Chapter Discussion Am I just too old for this?

Am I just too old for this?

• Total voters
First panel in last chapter is quite literally an explanation for this: they read the newspaper.
Newspaper said they were there? Maybe I miss that part as I said in my post.

Then I wonder why Teach is not going there too to took advantage of situation. Why Shanks is not going there too to intercept Teach. But sure let's wait 2 weeks for next chapter to see if more people shows up.

Rej

Year of the black beard!
You failed to understand my question.

I know all this about Giants and Sun God Nika. My question is how they know he is right there at Egghead. If Shanks knew about it and was at Wano 1 week after why they wasn't there too?

Chapter 1074, Chekhov's Gun the Newspaper Morgans issued the day prior.

No one doubts Oda's capacity to make the work even better than what it is now he is a genius and hardworking man, but he made it clear that his story is intended for 15-year-olds, and thi is why most fans of the work cannot accept criticism as if they were the ones being criticized lol

the wano arc made me lower my expectations for the future events, but i think that the ending will be satisfying mostly unlike some other mangas

and the bitter reality is the story is all about luffy the chosen one, the other 'main characters' dont matter as long as nika gets the spotlight....

Let's take an analysis on why this thread is peak stupidity.

"child manga"

OK

idk if a child would understand the following things:
-what an Ushi Oni is
-why Vegapunk's head is half an apple
-why things should have been kept secret and why Vegapunk at all has been hunted down
-gore

"child manga"

yeah my ass, I debunked every accusation

if you want to enjoy One Piece, maybe give a fuck about your childish JJK unga-bunga standards, start to love people and appreciate life and art in general
Oda said that he writes this manga for this 15 yr old self or younger.

I can't believe you're invoking Chehov's gun. Have you read Chehov? His writing style is completely the opposite of Oda.

If you don't read OP for the World building and the lore of course you are too Old
Characters are good but you have better characters in other manga. Same thing for fight (bar a few parts of Luffy's fight and some others iconic moments)

Beside that OP is pretty good far more enjoyable than 99% of not only mangas but also stories in general

Nahh this just another chapter with pis and asspull, but yeah its too much in this arc
Kizaru character being incosistent throughout the arc, i mean blud is switch up in a span of one chapter from go worrying about bonney then want to kill her, in another media this character resolved should be given more focused unlike lizaru this time.
Then also there's bonney asspull being highest order of command px

Rej

Year of the black beard!
And anyone already read those news?
most likely on the same day, the closer to Morgans the faster the news coo should arrive

I think it is heavily implied since the course of the arc that Elbaf is not too far away from Egghead.

We can consider that the giant's ship is also traveling faster than the regular navy ships.

I’m one of those that believes that stories for youth can be great for all ages.
exactly, Oda has in mind that his readers are growing with the story over time, so he doesn't shy away from adding complexicity or more darker tones to the story...it was always meant to be a shounen that serves to young readers, but due to the length and growing content is also meant for growing users.

not liking one piece because of demographical issues or "grown up" reasons means that you just claim you want to stop growing. you want to stop to experience, learn and love. that is why people become anti or overly critical.

Nahh this just another chapter with pis and asspull, but yeah its too much in this arc
Kizaru character being incosistent throughout the arc, i mean blud is switch up in a span of one chapter from go worrying about bonney then want to kill her, in another media this character resolved should be given more focused unlike lizaru this time.
Then also there's bonney asspull being highest order of command px
Kizaru has been “unclear justice” since his introduction. I’m starting to think we’re all reading two different series

I’m not sure why Bonney being the highest order of command should count as an asspull either lmao. If you don’t like it that’s fine but calling it an asspull screams salt imo

First panel in last chapter is quite literally an explanation for this: they read the newspaper.
They haven't even been on Egghead for a day yet, and even if they magically have, there's no way they're getting to Egghead that fast by a fucking boat by the time they get the news.

Last edited: