Season 1 had a great villain but the rest was mid. Season 2 had an uninteresting villain and the love triangle reached its cringy climax... but I like Avatar Wans story and the focus on the spirits. Season 3 was perfect for me in every way and Season 4 was okay and had some great moments
Agreed......season 1 is mid but amon is second best villain objectively imo and my fav.......S2 --korra's uncle sucks and vatu is very generic but the whole avatar mythos is very intersting and overall a fun season.......S3 is peak and S4 is enjoyable better than S1.......

B

Ballel

@solis @Rottkins
Which fraction within the Avatar world would you join?
- Republic City Council
- White Lotus
- Red Lotus
- Northern or Southern Water tribe
- Fire Nation
- Air nomads
- Metal Clan
- Earth Kingdom

or would you create a new fraction?
What do we have threads for :pepehands:
No one will ever find the waiting room discussions again

G

Gorosei Informer

Oh so there is a thread for Avatar? I just started watching it lately but only 2 episodes so far. I'm pretty impressed though, seems like a pretty nice series and I enjoyed the water bending as well as Aangs amazing use of his wind bending too. I've seen clips and such of it over the years but never watched it before for some reason, despite it being my exact kind of series.

Oh so there is a thread for Avatar? I just started watching it lately but only 2 episodes so far. I'm pretty impressed though, seems like a pretty nice series and I enjoyed the water bending as well as Aangs amazing use of his wind bending too. I've seen clips and such of it over the years but never watched it before for some reason, despite it being my exact kind of series.
It only goes uphill from there, keep watching :catblush:

B

Ballel

ooooooh gooooood you never watched Avatar?

It's about time!

G

Gorosei Informer

It only goes uphill from there, keep watching :catblush:
Glad to hear! It looks like a very promising series tbh, I was very impressed by how it's started so far and it's got a really nice vibe and charm to it.
I think I said it on here elsewhere recently, that it kinda feels like if the game Jade Empire got its own animated series and was made more kid friendly and I love that.

ooooooh gooooood you never watched Avatar?

It's about time!
Aye, better late than never!

Rottkins

✯ ✧ 𝔾 𝕠 𝕕 𝕠 𝕗 𝕃 𝕚 𝕖 𝕤 ✧ ✯
So much went wrong in Korra.
They didn't ruin the avatar universe but if Legend of Aang is a 10 then LoK is a 0.5
True, like- The world is quite interesting, I like how they went into more of a steampunk, but it at the same give much different story with similar core elements like benders and avatar. It is just not on the same level of writing as the first one. I heard that comic is much better cuz they explained some scenes much better and you don't have wtf moments when it comes to the logic of the situation but I didn't read it yet cuz I would more like read a paper copy than online.

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
So much went wrong in Korra.
They didn't ruin the avatar universe but if Legend of Aang is a 10 then LoK is a 0.5
My biggest problem with LoK is the initial cast.
Mako and Bolin are ok. They are not bad. But the way they forcibly resemble Zuko and Sokka kiiiiiiiiiiinda makes me not like them as original characters, but just scuffed copies.
Korra and Asami are great, though. The rest of the cast is pretty fucking great as well, except the bald kid from Tenzin. He is fucking annoying.

B

Ballel

My biggest problem with LoK is the initial cast.
Mako and Bolin are ok. They are not bad. But the way they forcibly resemble Zuko and Sokka kiiiiiiiiiiinda makes me not like them as original characters, but just scuffed copies.
Korra and Asami are great, though. The rest of the cast is pretty fucking great as well, except the bald kid from Tenzin. He is fucking annoying.
Yeah they tried to expand on a Sokka & Zuko bromance.

Season one was almost purely written by the two co creators and it shows.
They didn't have their head writer from Last Airbender. It's actually him who deserves the credit for that iconic "Avatar vibe", the original feel of the world and the atmosphere.

G

Gorosei Informer

Just finished epsiode 5 and absolutely loved it! Such a fantastic, adventurous, quirky, funny, creative, unique etc episode! Boomer I mean Bumi is one of my favourite characters of all time now too!

The designs of the air and earth temples are fantastic, extremely excited for the water one and even fire. This is exactly what I was hoping from the show and then some!

Bumi's challenges were fantastic, really think outside of the box stuff and all those twists in the episode, Bumi's complete eccentricity and actual motives were such a great surprise and entertainment. I loved the showcase of earth bending, I've seen glimpses of the elemental bending powers in Avatar including Bumi much later on I believe and its exactly also what I love, my kind of thing through and through!

Zuko's duel with Zhao in a previous episode was great too and I really enjoyed the episode focusing on Kyoshi and the female warriors. I felt the writing was a little odd by the end of the episode but I loved the female warriors designs and their storyline and Sokka training with them and learning humility/respect to them and embracing his feminine side hahahaha!

I really regret not checking this show out many years ago and ignoring it for some obtuse, obscene reason but better late than never!

I'm seeing a lot of hate for Legend of Korra and have done before too, so I'll have to go into that with quite a cautious mind I guess when the time comes. I have the official game of it too but never played it for some reason too, I love water powers and water but I kept ignoring Avatar/Korra for some bizarre reason I can't explain lol.

I've heard Season 3's first half of Avatar is apparently quite fillery and people didn't like it but I'll try to have an open mind for that too.

Season one was almost purely written by the two co creators and it shows.
This explains a lot on why the 1st season is good too then. I saw some complaints it starts off too slow but so far I'm really enjoying it despite how lax it is and there's still important stuff going on, especially with the Fire Nation hunting them.

As someone who deeply loves the game Jade Empire too, this show really feels like Jade Empire as a tv series and I love it for that too.

I'm trying to avoid binging the series recklessly but the temptation is real, especially now I'm so captivated/interested already!

The door for the air temple, the horns and musical chimes aspect was really cool too btw!

Last edited by a moderator: