ONE PIECE CHAPTER 1105 : THE PEAK OF STUPIDITY

Rate this Chapter

• Total voters
This "luffy loses, then eats food and comes back to win it all" situation has started to become repetitive as fuck post timeskip. Doffy, cracker, katakuri, kaido, kizaru...... Every time, same shit. No originality, no tension. Food as a way to prolong arcs is the laziest plot device ever seen by human eyes. Good job oda!

LACKLEG BUMJI and RORONOWINS ZOLO: have to do 300 things an arc to reach GOAT status

BROOK: only needs to do one mildly interesting thing per arc to retain his GOAT status

I mean right now bonney and them should died from laser beam from the px but someone is going to save them .
Some one will always save them and you going write certain characters a certain way to allow people to live.( it a question of if you did it good)
Kizaru had luffy to kill at marine ford more than once but writing was done that he did not .
Kaido should cut off luffy head after he kill him like he said he would 25mins before but get write in way that he to disappoint to bother .
Incompetence will always happen no matter how it done or the manga over lol.
Yea, and that in and these coincidences and incompetence in and of itself doesn't make it bad writing, but said writing devices are employed does. Like we know the Straw Hats will leave Egghead Island with no significant injuries, but will the failures of Saturn and Kizaru be recognized by the other Gorosei and Imu? Will there be consequences for them, or will such a huge blunder be swept underneath the rug and not be scrutinized by the World Government as such an event should?

Saturn not killing Vegapunk is a bit silly, but he's preoccupied moving his forces around and trying to kill Kuma. He's just being cocky and sadistic, just like all the CDs at God Valley
Post automatically merged:

Anyways, where is Stussy? Why is no one in the control room to keep an eye on York?

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
I'm juat trying to be as objective as possible, and given the context within the story the actions of Saturn here are stupid. Doesn't mean it's bad writing (though that may be the case under scrutiny but I digress).
You're metagaming.
You're assuming the character is aware of his position in the story and how it will "inevitably bite him in the ass" later.

Your "objective" observation is no observation at all.

It’s kinda hilarious that Jimbe is already suffering from “background Strawhats” syndrome.

Either way, the stalling is pretty terrible. It’s pretty much just back to square one.
Saturn & Kizaru are doing nothing to actually kill Vegapunk and just toying with the Strawhats.
The Yonko crew that some were claiming would easily deal with the Navy fleet is now completely at their mercy and will only survive due to the antagonists’ laxness. And that’s after already being saved by Kuma’s interference.

Then there’s another enemy of the Marines on the way to save the Strawhats.
Judging by the timing, it’s either a Giant crew (maybe including Saul) or the Strawhat Grand Fleet.
They’ll likely cut through the encirclement and may even catch the Sunny when it falls.

Lastly, the Pacifista will either react to Bonney’s cries or the Ancient robot may finally show up.

Luffy is gonna awake again since he ate his fill. and his Nika power works as he imagines and wishes i think Luffy didn't really understand how it works yet but when he weaks ups and see that everyone is gonna die that will triggers it. so the Pasifista will turn to real Kuma and that will overwrite the authority order.
I think we already saw it before once directly and twice indironceectly :
first Hancock Seraphim follows Luffy's wishes even though Vegapunk and Jinbei says because Hancock loves Luffy i think that is a red hering and the truth might be because Luffy is an idiot and sees that the Hancock Seraphim is just like the real Hancock and wishes that she follows his wishes as well so she does.
the second one is ancient Pascifista reacted because of Luffy's Nika power which means it was working under the order of the fruit holder in the past.
the third Kuma and Bunny believes on Nika so Kuma came to rescue her even though he should not able to.

So the labophase straw hats are still planning to escape; I feel like once the ship gets to the leaving point, Sanji will tell them to go and that he Franky and Luffy will meet them in Elbaf.

It’s kinda hilarious that Jimbe is already suffering from “background Strawhats” syndrome.

Either way, the stalling is pretty terrible. It’s pretty much just back to square one.
Saturn & Kizaru are doing nothing to actually kill Vegapunk and just toying with the Strawhats.
The Yonko crew that some were claiming would easily deal with the Navy fleet is now completely at their mercy and will only survive due to the antagonists’ laxness. And that’s after already being saved by Kuma’s interference.

Then there’s another enemy of the Marines on the way to save the Strawhats.
Judging by the timing, it’s either a Giant crew (maybe including Saul) or the Strawhat Grand Fleet.
They’ll likely cut through the encirclement and may even catch the Sunny when it falls.

Lastly, the Pacifista will either react to Bonney’s cries or the Ancient robot may finally show up.
Wouldn't say it's terrible, but this is definitely a lull chapter where things have to get moved into place. There are some sweet moments, but the short length really hurt this chapter. It would've been more impactful if the Bonney and Kuma panel was the last one of this chapter

No real plot progression this week, but I am really loving this arc. Kizaru vs Sanji would be cool.

I wonder who the mystery ship could be? Blackbeard? Dragon? Law?

One thing that's annoying me is Luffy. How many times have we seen him eat his face off and be ready to go seconds later? Now Oda is making it like Luffy has to be full on meat for 4-5 chapters straight before he's ready to go.

Let's move things forward next chapter please.

Nika vs Saturn
Kizaru vs Sanji
Zoro vs Lucci

Give us a chapter that touches on all 3 fights. We don't need any more reaction or panic panels, we know what's going on. One thing about Oda is that he overdoes it with the fodder reactions. Just give us the meat and potatoes.

I wonder how much more is going to unfold at egghead. at this current state it is just an escape angle, but maybe a big war can kick off here.
Revs possibly pulling up, Blackbeard is going to come wreak havoc and Saturn /kizaru is the cherry on top.

If revs and Blackbeard pull up I can imagine a scenario where revs vs wg and the strawhats have a skirmish with the Blackbeard pirates.
However I think if this does go to a showdown the revs will team up with luffy to take down Saturn and stop the buster call while Blackbeard comes swooping in at the end to kidnap Saturn, kizaru or vegapunk hostage so he can hold him as a hostage in hopes for a negotiation piece in his fight to get pirate island to the reverie.

I doubt crew will split again don’t think Oda will repeat this plot .
Eh Oda destroying the rocket means that those on the fabriophase will no longer be able to enter the labophase. And I doubt Sanji can fly every single ally on the fabriophase to the Sunny once the laser grid is disabled.

At this point it’s looking like another straw hats split up and reunite in the next island

Eh Oda destroying the rocket means that those on the fabriophase will no longer be able to enter the labophase. And I doubt Sanji can fly every single ally on the fabriophase to the Sunny once the laser grid is disabled.

At this point it’s looking like another straw hats split up and reunite in the next island
You know this is OP and Oda will somehow break the logic . Never trust Oda my man .

That was a chapter.

Is there anything that can be actually said about it?

I liked Brook sliding the Sunny, uh… suppose it’s mildly interesting that someone sank the ship, but only if it isn’t the Blackbeard’s, who we already know are there.

And… that’s about it.
It doesn't feel like BB to save the ship though