Future Events End of One Piece soon?

Itll end around chapter 1200 imo
Too short. Wano easily has another 50 chapters and then that leaves literally everything else in the series with less than 200 chapters alone, its highly disproportionate.

Anyway, what I think they mean by "arc" here is actually "storyline".

From Fishman Island to Wano, it was considered the "Yonko Arc", not "Saga". Oda has only officially used the term Saga twice. The first was the "Sea of Survival: Super Rookies Saga", which is Chapters 1-597. The second Saga is everything up to now, "The Final Sea: The New World Saga".

This second "Saga" really only contains this one "Yonko" Arc. However, that is about to end with Wano (Assuming Kaido goes down).

Essentially, advertising this last "Arc", really just means setting up the last big plotline, aka the final war. This might span any number of smaller "arcs" which we are already anticipating. Things like "Vegapunk", "Elbaf", "Lodestar", "Laugh Tale", "The Throne Wars" may all encompass this final "arc", but we as fans will separate that into smaller pieces as the plot advances.

Point being, One Piece definitely is at a turning point in the story, but remember how long it took Oda himself to get to this point with just two Yonko (to which he's not even done with). He still has 2 more, vastly important Yonko, the entire World Government and Marine forces, secondary groups like Vegapunk's SSG, CP-0 and The Revolutionaries, individual characters like Crocodile, Mihawk, Weevil, Hancock, and finally a plethora (and I mean a fuck-shit-megaton) of mysteries and plotlines to finish.

Funny thing to mention, but I remember when Bleach advertised its final arc in 2012, 10-11 years after the manga started. The manga ran the Thousand Year Blood War Arc for 5 years, basically a 3rd of what the manga ran for (15 years total). Subsequently, I remember Naruto doing the same thing in 2010, to which it ended 5 years after it began with the 4th Shinobi War Arc and split it into several, smaller arcs.

It takes a VAST amount of time to finish plots of manga that last hundreds of chapters (Naruto and Bleach lasted for about 700 chapters each). One Piece is clearing a 1000 chapters this year or next just in Wano alone. Try and compare the complexity of One Piece to Naruto/Bleach and you realize just how much Oda will still need to accomplish in this "final" arc.

Tl;dr: When the Japanese say "Final Arc", they mean "Final Plotline". This is analogous to the "Yonko Arc" (Fishman Island to Wano) not just "Wano Country Arc". Aka, the manga will run for years to come after Wano is over. It will just be making its way towards some version of an end. This could take another 5 years, or it could take 10. It is up to Oda and how much he plans on doing.

Last edited:

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
โ€Ž
Too short. Wano easily has another 50 chapters and then that leaves literally everything else in the series with less than 200, its disproportionate.

Anyway, what I think they mean by "arc" here is actually "storyline".

From Fishman Island to Wano, it was considered the "Yonko Arc", not "Saga". Oda has only officially used the term Saga twice. The first was the "Sea of Survival: Super Rookies Saga", which is Chapters 1-597. The second Saga is everything up to now, "The Final Sea: The New World Saga".

This second "Saga" really only contains this one "Yonko" Arc. However, that is about to end with Wano (Assuming Kaido goes down).

Essentially, advertising this last "Arc", really just means setting up the last big plotline, aka the final war. This might span any number of smaller "arcs" which we are already anticipating. Things like "Vegapunk", "Elbaf", "Lodestar", "Laugh Tale", "The Throne Wars" may all encompass this final "arc", but we as fans will separate that into smaller pieces as the plot advances.

Point being, One Piece definitely is at a turning point in the story, but remember how long it took Oda himself to get to this point with just two Yonko (to which he's not even done with). He still has 2 more, vastly important Yonko, the entire World Government and Marine forces, secondary groups like Vegapunk's SSG, CP-0 and The Revolutionaries, individual characters like Crocodile, Mihawk, Weevil, Hancock, and finally a plethora (and I mean a fuck-shit-megaton) of mysteries and plotlines to finish.

Funny thing to mention, but I remember when Bleach advertised its final arc in 2012, 10-11 years after the manga started. The manga ran the Thousand Year Blood War Arc for 5 years, basically a 3rd of what the manga ran for (15 years total). Subsequently, I remember Naruto doing the same thing in 2010, to which it ended 5 years after it began with the 4th Shinobi War Arc and split it into several, smaller arcs.

It takes a VAST amount of time to finish plots of manga that last hundreds of chapters (Naruto and Bleach lasted for about 700 chapters each). One Piece is clearing a 1000 chapters this year or next just in Wano alone. Try and compare the complexity of One Piece to Naruto/Bleach and you realize just how much Oda will still need to accomplish in this "final" arc.

Tl;dr: When the Japanese say "Final Arc", they mean "Final Plotline". This is analogous to the "Yonko Arc" (Fishman Island to Punk Hazard) not just "Wano Country Arc". Aka, the manga will run for years to come after Wano is over. It will just be making its way towards some version of an end. This could take another 5 years, or it could take 10. It is up to Oda and how much he plans on doing.
Id agree with this i reckon the yonko saga ends at raftel with luffy king.
Then we get the final war saga.

M

MD Zolo

I think it was one of the editors who said it quite a long ago. It is not a recent thing to be honest. The editor was talking about Wano and saying that Wano is like a reboot of the manga (he gave an example of Luffy meeting Zoro) and some bla bla bla.

It doesn't mean anything.

It's a marketing tactic. The manga is 23 years old and is "declining" in sales (relative to most other manga it still trumps 99% of them), they simply want to increase views/generate hype for Wano's 2nd half and the remaining story.

Mark my words, they don't mean "final arc" as in another arc like "Wano", they mean "final plotline" as in the Final War is gearing up. There will be a number of smaller arcs again to set this up. This is clearly evident of Marineford, where he spent 3 smaller arcs before he did the Paramount War. This is even more so evident in the last 400 chapters, where every single arc revolved around either Big Mom or Kaido, all culminating to some form of plot ending with them in Wano or beyond.

Now add that factor/logic and apply that to whatever the Final War will be, which will be vastly larger in scope than anything OP has done before. I'm not saying it will last another 400 chapters to tackle everything (though it might tbh), but it will certainly need a TON of setup before we can get to how everything will end. Yes, hopefully the pacing is improved and he creates less characters (that definitely won't happen), but it won't be short in the slightest.

Something Iโ€™ve noticed about One Piece fans is that we often tend to conflate what we want to be expanded upon versus what is actually necessary to conclude the story of One Piece.

Every time the end of the series is mentioned people bring Vegapunk into the equation, as if he will truly have an entire arc dedicated to him. The dude will probably have a chapter or two dedicated to him and his new SSG and then his focus will be saved for the final war arc.

At most, we have Elbaf > God Valley/Lodestar > Laugh Tale > Final War

All of the mysteries and plot lines that havenโ€™t been wrapped up, can be wrapped up within two or three panels of dialogue/plot revelations in the aforementioned arcs.

Elbaf could be another Zou, acting as the aftermath arc for Wano and that could be only like 20-25 chapters. Lodestar (if itโ€™s even an arc itself) will be a very short arc for certain. Laugh Tale will be a major arc that could encompass 50 or so chapters and the final war could be 50 more chapters, since all of the drama will be set up with Laugh Tale.

One Piece is definitely ending soon, at least in 5 years.

Something Iโ€™ve noticed about One Piece fans is that we often tend to conflate what we want to be expanded upon versus what is actually necessary to conclude the story of One Piece.

Every time the end of the series is mentioned people bring Vegapunk into the equation, as if he will truly have an entire arc dedicated to him. The dude will probably have a chapter or two dedicated to him and his new SSG and then his focus will be saved for the final war arc.

At most, we have Elbaf > God Valley/Lodestar > Laugh Tale > Final War

All of the mysteries and plot lines that havenโ€™t been wrapped up, can be wrapped up within two or three panels of dialogue/plot revelations in the aforementioned arcs.

Elbaf could be another Zou, acting as the aftermath arc for Wano and that could be only like 20-25 chapters. Lodestar (if itโ€™s even an arc itself) will be a very short arc for certain. Laugh Tale will be a major arc that could encompass 50 or so chapters and the final war could be 50 more chapters, since all of the drama will be set up with Laugh Tale.

One Piece is definitely ending soon, at least in 5 years.
People bring up Vegapunk because Kuma/Bonney (and subsequently, Sabo and the Revo's) are highly central to Vegapunk as a whole. Not to mention, hes the most elusive character in the series and deemed to answer a ton of questions about OPs world. Oda has already teased Luffy meeting Vegapunk in an SBS years ago. Whether or not its a dedicated arc is up to Oda, but Vegapunk, and his Special Science Group, are going to be central to the final plotlines, just like everything else.

Also, the manga COULD shorten or explain things like you say, but when has it ever? When has Oda ever not completely drawn put a plot with dramatization? None of this will be shortchanged, going by past standards.

Edit: Not to mention, Smoker and Tashigi have been missing since the end of Dressrosa. They were heading to his lab. Seems likely thats where they are.

What i can see is Vegapunk's lab being in Elbaf or something to combine locations

Yeah, just means weโ€™re reaching the climax of the story. It can still take however many years/chapters as necessary, but itโ€™s the admission that weโ€™re not gonna have much more happen that isnโ€™t salient to the overarching plot.
What is nice is that One Piece already has it all set up as opposed to other manga (Bleach/Naruto) which have shoehorned their final arc plots as entirely new material. But so far, even if its the "end", one piece has to serve a gargantuan amount of plotwork to service the story:

- Blackbeard and Shanks, their crews, their presence and how important they factor into the remaining story (Rocks, One Piece, etc).
- The World Government (Im, Gorosei, Kong, subordinates): An increased focus on what they are, who they are, revelations etc.
- The Marines (Akainu, Admirals, Vice Admirals, Garp, Sengoku, Smoker, Koby, etc). How all the split ideologies end up. Fates of marines in general.
- The Revolutionaries (Dragon, Sabo, Ivankov, the 4 commanders) and their overall goals. Dragon's motivations. Relation to Kuma and what Kuma's goals were. Relation to Vegapunk and the Marines overall.
- Locations such as Elbaf, God Valley, Lodestar, etc being further touched upon. Finding the final Road Poneglyph.
- Laugh Tale as a whole
- How the Final War (s) play out.
- Supernova fates
- Strawhat Fleet Importance
- All of the hidden mysteries, lore, etc (Ancient Weapons, Will of D. Void Century)
- Strawhat Dreams
- One Piece itself

And this doesn't even touch on the secondary shit that needs addressing (Weevil, Silver Medalists escaping Impel Down, etc) or how major characters continue to factor into the plot (Mihawk, Vivi, Sabo, Hancock, Crocodile, etc).

Its going to massive man. I don't get how people think it will only take another 4-5 years and 200 chapters lol. Wano itself is almost a 100 chapters with no end in sight and it itself is only a conclusion of a massive 400 chapter plotline with 2 Yonko, to which its even teasing MORE with Rocks.
Post automatically merged:

It can't be less than 6-7 years imo

Too many events to end it in 5

Last year will probably feature all what happens after Teach is defeated however

For example Brook meeting Laboon again etc
Tbh, I see the entire epilogue taking almost a year to do, and I can see Oda enjoying that shit. He spent nearly 10 chapters before the timeskip updating everyone about most characters. Now imagine having to tie up a vast amount of additional characters with definitive ends. I can see a ton of individual chapters after the end.

What i don't understand is how people think Oda could spend nearly 450 chapters so far on the New World and 2 Yonko (granted with their massive crews and a ton of island inhabitants like Dressrosa, WCI or Wano) and not expect him to spend nearly as much time on vastly more important characters.

I think people are severely underestimating the longevity of how much is likely left, because the characters that do need panel time are way more important than Scabbards or secondary BMP or Beasts Pirate members. Its going to an interesting few years to say the least. I dont see Oda rushing his magnum opus, nor anyone forcing him to. Its too special to rush.

Last edited:
I mean I think it's clear that Oda himself doesn't really know when it will end.

He has the overall storyline planned, but not the specifics. So, he doesn't exactly know how long it will take to cover all the plot points he wants to cover.

But I don't think One Piece will end like Naruto, where random shit just starts chaining up. That's what happens when you don't plan an ending beforehand and plan as you go. So whether One piece lasts 4 more years or 10 more years, we can expect a meaningful conclusion.

But I have a feeling there will be a sequel (whether written by Oda or "an assistant"). These days, everyone wants to milk as money as they can off of brands.

Last edited:
I think one thing that is important is this, Captain_M (moderately known on APForums) on reddit said this: https://www.reddit.com/r/OnePiece/comments/i11uk4/_/fzu6ddc
Its the nature of using the word "Arc" vs. "Saga". The difference, unless spelled out in Katakana, is not really specified. So its very likely the word is interchangeable here (Haven't really looked into it myself).

Really then, more realistically speaking, it is being advertised as the final "plotline". OP Magazine 10 is essentially gathering all of the main plot beats not yet answered for people to reread. My expectation is that after Wano, the everything "converges". Everything Oda has been building to finally comes together. Its not the last "arc" in terms of what Wano Country is or WCI/Dressrosa were, but the last plotline or string of "arcs" that lead us to the "Ending".

In my opinion, its fundamentally the last "3rd" of one piece, whether or not we can realistically say it'll be an actual 3rd of the story. Remember, I mentioned Naruto and Bleach's final arcs lasted around this length. Many manga have followed this trend on average. It is difficult to tie everything together without making the final arc the "biggest". I expect there to be a set portion of arcs that segue into the final war overall, but its not going to be "short" by any means.

Hell, I can see it being longer than what we've gotten for BM/Kaido so far.