction, otherwise I will say that bellmer entire personality can be reduced to "I am a mom" and Hililuk "I do good".
Good, you've just discovered that different people have different appeals. Congrats, you're a man. Go celebrate with a hooker.
Post automatically merged:

It's the Zoro zealots curse.
I had Lerrera tell me that people are delusional and liars when they say they read One Piece for the plot, since the only thing that matters are fights.
:suresure:
Most of the ones who still read OP for the combat are (a) kids or (b) kids-like mentally-wise.
You can @ me on this.

Good, you've just discovered that different people have different appeals. Congrats, you're a man. Go celebrate with a hooker.
No, I am not against people having different opinions, and I apologise if it came like that.
But downplaying the Kuma backstory like you did is imho stupid and showed how stupid it can be when applied to other characters.
If you want to shit on it at least try to explain better why.

It's the Zoro zealots curse.
I had Lerrera tell me that people are delusional and liars when they say they read One Piece for the plot, since the only thing that matters are fights.
:suresure:
Reading One Piece strictly for one of its weaker aspects is funny. It would explain a good chunk of the disgruntled community, only here for the fights which Oda skips over a lot.

No, I am not against people having different opinions, and I apologise if it came like that.
But downplaying the Kuma backstory like you did is imho stupid and showed how stupid it can be when applied to other characters.
If you want to shit on it at least try to explain better why.
But it's not applied to other characters. It's applied to the story. It's applied to OP. And OP is not without great, tragic flashbacks, meaning Kuma's has to work overtime in order to hit the right stop, otherwise it's just an umpteenth in a series of sad, sad, oh-my-god-get-me-a-tissue flashbacks with nothing new to add to the overall other than yet another "this guy had it rough, cheer for him."

Yeah, he kinda felt like a Douglas Bullet 2.0 (or Kaido was the inspiration for Bullet? Maybe the movie writers had some tips from Oda?) and I personally didn't like Stampede that much. Wano was the ideal arc to show more about the Rocks Pirates, but we got almost nothing.

Yeah, he kinda felt like a Douglas Bullet 2.0 (or Kaido was the inspiration for Bullet? Maybe the movie writers had some tips from Oda?) and I personally didn't like Stampede that much. Wano was the ideal opportunity to show more about the Rocks Pirates, but we got almost nothing.
Wano was one waster opportunity after another.
You can write-in the Nika reveal in both of OP's peak previous arcs--Skypeia and Ennies Lobby--and it'd flow better than it did in Wano.

Last edited:
Wano was one waster opportunity after another.
You can write-in the Nika reveal in both OP's previous arcs--Skypeia and Ennies Lobby--and it'd flow better than it did in Wano.
I agree, Nika could've been better explained earlier. I know that there were signs as back as Skypiea, but it still looked like an asspull to me.

This has always been the case in my opinion, since his introduction. There's no consistency in his characters. I could only explain it by oda simply mash-up the various "blood knight"/"tough guys" stereotype together and very poorly at that.

Last edited:
I like my characters to feel like actual people and not 1 dimensional power sticks.
STFU
Post automatically merged:

He became a sad and empty character. We never got to understand why he drinks so much and why he wants to die.

I think he is not dead yet and Zoro will kill him after another flashback
this is so sad. Even in 2024 zkk still exists

Last edited: