Versus Battle Akou vs Rokuomi

Akou is the superior commander overall although Rokuomi could potentially win a duel, a stalemate is more likely there.

One interesting part would be how Akou approaches this. His natural style is offensive might but that's also Rokuomi's game and he may even win that. Akou has more weapons to use though and if he plays it smart, i think he wins.

Fascinating match up IMO. I think they're close to each other as of today, with Akou a bit above. But Akou will become levels better soon.

A Kou has the better feats, but Roku O Mi has the better stats.

ROM is overlooked and underestimated by a huge portion of the Kingdom fandom, in large part, I suspect, because of his personality and this particular audience having an affinity for edgelords and the cooler, more served characters they like to project themselves on, e.g. Kan Ki, Ou Sen, A Kou, etc.

Regardless of how he is perceived, though, Roku O Mi is a very powerful combatant, a highly capable leader, and an experienced veteran. Hara didn't give him these stats for nothing:
STR 92
LDR 90
INT 82
EXP A

A Kou's stats are:
STR 91
LDR 89
INT 87
EXP B

Granted, stats are inherently arbitrary and don't tell the whole picture. They certainly don't determine the outcome of any hypothetical scenario. The circumstances do.

imo, Hara's stats leave a lot to desire in terms of reflecting what's on the panel, and on that basis alone I would have given A Kou a 93 in STR and 90 in LDR - that's just based on his performance.

This is match is pretty close. I'm personally leaning towards ROM in a duel and towards A Kou in a battlefield scenario.

That said, while not as impressive, we did see Roku O Mi call out formations during the Coalition War, so perhaps we'll get an opportunity to see how deep that skillset goes for him at a later date.

That said:
Akou tears this clown apart.
Just, no. This is a highly a difficult win for whoever wins.

Rokuomi is probably more akin to Denrimi or Sou Ou in terms of his strength, Akou wins high diff.
This is insulting to both Roku O Mi and A Kou.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
A Kou has the better feats, but Roku O Mi has the better stats.

ROM is overlooked and underestimated by a huge portion of the Kingdom fandom, in large part, I suspect, because of his personality and this particular audience having an affinity for edgelords and the cooler, more served characters they like to project themselves on, e.g. Kan Ki, Ou Sen, A Kou, etc.

Regardless of how he is perceived, though, Roku O Mi is a very powerful combatant, a highly capable leader, and an experienced veteran. Hara didn't give him these stats for nothing:
STR 92
LDR 90
INT 82
EXP A

A Kou's stats are:
STR 91
LDR 89
INT 87
EXP B

Granted, stats are inherently arbitrary and don't tell the whole picture. They certainly don't determine the outcome of any hypothetical scenario. The circumstances do.

imo, Hara's stats leave a lot to desire in terms of reflecting what's on the panel, and on that basis alone I would have given A Kou a 93 in STR and 90 in LDR - that's just based on his performance.

This is match is pretty close. I'm personally leaning towards ROM in a duel and towards A Kou in a battlefield scenario.

That said, while not as impressive, we did see Roku O Mi call out formations during the Coalition War, so perhaps we'll get an opportunity to see how deep that skillset goes for him at a later date.

That said:

Just, no. This is a highly a difficult win for whoever wins.

This is insulting to both Roku O Mi and A Kou.
Rokuomi’s stats are nonsense bro. Akou fought on par with Bananji repeatedly while Rokuomi was absolutely teased by Sen to Un. There is no world where Rokuomi has comparable martial feats to Akou.

Rokuomi’s stats are nonsense bro. Akou fought on par with Bananji repeatedly while Rokuomi was absolutely teased by Sen to Un. There is no world where Rokuomi has comparable martial feats to Akou.
Arbitrary in nature or not, stats offer a snapshot of Hara's perception of the characters in his own story. How much difference does 1pt really make, I don't think even Hara knows, but it would appear to me he perceives ROM as a better fighter and - I also find this hard to believe - leader than A Kou. Granted, this is from the man who hypes up Ou Ki's leadership even to this day, and yet only has him at a 93 in that category (Tou has 95).

I also don't think you can ignore the fact that A Kou and ROM serve quite different roles within their respective armies or how that impacts the manner in which they are depicted and the focus they're given in battles.

Personally, I think these stats would be more in line with A Kou's depiction in the manga
STR 93
LDR 90
INT 89
EXP A (he is Ou Sen's #1 vassal, and he's no spring chicken)

Regardless, even if A Kou had the better stats, I don't think anything he has shown warrants the belief he's so far ahead of Roku O Mi. He might be Tou's punching bag, but ROM has had his moments to shine and he served under Ou Ki for quite a long time. I would assume this would be a close fight under most circumstances.

Last edited:

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Arbitrary in nature or not, stats offer a snapshot of Hara's perception of the characters in his own story. How much difference does 1pt really make, I don't think even Hara knows, but it would appear to me he perceives ROM as a better fighter and - I also find this hard to believe - leader than A Kou. Granted, this is from the man who hypes up Ou Ki's leadership even to this day, and yet only has him at a 93 in that category (Tou has 95).

I also don't think you can ignore the fact that A Kou and ROM serve different quite roles within their respective armies or how that impacts the manner in which they are depicted and the focus they're given in battles.

Personally, I think these stats would be more in line with A Kou's depiction in the manga
STR 93
LDR 90
INT 89
EXP A (he is Ou Sen's #1 vassal, and he's no spring chicken)

Regardless, even if A Kou had the better stats, I don't think anything he has shown warrants the belief he's so far ahead of Roku O Mi. He might be Tou's punching bag, but ROM has had his moments to shine and he served under Ou Ki for quite a long time. I would assume this would be a close fight under most circumstances.
I won’t get into the stat argument lol, I think Hara does hardcore drugs before writing stats because there are so many hilarious inconsistencies.

I will say that in terms of both feats and portrayal, Akou is clearly above Rokuomi martially. And I never downplayed Rokuomi as a General. I would still put him above Heki and perhaps comparable to Kouson Ryuu overall, but I would still put Akou above him.

Rokuomi hasn't really got anything on Akou feat wise to beat him in a duel. Akou was able to simultaneously hold Bananji and Gyou'un for a short period of time and was consistently equal to Bananji whose martial might was compared to Renpa by Chougaryuu.

Meanwhile, Rokuomi got flat out toyed with by Sentoun and got his arse whooped by Rinbuken.

The most Rokuomi can hope for is a high diff defeat against Akou.

I won’t get into the stat argument lol, I think Hara does hardcore drugs before writing stats because there are so many hilarious inconsistencies.

I will say that in terms of both feats and portrayal, Akou is clearly above Rokuomi martially. And I never downplayed Rokuomi as a General. I would still put him above Heki and perhaps comparable to Kouson Ryuu overall, but I would still put Akou above him.
I feel you very much are downplaying ROM if you're suggesting he is contemporaries with Heki.

Whatever the difference is between him and A Kou - whoever is stronger or better - we're talking shades here, not different colours. A difference of inches, not miles.

Rokuomi hasn't really got anything on Akou feat wise to beat him in a duel. Akou was able to simultaneously hold Bananji and Gyou'un for a short period of time and was consistently equal to Bananji whose martial might was compared to Renpa by Chougaryuu.

Meanwhile, Rokuomi got flat out toyed with by Sentoun and got his arse whooped by Rinbuken.

The most Rokuomi can hope for is a high diff defeat against Akou.
A Kou momentarily holding against Gyou'un and Ba Nan Ji was impressive, but that's not a feat I would put past ROM.

Sen To'Un has STR 95, i.e. higher than to Gyou'un's 94 and Ba Nan Ji's 93. For reference, Duke Hyou had a 95.

The L he took to Rin Bu Kun was like a decade or so ago by now. And RBK wasn't a scrub, he had STR 93.

A Kou has better feats, but he's also had more focus in a shorter amount of time than ROM has, and that has everything to do with his role in the Ou Sen Army. While Ou Sen is a capable fighter, albeit not on Tou's level, he isn't one to take up his glaive unless he is compelled by circumstances.

We don't know the extent of ROM's abilities, and absence of proof is not proof of absence. For all we know, ROM will have his moment in an upcoming arc and come out smelling like roses.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
I feel you very much are downplaying ROM if you're suggesting he is contemporaries with Heki.
He is. Heki has been a General for over 5 years now, and has been fighting on the front lines of Zhao for three years straight.

Rokuomi and the rest of Ouki’s vassals are not that strong, it was straight up stated in canon that Renpa’s Heavenly Kings were “miles” above them in strength, and quite frankly every Heavenly King’s feats and hype put Rokuomi to shame.

Bananji has the distinction of being compared directly to Kaishibou and Renpa, making him also a Heavenly King level commander, meaning Bananji’s strength is also miles above Rokuomi, and Akou had multiple extended duels with Bananji on top of stalling him out using the Shells and Joints formation which Riboku had to personally intervene to help Bananji overcome.

The portrayal is clear and consistent, Akou is a caliber above Rokuomi as a General. There is no area where Rokuomi has been even remotely comparable to him unless you appeal to Hara’s extremely ludicrous stat system.

Whatever the difference is between him and A Kou - whoever is stronger or better - we're talking shades here, not different colours. A difference of inches, not miles.
Which is funny when the word miles was literally used in canon to describe the difference in ability between commanders like Rokuomi and Kaishibou, whom Akou directly scales to lol.

Like I said, Rokuomi is stronger than Heki but he is no Akou. You have Renpa stating that Genpou could lead the entire Zhao military, and Sento Un saying Rokuomi could be a 1,000 man commander in Chu, lol

Last edited:
Akou.

Sento Un saying Rokuomi could be a 1,000 man commander in Chu, lol
Rokuomi and his Chu stories part two 😂
But it's true that the figure of the Chu general is more hyped than the same spot in the other states.

With us seeing how much resources, manpower and super powerful individuals lurking out there Zhao still has (like the Seika gang), it makes me wonder even more just how stacked the Chu actually are.

Even Keisha was like - Riboku bro they have a lot, that's it :handsup:

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Sento Un disrespecting Rokuomi 😂
But it's true that the figure of the Chu general is more hyped than the same spot in the other states.
Here’s the thing: was Sento Un really disrespecting Rokuomi? Was he really?

When KouYoku was a 1,000 Man Commander, he fought Tou as an equal in a sword duel. Tou was wide-eyed in shock over how strong 1,000 man commander Yoku was.

When Haku Rei was a 1,000 Man Commander, he was already one of the Ten Bows of China (claimed himself to be number 3) which puts his skill with the bow on par with or even above somebody like Kyou En.

Rokuomi during that same time period was…losing a duel with Ribukun? Like seriously, Rokuomi has very tame feats and hype compared to the only 1,000 man commanders from Chu that we’ve ever seen. And Rokuomi certainly falls short of Akou in every category.

Here’s the thing: was Sento Un really disrespecting Rokuomi? Was he really?

When KouYoku was a 1,000 Man Commander, he fought Tou as an equal in a sword duel. Tou was wide-eyed in shock over how strong 1,000 man commander Yoku was.

When Haku Rei was a 1,000 Man Commander, he was already one of the Ten Bows of China (claimed himself to be number 3) which puts his skill with the bow on par with or even above somebody like Kyou En.

Rokuomi during that same time period was…losing a duel with Ribukun? Like seriously, Rokuomi has very tame feats and hype compared to the only 1,000 man commanders from Chu that we’ve ever seen. And Rokuomi certainly falls short of Akou in every category.
To be fair Kou Yoku (possibly related to Kou En himself) and Haku Rei are very special, prominent members of the new gen, of an exceptional lv.

Last edited:

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
Akou is a better commander but a fight between them would be hard Rokuomi is not slouch fighting wise. I have both Bananji and Gyou Un above Akou individually but Akou had great showings.

A great fuel incoming but 50k vs 50k Rokuomi is doomed

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
To be fair Kou Yoku (possibly related to Kou En himself) and Haku Rei are very special, prominent members of the new gen, of an exceptional lv.
I’m not so sure. If they were in Qin or Zhao, yes, but I’m not sure they were any more talented than any other Chu 1000 MCs just because we have no other commanders to compare them to.

Rei and Yoku were very young to be 1000 MCs, but I’m not sure if their talent levels at that age were above the standard Chu 1000 MCs. Just like how now, I don’t think Yoku and Rei are any stronger than the Juukou generals for example.