Future Events End of One Piece soon?

Part of me wants the series to end ASAP but another part wants One Piece to continue for a decade.

I want some of my faves like Smoker and Tashigi to have more screen time :pepemy:

I want Sanji to actually shine and win. His last decent fight was on FI :josad:

I wish the other straw hats learn at least one form of Haki :pepecry:
Pageone fight is better than FI though
Post automatically merged:

I think the series will end in 1250 chapters though

I guess that would be around 6 years If 40 chapters every year

I could not think of a way to end the series in less than 250 extra chapters unless Oda will rush "Shanks/BB plot" and "Imu and WG Plot"
And how final war is a massive war that encompasses EVERYONE

The other possibility to end it soon is... this "vs 4 yonko saga" actually does end up including all 4 yonko in this war, and Luffy comes out on top! Basically solidifying him as the top pirate

Before having small arcs in elbaf/Laughtale in preparation for final war against WG

Last edited:
Thousand- sunny[San-3][ni-2]-go[5]

So around/at chapter 1325 lol.
Had read this fun little theory quite a while back and it holds so well since it sounds like a perfect estimation of how many chapters we would need to finish the story satisfactorily.

Not that I'm putting all of my money on this but the name itself sounds too specific and for a ship that'll take the SHs to the end of their journey,
this sounds like a decent theory to me.

I've read an article about it
Well its not legit otherwise it would have been bigger news
Post automatically merged:

Thousand- sunny[San-3][ni-2]-go[5]

So around/at chapter 1325 lol.
Had read this fun little theory quite a while back and it holds so well since it sounds like a perfect estimation of how many chapters we would need to finish the story satisfactorily.

Not that I'm putting all of my money on this but the name itself sounds too specific and for a ship that'll take the SHs to the end of their journey,
this sounds like a decent theory to me.

Honestly I dig it, but for Oda, to have that thought since the 430's seems off to me. That would be some insane planning tbh.

But its around where I expect the manga to end anyway (1300-1400). Some estimates like 1500 are just too much IMO, not that I'm complaining, but that's well over 12/13 years away at this point, especially with all of the additional breaks Oda has now.

For example, every 4 years, Oda manages to cover about 152 chapters (~38 chapters per year on average). So in about 8 years he can do 300. That would put 1325 around that estimate (more like 9 years, all things considering.)

Last edited:
Well its not legit otherwise it would have been bigger news
Of course that's why I said apparently, if we think at the 5 years timelimit till the end it is a possibility. I find it hard but it is possible, we find it hard to belive because we think at elbaf as an arc but it could be done as the reverie or zou if we ever see elbaf. Ut all depends on the war here on wano and which players will join the table

Of course that's why I said apparently, if we think at the 5 years timelimit till the end it is a possibility. I find it hard but it is possible, we find it hard to belive because we think at elbaf as an arc but it could be done as the reverie or zou if we ever see elbaf. Ut all depends on the war here on wano and which players will join the table
You can read all of my responses (and many others) in this thread to find out that finishing in 5 years is nigh impossible with Oda's normal pacing and where the strawhats are geographically. You practically have to expect him to rush post Wano, which isn't even ending at least for another year. Then you have to assume that everything post Wano is shorter than Wano itself (less than 150 chapters), which already has ~300 chapters of setup prior to the arc alone (at 78 chapters and counting).

Just putting it on the most basic standard, Oda has yet to rush the actual voyage and you have at least Elbaf, Lodestar and Laugh Tale left, which very likely won't include the Final War because we know Fishman Island (ergo, the Red Line and Mariejois with it possibly) are supposed to be destroyed in the future. To assume that Oda would skip any of this is to assume that he will shortchange the 23 year voyage (so far) he has worked getting to. Its not about just Laugh Tale, it's about sailing the entire GL. This doesn't even include possibilities like Vegapunk's lab or God Valley or any other unknown location being seperate locations from the above.

Last edited:
You can read all of my responses (and many others) in this thread to find out that finishing in 5 years is nigh impossible with Oda's normal pacing and where the strawhats are geographically. You practically have to expect him to rush post Wano, which isn't even ending at least for another year. Then you have to assume that everything post Wano is shorter than Wano itself (less than 150 chapters), which already has ~300 chapters of setup prior to the arc alone (at 78 chapters and counting).

Just putting it on the most basic standard, Oda has yet to rush the actual voyage and you have at least Elbaf, Lodestar and Laugh Tale left, which very likely won't include the Final War because we know Fishman Island (ergo, the Red Line and Mariejois with it possibly) are supposed to be destroyed in the future. To assume that Oda would skip any of this is to assume that he will shortchange the 23 year voyage (so far) he has worked getting to. Its not about just Laugh Tale, it's about sailing the entire GL. This doesn't even include possibilities like Vegapunk's lab or God Valley or any other unknown location being seperate locations from the above.
Sure and I agree, but this are all our speculations and at the end of the day it all depends on Oda

It's a marketing tactic. The manga is 23 years old and is "declining" in sales (relative to most other manga it still trumps 99% of them), they simply want to increase views/generate hype for Wano's 2nd half and the remaining story.

Mark my words, they don't mean "final arc" as in another arc like "Wano", they mean "final plotline" as in the Final War is gearing up. There will be a number of smaller arcs again to set this up. This is clearly evident of Marineford, where he spent 3 smaller arcs before he did the Paramount War. This is even more so evident in the last 400 chapters, where every single arc revolved around either Big Mom or Kaido, all culminating to some form of plot ending with them in Wano or beyond.

Now add that factor/logic and apply that to whatever the Final War will be, which will be vastly larger in scope than anything OP has done before. I'm not saying it will last another 400 chapters to tackle everything (though it might tbh), but it will certainly need a TON of setup before we can get to how everything will end. Yes, hopefully the pacing is improved and he creates less characters (that definitely won't happen), but it won't be short in the slightest.
This. The sales had been declining, one piece lost to kimetsu no yaiba. This is just a marketing trick to attract old fans

This is why strowhats will become fully fledged Yonko crew with Luffy becoming Yonko level after 1v1 against Kaido and Zoro Sanji will become YC level after 1v1 against King and Queen. I've said it numerous times, other people said it... one piece is going to and really soon, Big Mom and Kaido will be defeated in Wano and after Wano there will be left only Blackbeard and WG. Luffy can't defeat Blackbeard if he can't defeat regular Yonko in 1v1, it's just impossible the gap between Luffy and Blackbeard will be too big if Luffy will be weaker than regular Yonko after Wano compared to Blackbeard who will be above Yonko.