Are people to blame for what their ancestors did?

They are guilty of being in possession of a land that is not rightfully theirs.

Imagine a relative/friend giving you a gift which he stole from someone else, shouldnt you be accountable for keeping it under your possession? Can you tell the police, "I will keep the gift because I am not responsible for the actions of someone else"?
For keeping it under his possession if it was stolen and if he knew it was stolen? Sure. But for his grandfather stealing it? Absolutely not.
That's why I said he can fight back for it but whatever his grandfather did is not his responsibility.
What could he do to stop that? Invent a time machine, go back in time and tell his grandfather to go fuck himself and stop being a cunt?
This is going too far imo.
And how far do we go? 10th century? Middle age? A century ago?
Don't we all have bad and good ancestors?

Afaik The Palestinians ancestors were Jews, but over time the Palestinians culture, Religion and all changed. After the WW1 when the Ottoman turks defeated, Brits take the land and bring all the Jews from all over the Europe and give them an own homeland there which is what called Israel without the approval of the Palestinians. So technically The land belong to Palestinians.
I agree and without backing from the US Israel would not exist. The palestinians are more right in this situation imo.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
Imagine a relative/friend giving you a gift which he stole from someone else, shouldnt you be accountable for keeping it under your possession? Can you tell the police, "I will keep the gift because I am not responsible for the actions of someone else"?
Its called "receiving stolen goods" : it is a criminal offense in France (recel), and likely in other countries. So yes this is a crime.

But that doesn't mean the one who kept the object stole it. The one who stole the object stole it, the one who kept it knowingly has done an other crime. You can't assimilate the thief to the receiver.

Each people their own crime.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
But that doesn't mean the one who kept the object stole it. The one who stole the object stole it, the one who kept it knowingly has done an other crime. You can't assimilate the stealer to the receiver.
Nah Rayan. It doesn't look this good as you think.

I literally know a family who reached off their wealth on other family that I know and their kid were raised to know their "superiority" to that other family.

This is bullshit what you just said now.

Don't tell me you believe in shit like people raised in wealth families and being like UH I CANT STAND THE WEALTH THAT MY PARENTS STOLE IN THE PAST.

"Grabs 10k$ jacket" and walks off home.

You have way too much faith in humanity Rayan.
Post automatically merged:

If you think blaming some random German citizen for what the Nazis did is acceptable, rethink your life decisions.
It's not like this.

No one blames innocent people but when someone raise their kids in a way where they made them believe what Nazi ancestor did was good then fuck them all.

If they're benefiting from injustice their ancestors commited at my expense you bet I'm going to try to do something about it.
Well you can try but that won't make them responsible.
If one of my ancestor killed someone in the 12th century because he was a piece of shit, that has nothing to do with me.
This is what we are talking about isn't it. An ancestor doing something wrong, and you want the descendant to be blamed for what reason exactly?

For keeping it under his possession if it was stolen and if he knew it was stolen? Sure. But for his grandfather stealing it? Absolutely not.
That's why I said he can fight back for it but whatever his grandfather did is not his responsibility.
What could he do to stop that? Invent a time machine, go back in time and tell his grandfather to go fuck himself and stop being a cunt?
This is going too far imo.
And how far do we go? 10th century? Middle age? A century ago?
Don't we all have bad and good ancestors?
I understand what you are saying, but we are not living in an ideal world. Look around you, people use their ancestral background all the time for their benefit. Let me give you an example. When the topic is immigration, they will say, "those foreigners are coming to use a system that our ancestors built". When the topic colonization/slavery/WW2, the same people will say, "We are not responsible for the actions of our ancestors"

What can be done? Probably nothing. But you cant ask people to forgive and forget when it fits you.

Last edited:

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
I understand what you are saying, but we are not living in an ideal world. Look around you, people use their ancestral background all the time for their benefit. Let me give you an example. When the topic is immigration, they will say, "those foreigners are coming to use a system that our ancestors built". When the topic colonization/slavery/WW2, the same people will say, "We are not responsible for anything our ancestors have done"

What can be done? Probably nothing. But you cant ask people to forgive and forget when it fits you.
Yeah. It's not like people who live in wealth that their ancestor aquired during wars and ruining peoples lives will just throw off the money and their houses and shit and tell poor people oh I feel so bad for you.

They dont.

Trust me they dont.

I understand what you are saying, but we are not living in an ideal world. Look around you, people use their ancestral background all the time for their benefit. When the topic is immigration, they will say, "those foreigners are coming to use a system that our ancestors built". When the topic colonization/slavery/WW2, the same people will say, "We are not responsible for anything our ancestors have done"

I'm not asking them to forgive or forget. Just to be fair.
Someone's ancestor being a racist/a nazi doesn't make that someone that, and the crime he committed shouldn't be held against that someone.
Now don't get me wrong the descendant can also be a piece of shit but then you judge him for his own mistakes not for someone from 100 years ago even if it's somehow the result of a shitty education.

It really depends,
Its not even about what your ancestors did, They could have killed a million people and what you do in your own life defines as a person that has nothing to do with it.
Its really about how you live your life, Are you benefiting from the wrong doings for your ancestors and play the card" it has nothing to do with you"?, Because IMO if you are befitting from it, It has every thing to do with you. And it could be a small crime or doing it doesnt need to be a big crime. Its not about the crime it about the person himself and what he does in his life and what change he does if he can.

I know many people who their parents and grandparents stole literal millions from people and they live at the higher end of society while they people that was stolen from them live in poverty, And they nothing to do the right thing and give it back. They play the nothing to do with me card i didnt steal. IMO it has everything to do with them for me its like they stole the money themselves maybe even worse. It literally defines them because they dont see anything wrong with it. And law doesnt always apply, Law is not the same everywhere and sometimes the Law cant bring justice.

Germans are not defined by what the nazi did but what most germans did after to overdo the damage and wrong doing is talked and praised about all over the world, But even then there are still Germans who benefit from it and praise it, Yes they are in the minority but for all i care they are sharing the crimes of the nazis because they are enabling it by not doing the right thing. Which is why it depends on the person. and thats without getting too much into poltics because this is not what this thread about. If you enable and benefit from it you share the crime for all i care. you are literally sharing the sin by enabling it in my opinion.

Its called "receiving stolen goods" : it is a criminal offense in France (recel), and likely in other countries. So yes this is a crime.

But that doesn't mean the one who kept the object stole it. The one who stole the object stole it, the one who kept it knowingly has done an other crime. You can't assimilate the thief to the receiver.

Each people their own crime.
this

I know many people who their parents and grandparents stole literal millions from people and they live at the higher end of society while they people that was stolen from them live in poverty, And they nothing to do the right thing and give it back. They play the nothing to do with me card i didnt steal. IMO it has everything to do with them for me its like they stole the money themselves maybe even worse. It literally defines them because they dont see anything wrong with it. And law doesnt always apply, Law is not the same everywhere and sometimes the Law cant bring justice.
Right, corrupt politicians/officials from third world countries smuggle millions to West. If you are living off in luxury life based on such money inherited from your parents/grandparents, you should be held accountable in my opinion. I dont want to hear "we are not responsible" from such people.

Right, corrupt politicians/officials from third world countries smuggle millions to West. If you are living off in luxury life based on such money inherited from your parents/grandparents, you should be held accountable in my opinion. I dont want to hear "we are not responsible" from such people.
also the OP never said that you share the full blame, The first line he wrote is if they are free of blame, Yeah most times you dont share the full sin, Most times you share some of it and thats even when there are times you share the full sin or at least most of it IMO. But still to say they are sinless is never right IMO unless they literally has nothing to do with it and cut ties with the sin completely. And how are "crimes" a excuse, Too much philosophy but arent crimes and law defined a bit by this logic anyways? Its not the other way around. Laws and crimes are defined by what you do alot of the times after the crime is done. And sometimes you share the crime evenif you didnt do it because the severity of it.
So how are the free of blame?
They share the sin to some degree at least.
:kayneshrug:

Edit: and thats if law apply in a righteous way where the crime happened obviously.

It's a daily thing here
Imagine saying it's not this guys problem that his dad stole 7 billion from our country and now this spoiled 25 year old is spending it on whores and drugs