Chapter Discussion Attack on Titan - Chapter 139 : Facing That Tree On The Hill

How do you rate the chapter?

• Total voters

Adam 🍎

Pretty Boy
β€Ž
I think i know what happened

Author realised that his plot of destroying 99% of the people and ressources is ABSOLUTE dog shit and would spell doom for the main cast so he backtracks and gives us this "peace deal" where all nations suddenly forgave Paradise island for the monstrosity that is Eren and his genocide. When USSR invaded Germany at the end of WW2 did they suddenly forgave citizen germans? No, they butchered and raped they way to Berlin, bcs thats the harsh reality of war. Can you imagine if USSR invaded germany after everything germany did to them and went - nope we cool now.

Ymir itself should go fuck herself. I felt bad for her at the start but the more shit went on the less it made sense.

Mikasa is nothing more than glorified chearleader

I

Indigo

Interesting. What was different between spoilers and chapter? Honestly, it's pretty much the same unless I missed something.
There was a lot of little things.

A big one for example (for me) was that the early spoilers made it sound like Eren made Titan Dinah kill his own mother on purpose, but after better translation and with the panels, it's made clear that he only made Titan Dinah ignore Bertolt, because he had to stay alive, and by doing that he ended up killing his own mother by mistake, but because that had to happen he couldn't change it anymore.
Post automatically merged:

Can we make petition for alternate ending by Isayama or by Yuusuke Murata?
Probably Anime Original Ending, that's what the fanbase is asking for.

We can't really compare a mature and deeper manga like AOT to Bleach a standard shonen. Yeah Bleach ending wasn't great for numerous reasons, but I expected better things from AOT
What do you want for the Ending @RayanOO ? Most people especially my brother Wants it Time Travel. But i Honestly Want the Lelouch Path (this Ending seems like it cuz They all Thank Eren for making all titan into human again, Region in peace (except in eldian cuz of eren fraction military, Most Of erens friends didn't Knew that this was for peace)

Akai2

πŸ†‰πŸ…ΎπŸ†πŸ…Ύ πŸ†ƒπŸ…ΎπŸ…Ύ πŸ†‚πŸ†ƒπŸ†πŸ…ΎπŸ…½πŸ…Ί!
β€Ž
A big one for example (for me) was that the early spoilers made it sound like Eren made Titan Dinah kill his own mother on purpose, but after better translation and with the panels, it's made clear that he only made Titan Dinah ignore Bertolt, because he had to stay alive, and by doing that he ended up killing his own mother by mistake, but because that had to happen he couldn't change it anymore.
Ohhhh I see. I honestly didn't get this when I read the chapter.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
β€Ž
What do you want for the Ending @RayanOO ? Most people especially my brother Wants it Time Travel. But i Honestly Want the Lelouch Path (this Ending seems like it cuz They all Thank Eren for making all titan into human again, Region in peace (except in eldian cuz of eren fraction military, Most Of erens friends didn't Knew that this was for peace)
I really need to read again the last chapter and the last 7/8 too.

But the ending has some problems in it :
- Ymir being in love
- Eren reaction about Mikasa , What ?
- The lack of Eren POV and the rushed explainations in the end
- the fact that the last 5/6 chapters were really weak : the fight with God eren was a mess, no death while outnumbered by 1 vs 15 titans etc etc
- the fact everyone was together in the end was weird
- the rumbling killing 80% of the world and then the peace with everyone else ? Quite confusing and weird.
- the lack of Historia

etc

It is way too fresh and I need to think about it, but this whole end doesn't really suit me.

1. Ymir being in love
-> I know Its Kinda Pushed for me, The Only one in my mind to explain this is Stockholm Syndromes, But The King also Abuse human right and kills Slaves right?
2. Eren reaction about Mikasa , What ?
-> Me too man, But my sister Mad at me When i Say Eren Has a weird thing about Mikasa (when he say he hate her but also like her at some time). She said if you look at Eren from chapter 1st or Anime from S1 there is indication of it (EreMika i mean).
3. The lack of Eren POV and the rushed explainations in the end
-> i Agree
4. the fact that the last 5/6 chapters were really weak : the fight with God eren was a mess, no death while outnumbered by 1 vs 15 titans etc etc
-> Pretty Much Agree. at that time i thought Connie, Jean, and Reiner Gonna Die but i Guess Isayama Loves them. (iam Reiner fan btw)
5. the fact everyone was together in the end was weird
-> NGL that was weird too
6. the rumbling killing 80% of the world and then the peace with everyone else ? Quite confusing and weird.
-> Apparently if i reread again thats not full 'Peace', there's still Eren Fraction in Eldia
7. the lack of Historia
-> I don't know what historia Role honestly after i see the panel of her talking with Eren in 'peaceful land'

It has ZERO sence...
Tybar thing worked case titans was defeated which lead to turning every eldian into slave. Here they ve got freedom?! Btw if there was a cure to titan thing, why Karl Fritz didn't used it?!
So there is less then 5% of reality that could work. I feel it like Isayama just for the sake of Eron fans made this shitty explanation of events...and when I saw how Eren said that Mikasa saved every one, i was like
:ihaha::cantseeme: