Speculations A Look at Inherited Will in the Land of Wano (ZKK: Part 1)

(Poll questions are in the OP)

• Q1: Yes

• Q1: No

• Q2: Yes

• Q2: No

• Q3: Yes

• Q3: No

Results are only viewable after voting.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
β€Ž
Oden's son himself asked Luffy to beat Kaido for him, Luffy agreed. Kinemon asked Luffy to carry Wano on his shoulders, and do what him and the Scabbards could not do. Luffy agreed. Kaido heralded Luffy as one of the few people in the World who can truly fight against him. Oden was in that panel. Ashura directly compared Luffy to Oden when he saw him use Conqueror's Haki. Chapter 1000 was an entire chapter dedicated to Yamato reminiscing about how she believed Ace was going to be the one to take her father down, but she was mistaken, and it was in fact Luffy who was going to accomplish that by carrying on the Promise Ace made to her. Fulfilling promises is a major theme of One Piece. The list is as long as my arm.

I'm pretty sure Oda knows.

Ah yes... Luffy is going to "beat Kaido", then Kaido is going to get back up (But somehow still be defeated), and then Zoro is going to kill him.
Kaido didnt say that all.
He saw how much luffy grew since kuri and wondered how high his ceiling would go out of all the people he fought. All of them are not the same strength he compared him to none.
Also we have kaido foreshadowing there are non worthy to kill him because there will never be a samurai as monsterous as oden again thats not set up for luffy.
Beating kaido means nothing. Theres a list even longer than your arm saying its not over until kaido is dead
Oden im here to cut your scaly neck
Kinemon we are going to cut kaidos head off
Ashura doji its not over until we seperate his head
Yasu says no one had taken kaidos head for 20 years go to onigashima and avenge your fallen master
You have odens daughter give zoro odens sword and asks him to save wano
You have zoro taking odens will to kill Kaido through enma here to finish what oden started.

So yeah oda does know.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐒𝐫𝐒𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐑𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
β€Ž
I mean, can you honestly see Oda drawing Kaido being beheaded by Zoro? He is a strawhat....I think thats unlikely to happen.

But hey, i will be cheering if that happens as any zoro fan will.
:goyea:
I was just analysing inherited will from within the story. I did not consider any external concerns like whether Oda will actually draw Zoro killing Kaido.

In story, Oden's will is to slay Kaido:

The Scabbards inherited this will:

Kaido himself expresses his desire to die at the hands of the bearer of Oden's will, but only a "monster samurai" of Oden's calibre can fulfill that will:

That's what is happening in story. Whether Oda will go through with killing Kaido is another matter entirely, but in story, Oden's will is to slay Kaido.

J

Jo_Ndule

I was just analysing inherited will from within the story. I did not consider any external concerns like whether Oda will actually draw Zoro killing Kaido.

Kaido himself expresses his desire to die at the hands of the bearer of Oden's will, but only a "monster samurai" of Oden's calibre can fulfill that will:

That's what is happening in story. Whether Oda will go through with killing Kaido is another matter entirely, but in story, Oden's will is to slay Kaido.
Oden's will is placed on Luffy
He doesn't have to kill Kaido

You should stop this useless wanks
Zoro won't be the one to take down Kaido

After all these panels, @Celestial D. Dragon will come barking at you crying that Kaidou's death means nothing and Oda hasn't been setting up for his death as if he's Oda's best pal or someshit.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐒𝐫𝐒𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐑𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
β€Ž
This essay is the first of a 5 part series on Zoro Killing Kaido:
  1. A look at Inherited Will in the Land of Wano
    1. An analysis of the Oden's will to slay Kaido and open Wano's borders, passed on to his Scabbards and to Roronoa Zoro through Enma.
  2. The Second Advent
    1. "Sword God" Shimotsuki Ryuma, Shimotsuki Zoro, and Dragon Slaying
  3. Death is What Completes a Person
    1. An analysis Kaido's fascination with death and his desire to die at the hands of the Samurai who carries Oden's mantle
  4. The Case Against
    1. An analysis of the most persuasive arguments against ZKK
  5. The Gospel According to ZKK
    1. A synthesis of the previous four essays and my conclusions on the topic after thorough investigation.

Ideally, I would write a new essay every (few) week(s). I hope to be done with the series before May.

Common sense tells you Oda will never give the major spotlight to anyone but Luffy. Especially not the first fucking Yonko to fall in the series at the hands of the protagonist, when Oda has been building up to this for 20 years. :rolaugh:
maybe big mom falls first :cheers:
Post automatically merged:

Ashura directly compared Luffy to Oden when he saw him use Conqueror's Haki.
didnt he just say like "thats odens ability"?.

Oden's will is placed on Luffy
He doesn't have to kill Kaido
so odens will wont be fulfilled?!

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
β€Ž
maybe big mom falls first :cheers:

didnt he just say like "thats odens ability"?.

so odens will wont be fulfilled?!

yeah that all he said hardly a ringing endorsement that hes the new oden just cause of coc
kidd has coc
meme has coc
kaido has coc
they aint oden either

After all these panels, @Celestial D. Dragon will come barking at you crying that Kaidou's death means nothing and Oda hasn't been setting up for his death as if he's Oda's best pal or someshit.
No one knows what Oda realy is planning and everyone here, no matter how much evidence you claim to have knows what will happen, so at some point you all just have to agree to disagree.
I'm essentially on the same camp where i'm not trying to deny the fact that Zoro carries a lot of Oded and the Scabbards' will on his shoulders just like Luffy, but i don't think he'll be the one to ultimately defeat/kill Kaido.
But to to take literal panels of characters saying they want to "take Kaido's head" and claim it's bound to happen because of that is just too on the nose, hell we don't even have the full picture yet when it comes to Kaido's character and why he wants to die.

As simplistic as it is, it just comes down to Luffy being the main protagonist of the story and Kaido being the main antagonist of the arc.
Even back in Dressrosa Law had way more personal grudges against Doflamingo and even carried the will of Rosinante, but Luffy was ultimately the one to defeat him and fulfill Law's wish.

No one knows what Oda realy is planning and everyone here, no matter how much evidence you claim to have knows what will happen, so at some point you all just have to agree to disagree.
I'm essentially on the same camp where i'm not trying to deny the fact that Zoro carries a lot of Oded and the Scabbards' will on his shoulders just like Luffy, but i don't think he'll be the one to ultimately defeat/kill Kaido.
But to to take literal panels of characters saying they want to "take Kaido's head" and claim it's bound to happen because of that is just too on the nose, hell we don't even have the full picture yet when it comes to Kaido's character and why he wants to die.

As simplistic as it is, it just comes down to Luffy being the main protagonist of the story and Kaido being the main antagonist of the arc.
Even back in Dressrosa Law had way more personal grudges against Doflamingo and even carried the will of Rosinante, but Luffy was ultimately the one to defeat him and fulfill Law's wish.
Yeah i'm not saying ZKK will happen. I'm just trashing this dumb ass @Celestial D. Dragon for saying that there's no evidence that it will happen.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐒𝐫𝐒𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐑𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
β€Ž
Yeah, Oda's Luffy bias is one of the most persuasive arguments against. I'll cover it at more length in my "The Case Against" essay, but:
  • Zoro is one of the main protagonists of the series while Law is not.
    • Oda said Luffy, Zoro and Nami are the 3 triggers.
  • Zoro has personal connections and involvement with the people of Wano that Law lacked in Dressrosa.
    • Law had a grudge with Doffy, but no personal investment with the plight of the people of Dressrosa.
    • Hiyori begged Zoro to save Wano while crying into his chest.
    • Zoro swore to avenge Yasuie.
    • Zoro was enranged when he saw Kiku's arm fall from the roof.
  • Beyond carrying Oden's will, there are other reasons for ZKK I cover in my forthcoming essay:
    • Zoro has been setup as the Second Coming of Sword God Ryuma.
      • He's been setup to replicate Ryuma's legend of slaying a dragon over the Flower Capital
    • Kaido wants to die at the hands of the Samurai bearing Oden's mantle
  • In conclusion, just be patient hold tight and let me work through the series. I will be very comprehensive in my treatment of it.

@Cinera i need part 2 by the weekend. Lol
Sorry, but you'll probably have to wait till next weekend at the earliest. I'll be working overtime because of the current chapter.

J

Jo_Ndule

Even kaido doesn't see Oden in Zoro but in enma
While he sees Oden in Luffy

Retainers placed their burden on Luffy not Zoro
Momo placed his burden on Luffy not Zoro
(Hiyori is second class to Momo, Momo the next shogun not hiyori)
Even hiyori didn't say " zoro beat Kaido for me"

Luffy the one who remembered Wano pain before doing red roc

Yasuie wish was for somebody to take Kaido head and save Wano. Also you can inherit Wills from objects and DF. So wrong again

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
β€Ž

How do you see he doesn't see Oden in Zoro?

I mean it's totally possible that Kaido simply saw Oden in Zoro in that his haki reminded him of Oden's. Not sure why you guys ditch these likely scenarios so rapidly.

Seems like you guys are only smart when it comes to twisting manga facts and creating headcanons

In reality you guys don't understand how Oda writes his arcs and strawhats

Last edited: