Chapter Discussion Am I just too old for this?

Am I just too old for this?

• Total voters
Imo the most childish people I have ever met in my life, jerk themselves off to their own maturity.

A real fucking adult would stop reading a story they no longer liked, children throw tantrums.
Post automatically merged:

Not to mention One Piece has some of the most mature takes on real world issues, regardless of it being meant for children.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
I had my "am I too old for this" in dressrosa as well. Do what I do, and start reading the story for individual characters only.

I only read it for Zoro, Mihawk, Blackbeard and Imu stuff. Everything else I couldn't care less about. Started enjoying it since then
I third this.

I'm only here to see Kizaru action. All my other favorites are written out of the story until EoS.

The plot is riddled with conveniences and the story feels disjointed. On top of that, the lore is disappointingly juvenile, as seen in the Nika stuff and devil fruit explanations.
Its been like that since Sabaody, the difference is now its filled with retcons galore. Some things just felt like they lost their magic after Oda revealed in his interviews that some decisions were made up on the fly or were blatant retcons.

Since then it's going downhill for eustass
:josad:
People used to tell me: "Kidd, you'll always have your head in the clouds!" But just look at me now. :josad:

Frankly, Never been a fan of KOH and Asura. Prefer him to be simple samurai instead of omitting cloud or grow new limbs.

But nika or Sun god is just worse
Same. Or having a magic sword that absorbs your spirit energy, or being super experiment with indestructible exoskeleton or having magic pop seeds that turn into monsters/convenient tools without much rhyme or reason. I like magic and weird powers and all but some things were nice when their powers felt like they derived from their own talents rather than from a source greater than them.

I got my hopes up when Egghead first started, because the beginning was honestly really good, but then Oda falls back to his bad habits again in having stupid plots in the same way 'weedddddinggg cake Big Mom in WCI' and the whole 'Tama and Kurozumi' crap in Wano did.

Egghead had a amazing start and the York betrayal reveal was amazingly done imo. But the thing that is pissing me off the most right now is fucking Bonney and to a lesser extend Vegapunk, it all falls apart and goes downhill from there!

The plot got stupid imo when Bonney in all her anger chases Vegapunk away all over Egghead, forcing Luffy and the crew on a wild goose chase to go chase after and find them, wasting precious time for Kizaru, Saturn and the whole naval fleet to arrive and impose a blockade. It dosen't even register to Bonney just how much danger she has put the Straw Hats, the Vegapunks and herself in because of her selfish actions. Robin is hurt, and half the Vegapunks like Shaka and Edison are already destroyed.

Vegapunk himself is also too stupid and naive, could have at least tried to tell Bonney the truth about Kuma from the beginning, but Oda had to save it for a emotional reveal that Vegapunk was on our side all along and had actually given the highest priority of the control chip of Pacifistas the Bonney instead and not Saint Saturn. Lmfao what a coincidence!

Then add in with Luffy being the only useful one as the Yonko captain holding off Kizaru, wtf is everybody else in the crew doing??
Robin got injured and we still don't know why, after so long Zoro is STILL fighting Lucci and we haven't got any updates - i swear its like Zoro needs to see Kiku losing her arm again for him to get serious, and Sanji and Franky are completely useless in front of Kizaru and Saturn. Luffy alone is carrying their Emperor crew reputation right now.

I also would have wished that if any ally were to come to help the Straw Hats it should have been the grand fleet. Now Oda has to retcon Dorry and Broggy in being useful and actually strong, the same Dorry and Broggy who both fucking lost to Mr 3 and Mr 5 back in Little Garden, at least the Grand Fleet would have made more sense considering their numbers and people like Bart with the perfect devil fruit to protect Vegapunk.

Now everything Luffy does isn't about him anymore, but a useless Sun God Nika who can't even keep Kizaru away from hurting the ones he's meant to protect, compare that to Eneis Lobby Gear 3 Luffy who held off Lucci, this is a step back honestly imo.

Let's wait and see what other bullshit Goda pulls out of his ass with the Iron Giant next chapter. I had hoped that Oda wouldn't fuck up Egghead like he did WCI and Wano, but i guess that's too much to ask and third time won't be the charm after all.

:handsup:

I think the agenda wars are childish and stupid but you dumbfucks want to keep with it so I don't really care about opinions because how do I know that your angry the story isn't following your agenda.

Let's wait and see what other bullshit Goda pulls out of his ass with the Iron Giant next chapter. I had hoped that Oda wouldn't fuck up Egghead like he did WCI and Wano, but i guess that's too much to ask and third time won't be the charm after all.

:handsup:
Dressrosa was bad too. Fishaman island too.

OP has existed for over 20 years now and there haven't been ANY good payoffs or reveals. Oda is great at hype but lousy at payoffs, like
J.J. Abrams, and there is no reason to believe that he will end the series in a meaningful way. You'll get a lore dump explaining, well, the lore but the actual plot will be riddled with holes and plot armor. I don't think the ending will be more meaningful than sun god nika destiny prophecy.

The obvious retcons are getting out of hand. Many quite sloppy, like him making the mochi mochi no mi a logia, realizing that doesn't fit his own rules of the verse and then having future editions print it as a special paramecia.

Pacing is objectively worse than before TS, and Oda himself has slowed down, releasing far fewer chapters per year than before.

And I think all of the above are because he has exhausted much more of his plans, giving him challenges in figuring out where precisely the story should go.

The childishness is an element, but not a big issue in its own. Quality writing is quality writing.

The plot is riddled with conveniences
Name a plot that is not...
the story feels disjointed
Its the arc structure of many manga stories. They feel disconnected. It hit me the hardest in Black Clover and Fairytale where arcs stop and the next one starts immediately at full swing with no downtime or connection. Then this new arc has seemingly important characters that no one has ever heard of before. If you think about it thats not so bad in OP anymore. It was at the start with a lot of new introductions.
Right now we knew that Elbaf was coming and who would be involved so the arcs are connected at least post TS.
disappointingly juvenile
I would be disappointed it Oda pondered to the edgy kids. Its way more fun to see them dispair over the lunacy of OP.
When has OP ever been serious? There are parts where it gets a little dark, but overall it was always silly.
Nika stuff and devil fruit explanations
I dislike this as well, but for other reasons.
In the end the MC will win. One way or another. I just can not get to like the chosen one trope.
Yeah yeah, he is not just special, he is reincarnated god special...