Chapter Discussion Attack on Titan - Chapter 139 : Facing That Tree On The Hill

How do you rate the chapter?

• Total voters
I

Indigo

Had a lot of problems with the chapter, the spoilers made it sound even worse, but after getting the full typeset and quality scans, i can accept it a little better, still not great tho...

Overall it was a great journey, the ending didn't land quite well as we wanted.

Ymir’s entire motivation was Stockholm syndrome for her rapist/slave master who used and abused her since she was a young teen. That is so disgusting on every single level.

I never want to hear anyone praise the quality of AoT’s female characters again. Thanks Isayama for creating another Kaguya, a StRoNK FeMaLe ChARaCteR defined entirely by her connections to men.

Honestly wiping out 80% of the world population is pretty significant (and we are not even talking about destruction to the land), I don't see how the impact wouldn't be that far off from fully wiping everyone off.

No country should be able to recover from that, though I guess maybe some countries were untouched? Paradis wouldn't need to wait for retaliation, they should be able to march on mostly anyone.

Last edited:
Zeke's plan was better. Eren and Mikasa could have lived the rest of their lives together but no... kill 80% of all humanity, animals and plant life was Eren's decision. How the hell the world was able to provide nutritious substance for life and growth after Eren put his foot on everything is beyond me. The world was able to survive the rumbling why? Asspull thats why. Also WTF Ymir.

Rumbling was mistake all along tbh
But the ending was kinda predictable after that
Sad they didn't explain more stuff, and there were unnecessary things like eren sending dina or ymir loving the king ... but yea the manga overall was good the last arc tho..
Still sad now it is over :(
Last panel with mikasa is so beautiful yet so sad.
:pepemotion:

yup still salty.

its like yams does excelent mise en place with scallops, caviar, wagyus and all the expensive and royal ingredience

and then he dump them all in a wok and make a fried rice.
not to be racist, not like fried rice sucks, in fact it can be excelent.....
BUT THERE IS A TIME AND A PLACE. IF HE WANTS A FRIED RICE NO NEED TO SETUP ALL THAT SHIT

fuck me sideways if one piece ends like this shit it will scar me for live. Fortunately I just caught up with aot from just after the marley timeskip. It can be so much worse lol
Post automatically merged:

still better than GOT yeah, but a fried rice with wagyu of fucking course taste good

Eren reincarnated into a Pigeon :finally:
Post automatically merged:

Ymir’s entire motivation was Stockholm syndrome for her rapist/slave master who used and abused her since she was a young teen. That is so disgusting on every single level.

I never want to hear anyone praise the quality of AoT’s female characters again. Thanks Isayama for creating another Kaguya, a StRoNK FeMaLe ChARaCteR defined entirely by her connections to men.
Yeah man, I hate the Stockholm syndrome plot so much in all medias... kill the guy who invented that word... in the end its just a psycological term. And a pathetic excuse in literature which I highly doubt happened to anyone IRL. :kayneshrug: