Anime & Manga Admiral Lee Hung's Rare Meme Repository

Sword & Admiral Quality

• Total voters

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
Nostalgia
Sanjikun, cardboard, Flower, Nessos,.. Were the users that really got salty when G4 was exposed in WCI and BM didn't fall.

OJ during WCI : The apostles of Oda vs Oda critics lol
Still makes me laugh my ass off when I think back. The apostles thought they were slick in trying to turn the critic club thread into a PL discussion so that they can report it and get it banned.

@Albino 👑 Ninja Supreme? It's more likely for a ninja to wear an orange jumpsuit than to be an Apoo fan.

Wasn't there a group known as "4 Apostles of Oda" on Oro Jackson? What a bunch of cringy ass beta males.

May as well call them "4 Virgins with their tongues attached to Oda's ass"
Were they the "Big Mom Will Fall Crowd" and their secret chats I've been hearing about?

J

Jo_Ndule

Still makes me laugh my ass off when I think back. The apostles thought they were slick in trying to turn the critic club thread into a PL discussion so that they can report it and get it banned.
Those guys were cringy and corny.
Geezus. I’m kinda sad I ain’t take a screenshot of my ban when it happened lol, I think they jus said “goodbye” when they bammed my ass
Post automatically merged:

Lmao, this debate birthed some funny ass posts
Mine it was "have fun on the other side" or so. I expected it since I kept sending Worstgen links.

The one that made laugh was @Geo :milaugh: imagine waking up and logging in just to see "goodbye" for no good reason.

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
Wasn't there a group known as "4 Apostles of Oda" on Oro Jackson? What a bunch of cringy ass beta males.

May as well call them "4 Virgins with their tongues attached to Oda's ass"
FIVE Apostles :smithnie:

Is that what they tried lmao?
Remember that Luffy PM where they planned to trick Katakuri fans into getting banned? That was their plan for any topic they didn't like. They would always go off topic and derail threads(mostly the ones that criticized Oda or had Luffy losing) and report them.

Those guys were cringy and corny.

Mine it was "have fun on the other side" or so. I expected it since I kept sending Worstgen links.

The one that made laugh was @Geo :milaugh: imagine waking up and logging in just to see "goodbye" for no good reason.
Hard to believe that most fo them were in their 30s.

J

Jo_Ndule

@dirtyLarry vs Apostles :josad: on chapter /discussion or critic threads every single week.

He was carrying the critics club alongside @Van and others.
@Flower would just tire you out sometimes back then.
Then you have cardboard... This Guy was something else, even Hannibal Psyche isn't like him.
He was typing my name and Others on reddit with mockery when Skinny BM was being shafted.
I still wish he wasn't banned to receive the biggest L any faction has ever received on OP forums.
There is no L that will top "BM will fall" Mugiwara squad except If it got to do with Shanks/Mihawk/Teach/Zoro, the mostly loved characters.

Jiihad

RIP Toriyama

Shit lmao, I think mine would’ve been far worse if I didn’t get banned mid post lol

My dude Dizzybrows got tha same thing lmao. He jus logged in one day and boom! Next thing you know he’s on discord asking what tha fuck happened and why he can’t log in:gokulaugh:

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
Nah, pre-WCI was one of the peak Z vs S times. That's when Oda announced the Year of Sanji, Sanji's father was the blonde Gorosei Top 5 assassin, Zoro was the son of Kaido/the Shogun-who-was-a-badass and was going to defeat them.

These are the eras of OJ

The Dark Ages. Years prior to 2015. I hadn't joined then. Don't know much about it.

The Enlightenment. Feburary 2015. Zoro defeats Pica. Other fandoms enter paroxysms of rage. Cooled somewhat by G4.

World War One. 2016-17. Sanji is wanted Alive Only, and the Year of Sanji is announced. Lasts until the sad capitulation of the Sanji fans when all he accomplishes in the first half of WCI was getting battered by his family, beating up Luffy who wasn't fighting back, crying, agreeing to marry Pudding and give up on his dream, crying again when she laughed at him, crying again that he wanted to go back to the Sunny in a Robin redux. Also Zoro doesn't appear once so there's not much to talk about. Zoro vs Sanji is BANNED by the Gorosei.

World War Two. 2017-18. The forum moves on. A wider war than the first one is fought, over the merits of One Piece and OJ as a whole. Two major battles are fought, the Great Debate and Luffy vs Katakuri. A mod advocates genocide for gays. I wasn't joking when I called them the Gorosei.

The Fall of the OJ Empire. 2019. Much like Rome, OJ splinters into two factions, Worst Gen and Thriller Bark, after years of internecine fighting.

Ken Burns is doing a documentary about it.
Damn, @Admiral Lee Hung needs to recruit you as a script writer.
:catsweat:

Lol, this would be like @ShishioIsBack telling someone that Zoro ain't that strong.
:vistalaugh:

The true hallmark of a transcendent wanker, even the greats are shocked by your wank.

If you could convince him Crocodile's strength was retconned, I'd much appreciate that.
I managed to do it for @silverfire, and they had the same position and similar arguments prior (IMO silver raised even better arguments against it). Maybe silver could do the same for Bogard when he has the time.

I doubt he will ever fall below top 5. There is still a lot of time for Hawkins in Wano. I hope Oda reintroduces him as soon as possible.
Which of Luffy, Law, Kidd, Drake and Urouge do you think he's stronger than?

Honestly, he isn't even looking better than Apoo.

FIVE Apostles :smithnie:

Remember that Luffy PM where they planned to trick Katakuri fans into getting banned? That was their plan for any topic they didn't like. They would always go off topic and derail threads(mostly the ones that criticized Oda or had Luffy losing) and report them.

Hard to believe that most fo them were in their 30s.
Those were the times man ... I remember facing so much backlash from that group (and a few others), simply because I had the opinion that

1) BM will never be defeated in combat at WCI (which turned out to be true)
2) Germa can't do shit against the commanders and BM herself (which turned out to be true)
3) The pacing of the second half of WCI was atrocious (which is an almost universally acknowledged fact today)
4) Oda will never stop doing his shitty cop-outs (which was again proven with Pound, Jinbei and back then already with the Sunny and Pekoms)

What glorious times and absolutely hilarious in hindsight
:cheers:

Would you say WCI's second half was a good idea on paper but executed poorly?

Their desperate escape from Yonko territory on lock-down and Luffy fighting the "Zoro opponent" for prideful reasons appeal to me. It's a great contrast between an Emperor's arc and normal ones.
Well, “good idea” may be an exaggeration but it certainly could have been a lot better.

Have it so that the Vinsmokes see Sanji’s cake stop Linlin in her tracks and actually knock her out/lose consciousness/go to sleep/whatever. This would prove Sanji’s worth and all the degenerate Binjokes that they were completely wrong about both Sanji and his skills.

As it stands, the cake had no payoff whatsoever. The only folk who saw it were the only folk that would never care about the meaning of it. Even feckin Sanji himself did not stick around to see it through.

As for Luffy vs Katakuri, I addressed the problems I had with that fight here.
II) The reasons for the fight to occur in the first place were nonsense and undermined Luffy’s previously established character.

Luffy was never someone who started conflict with any major arc antagonist. It was always an antagonist that started shit and blocked all options off to the point where Luffy had to confront them for a logical reason (e.g. Crocodile and Alabasta, Enel putting the SH crew on trial, Moriah trapping the crew, CP9 capturing Robin etc.).

Luffy was always more concerned with the safety of his crew and adventure. Deliberately picking fights for no reason was not in his nature. Just look at his interactions with Bellamy during Jaya Arc. Luffy had no interest in an ego contest with Bellamy because such things are meaningless, a lesson he learned from Shanks all the way back in Chapter 1.

Compare that to Luffy abandoning his crew (which is down to 1/2 it’s usual numbers) to a literal Yonko in order to have a fight with Katakuri for the sake of fighting and it suddenly feels less like Luffy vs Katakuri in One Piece and more like Rubber Goku vs Demon King Katakuri in Dragon Ball Sea.

The old Luffy would have prioritised the safety of his crew above all else. Luffy has the chance to either trap Katakuri in the Mirror World by dumping him in there and taking Brûlée hostage or just straight up dumped Katakuri in the ocean. Then he would have protected his crew from the rampaging Yonko Linlin.

Before I hear some objections about how Luffy is not “underhanded”, this is the same Luffy who regularly used people as meat shields since Pre-TS and who was fine with partaking in the assassination of a 68 year old granny by directly triggering a catastrophic mental breakdown.

Seeing such a core aspect of Luffy swept aside just to have a cool fight was utterly disappointing.
If you are talking about what I said, then I should probably clarify my position.

When I said Luffy, I did not mean Pre-TS Luffy, I meant Luffy in general.

Yes, even with his intention of taking down the four Yonko (which Pre-TS Luffy would have accepted as necessary to achieve his goal of becoming Pirate King) it is still antagonists that start beef with him.

Linlin threatened Fishman Island and sent minions to kidnap Sanji.

For Kaido, well Momo is New World Vivi so there is that. Caesar and his allies were intent on killing everyone on the island. Defeating Caesar and destroying the SAD factory meant pissing off both Doffy and Kaido anyway.

If I recall correctly, Fujitora actually confronted the Straw Hats. To be fair to Luffy, Fujitora came by just himself and his AoE capabilities would have just sunk the retreating ships. If Fujitora was serious about killing them then retreating would have been impossible anyway. Challenging Fujitora certainly did not put the crew in anymore danger than they were already in.

This brings me to my biggest problem with Luffy vs Katakuri.

Even if I were to fully accept that Luffy has changed into an individual that seeks direct conflict and confrontation (despite Shank’s teachings and the fact Ace died for that exact reason so gg those lessons), I refuse to accept that it is inherently in Luffy’s nature to deliberately endanger and/or abandon his crew just to cobble someone who never actually did anything to Luffy or his crew and who could have been dealt with by Luffy easily (e.g. trapped in Mirror World or drowned) so that Luffy could then protect his crew from the literal rampaging Yonko (who for all his Post-TS big talk, Luffy had no problem running away from).

On a side note, I also fully accept that my other two points (as well as this point) as pointed out by @Admiral Lee Hung are not direct criticisms of Katakuri.

Fair enough but like I said they do affect my enjoyment of the character. After all, the one thing I do not enjoy is when a character shines at the expense of others.

Considering I see legitimate objective criticism for and against Katakuri, it does make think of Katakuri as a character was a good idea that (like everything else in WCI) was at best not executed to it’s fullest potential or at worst executed poorly.

If Katakuri had to be someone necessary that Luffy needed to face (I suppose this addresses what @TEACH D TEACH was saying) then Oda should have just made Katakuri the big bad at the end of arc and invented some reason for Linlin to be out of action (any reason is better than that stupid cake chase sequence) or hell, just have that assassination plan of Bege’s work. That might have made folk actually take the Supernovas seriously.

Have Katakuri be the main threat that Luffy needs to face. That way Luffy is saving his crew, not abandoning them. Make Katakuri the reason that Luffy cannot leave the Mirror World. This would have fixed a lot of problems.

Would you say WCI's second half was a good idea on paper but executed poorly?

Their desperate escape from Yonko territory on lock-down and Luffy fighting the "Zoro opponent" for prideful reasons appeal to me. It's a great contrast between an Emperor's arc and normal ones.
To be quite frank: The idea of them having to escape is ok. Nothing super innovative, but you can work with it.

The way it was executed still baffles me to this day. I don't kow what Oda was thinking.

1) It was way too long. The whole escape plot lasted for 30+ chapters. Those were entire arcs pre-skip! At one point you just get bored, since the general theme is still very simple ... "we have to escape". That doesn't warrant 30+ chapters.

2) Letting the pacing issues aside, the main fight that Oda included (Luffy vs Katakuri) was also very questionable. It had almost zero buildup, you never got the feeling of Katakuri being an actual "villain" and it also was quite unsatisfying in the end (Katakuri completely dominating Luffy for 95% of the fight and Luffy somehow winning with a few on-screen punches in the end).
I'm pretty certain that this fight wasn't planned from the beginning and Oda came up with the idea midway through WCI. It just felt forced in.

3) The cop-outs, by God, the cop-outs ...
I really don't want to waste much time on this, but constantly trying to convince the reader that something terrible happened, only to cop-out the very next chapter was just cringeworthy. In the end we had absolutely zero consequences for the SHs btw (Jinbei totally fine, Pekoms still here, Pound alive, Sunny ok etc.), which is a travesty.
To all the "Pedro is dead" believers: I have some land to sell you ... on the Moon.

4) Sanji's character arc. What a shitshow, really. His cake worked, yay! Outside of that: Literally nothing changed. He's still the cringeworthy perv he always was, his own family hasn't changed their attitude towards him at all, SHs have seemingly already forgotten everything that happened between him and Luffy. He's literally the same right now, that he always was. WCI didn't progress his character one bit.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
How would you write the Katakuri fight so that Luffy doesn't have a choice?
Sure. Take away Luffy’s ability to choose his fights every so often. Since Luffy’s character is all about freedom, then his ultimate antagonist(s) can only be someone who tries to rob him of that freedom.

Which is of course Akainu as Justice is the opposite of Freedom in OP
:akaman:

J

Jo_Ndule

Shit lmao, I think mine would’ve been far worse if I didn’t get banned mid post lol

My dude Dizzybrows got tha same thing lmao. He jus logged in one day and boom! Next thing you know he’s on discord asking what tha fuck happened and why he can’t log in:gokulaugh:
:suresure: OJ staff went hard on that last attack against Worstgen

Those were the times man ... I remember facing so much backlash from that group (and a few others), simply because I had the opinion that

1) BM will never be defeated in combat at WCI (which turned out to be true)
2) Germa can't do shit against the commanders and BM herself (which turned out to be true)
3) The pacing of the second half of WCI was atrocious (which is an almost universally acknowledged fact today)
4) Oda will never stop doing his shitty cop-outs (which was again proven with Pound, Jinbei and back then already with the Sunny and Pekoms)

What glorious times and absolutely hilarious in hindsight
:cheers:
We need to bring Cardboard here
And get Nessos back.

Then rematches may happen