Character Discussion Between Sasaki and Black Maria who do you think was more impressive?

Who was more impressive?

• Total voters

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
People should really, REALLY re-read Robin vs Black Maria chapters.
Black Maria was awesome to see in battle.
Illusions, proficient with hand to hand and the staff weapon, flames and webs to control the battlefield, etc.
A really fucking awesome arsenal.

I like Sasaki. His animal form is my favorite among the beast pirates. His helicopter thing legit made me laugh a lot and was lot of fun reading him fighting Franky.
But Sasaki is pretty fucking limited. It's CHARGE CHARGE CHARGE. He charges while in animal form. He charges while in hybrid with the spinning shit.

And considering people were hooked on the "Whoswho and Sasaki are close to the Calamities" and "black maria probably is the weakest", seeing Black Maria with a bounty slightly higher than Sasaki was a treat.
Despite the fact that Oda refuses to give Robin fights, Robin has always been pretty fucking OP. Putting Franky a tier above her is just plain disrespectful. It's a false perspective due to the fact that Franky has way more fights than Robin.

Her illusions meant nothing and required fodder suport, her hand to hand was basic punching an easy giant target being Robin's clone and then the real body for 2 panels? The flames and webs were not that impressive when Robin was getting hit but still got to quickly fight back before using Demonio Fleur to demolish her in one attack.
Her poison is the only thing that really mattered and that was by hitting the huge target coming right at her.
The one time Robin fought back direclty, it was over.

Sasaki never looked anywhere close to commanders to me so dunno about this perspective.

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
Her illusions meant nothing and required fodder suport, her hand to hand was basic punching an easy giant target being Robin's clone and then the real body for 2 panels? The flames and webs were not that impressive when Robin was getting hit but still got to quickly fight back before using Demonio Fleur to demolish her in one attack.
Her poison is the only thing that really mattered and that was by hitting the huge target coming right at her.
The one time Robin fought back direclty, it was over.

Sasaki never looked anywhere close to commanders to me so dunno about this perspective.
The enlightened.
The chosen one.
The second Oda.
The one who sees it all.
The legend.
The snowflake who knew everything before even Oda himself.
The Alpha and the Omegalol

People should really, REALLY re-read Robin vs Black Maria chapters.
Black Maria was awesome to see in battle.
Illusions, proficient with hand to hand and the staff weapon, flames and webs to control the battlefield, etc.
A really fucking awesome arsenal.

I like Sasaki. His animal form is my favorite among the beast pirates. His helicopter thing legit made me laugh a lot and was lot of fun reading him fighting Franky.
But Sasaki is pretty fucking limited. It's CHARGE CHARGE CHARGE. He charges while in animal form. He charges while in hybrid with the spinning shit.

And considering people were hooked on the "Whoswho and Sasaki are close to the Calamities" and "black maria probably is the weakest", seeing Black Maria with a bounty slightly higher than Sasaki was a treat.
Despite the fact that Oda refuses to give Robin fights, Robin has always been pretty fucking OP. Putting Franky a tier above her is just plain disrespectful. It's a false perspective due to the fact that Franky has way more fights than Robin.
Even though I think Sasaki is stronger than Black Maria, however I do think that Black Maria was more impressive than Sasaki in terms of how they fought.

The enlightened.
The chosen one.
The second Oda.
The one who sees it all.
The legend.
The snowflake who knew everything before even Oda himself.
The Alpha and the Omegalol
So talking about the stuff that really happened in the fight equals to all that? That's some really interesting butthurt.

Black Maria had a lot more powers and versatility but tbh none of them seemed useful. They came off as cheap tricks besides her webbing. Whereas Sasaki was fakrly
Linear, but he could rip Shogun Franky apart. That type of raw power is much more appealing to me.
The problem I have with Sasaki in terms of how he fought was that all he did was charge based attacks.

Black Maria may not be as physically strong like Sasaki and her devil fruit imo is lame, but at least she has her own unique fighting style to make up with what she lacks.

I still place Sasaki above Black Maria though.

Neither. They're both some ass.

But if I HAD to pick then Sasaki.

Only reason is because he went down in like 3 on screen hits where as Black Maria was literally one shot.

I genuinely believe Black Maria is the weakest of the flying 6 despite her bounty.

I genuinely believe Usopp and Nami could 2v1 Black Maria and be fine. Even if Oda gave Usopp the same role as being the main one to take majority of the hits.

Then again BM needed 3 fodder members with her to make use of her illusions.

Regardless Who's Who, Sasaki and Black Maria are disappointments in my eyes.