Questions & Mysteries Ace should've never died

Ace or Sabo

• Ace live and Sabo never exist

Votes: 18 42.9%
  • Sabo exist and Ace die

Votes: 24 57.1%

• Total voters
I hold the unpopular opinion that Ace was overrated. His death definitely needed to happen. In my opinion (which isn't worth much) the only reason that people can feel Ace is a "great" character is because of his death. All this Oda hate, talking about "Oda would have ruined his character" is garbage to me as he was not a great character for Oda to ruin and his death is one of the most impactful scenes in any anime/manga. One Piece isn't what we all love without his death.
Post automatically merged:

Also, I can't vote on the poll because there is no third option. Ace was overrated and Sabo was handled poorly.

KonyaruIchi

👑𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓟𝓲𝓻𝓪𝓽𝓮 𝓠𝓾𝓮𝓮𝓷👑
Ace was a dumbass, his death was entirely avoidable and the biggest shame is that he couldn't just ignore Akainu taunting him with basically "your foster dad is bad lol, get dunked on nerrrd". If we'd seen more of him in the main story (ignoring his cover story and the episode A manga/novel since they don't connect to Luffy all that much sadly) I probably would've been sadder about his death, but as is it's more of a wasted opportunity and I'd rather have Sabo

You realize Ace would have never been the memorable character he is if he didnt die right?

He's in 2 chapters of Alabasta, 1 chapter after Jaya, and 2 chapters after Enies Lobby. That's it. 90% of his major scenes are in Impel Down, Marineford and Luffy's flashback.

The REASON he's so beloved is because of the fact that he died and his very famous death scene in 573. "Thank you for loving me" is quite literally still the most powerful thing One Piece has ever done, followed by Whitebeard's rage and death.

I do not agree at all lol.

Sabo has more potential than Ace as a character imo

I’ll never understand people who think he’s Walmart Ace when they have different views, somewhat different personalities (lets be real Ace Sabo and Luffy all share many traits), and walk completely different paths

He’s a more doting brother than Ace was and can be unnecessarily ruthless which was shown when he started laughing maniacally as he slowly crushed VA Batiste’s skull, he cares more about the injustice caused by Nobles and chose to continue following Dragon because of that.

Ace set out and became a pirate captain then fell under Whitebeard and was satisfied with becoming and remaining one of his many commanders

Sabo wants to change the world by flipping the system and removing the celestial dragons entirely. He’s the Chief of Staff of the Revolutionary army (the only group in One Piece that directly opposes the WG) and was sent on a mission to declare war on the World Nobles.

None of this could’ve been achieved by Ace. All Ace would be at this point in the story is another rival for Luffy that we know will fail because Luffy is the main character

Perhaps Oda could have found a different way to have Luffy's character develop but from a plot standpoint killing Ace didn't technically prove a bad choice :josad:

Ace's death broke Luffy. And it was a MUCH needed breaking, dude seriously thought he and crew were strong enough to survive the NW as they were.

Also even if Ace survived he's a hot headed character who without a doubt would have taken part in the Payback war and lost to BB again... Like ya'll love Ace so much then forget what made his character great in the first place. He's a flawed/tragic character.

the problem is not ace death the problem is oda FAIL to DEVELOP Sabo with too many characters in OP kinda hard to potrait sabo personality and most people feel he is just ace replacement with exactly same df
maybe after wano oda will develop sabo still corious is he survive CP0 and admirals in Reverie