General & Others Bounty Discussion and Speculation

Rate the Wano Bounties

• Total voters

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
Could you please bring an actual argument or address anything I say? Just writing 'Nah, he isn't' without any semblance of evidence is tedious.

Mihawk has never been portrayed above an emperor. If anything, his always been portrayed as distinctly below it.
Mihawk doesn't measure up to an emperor in the least, and has never been portrayed as being able to do so.
Mihawk the WSS. One Yonko a swordsman. WSS>other swordsman. How is that not portrayal above an emperor.
Mihawk is the man hailed and introduced as the WSS on multiple occasions over and over again

Moreover, he is appointed as the goal of one of the main characters.

Mihawk is a man canonically superior to an Admiral
a man who awaits a day someone will emerge to surpass Shanks, a Yonko, in order to present a challenge to him
a man who is hailed as the rival of a Yonko Shanks, and even superior judging by his title

Someone whose duels WB considers legendary

Whitebeard explicitly said that he considers Shanks and Mihawk's duels to be legendary, in a conversation where he brought up legends of the previous generation like Garp, Roger and Sengoku.

He says 伝説に語りつぐものは少ない、お前と鷹の目との決闘の日々も俺の耳にまだ新しい - Very few people become legends, but the days you and Hawk-Eyes duelled are still fresh in my ears.
伝説に語りつぐ - being passed down as legend
決闘 - duels
日々 - days
耳にまだ新しい - still new to my ears

Earlier in the conversation, Whitebeard lamented that very few people remember the old era, bringing up Garp and Sengoku as examples. This carries more meaning now that we know that Whitebeard saw both the Rocks and Roger's era and was extremely familiar with other top tiers such as Kaido, Shiki and Xebec. For Whitebeard to say that he still remembers Shanks and Mihawk's duels from 10 years ago is an incredible compliment to both Shanks and Mihawk's abilities.
WB hasn't heard Shanks' name in years implying that Shanks didn't fight any remarkable foe after Mihawk: not Kaido, not Linlin and of course not Whitebeard.
someone who immediately pops up in Shanks' mind when being asked about his scars

someone who has stated that he as the strongest will await at the top no matter how long it takes Zoro to reach it, years if need be

Mihawk is
"Strongest Swordsman in the World"
Sekai Saikyō no Kenshi - 世界最強の剣士

So kenshi encompasses those who fight/use a sword. And as a kenshi/swordsman they are weaker than the Sekai Saikyō no Kenshi/Strongest Swordsman in the World.
Moreover, Vergo goes to attack the people on PH. He says 'weird, I don't see my sword' to which Monet replies ' You are not a swordsman'. Which further points to the above. You fight with/use a sword, you are considered a swordsman.
Oda went out of his way to call Cabaji a swordsman, to call Law a swordsman, to call Fujitora a swordsman.
Oda went out of his way to state that Mihawk is the strongest swordsman in name and actuality in different sources

Shonen tropes indicate that Mihawk, until he is surpassed by Zoro, will be the strongest swordsman of all time, and Zoro upon surpassing him will become the strongest swordsman of all time as well. Whatever feat swordsmen perform Mihawk can reciprocate at a higher level. Any and all hype a singular or all swordsmen receive in the One Piece manga is hype for Mihawk, who stands atop them all.

How one can look at all of that and say ha Shanks>>Mihawk is beyond me.

Mihawk got stopped by Crocodile
Mihawk blocked Crocodile's sneak attack. Please don't cite the anime here.

Already debunked above.

Big Mum annihilated Queen
How did Linlin annihilate Queen, when Queen got up and cracked her head?

Unless you have some concrete things to say, instead of hurr durr YC3 please don't waste my time any longer.

Could you please bring an actual argument or address anything I say? Just writing 'Nah, he isn't' without any semblance of evidence is tedious.

Mihawk the WSS. One Yonko a swordsman. WSS>other swordsman. How is that not portrayal above an emperor.
Mihawk is the man hailed and introduced as the WSS on multiple occasions over and over again

a man who awaits a day someone will emerge to surpass Shanks, a Yonko, in order to present a challenge to him
a man who is hailed as the rival of a Yonko Shanks, and even superior judging by his title

WB hasn't heard Shanks' name in years implying that Shanks didn't fight any remarkable foe after Mihawk: not Kaido, not Linlin and of course not Whitebeard.
someone who immediately pops up in Shanks' mind when being asked about his scars

someone who has stated that he as the strongest will await at the top no matter how long it takes Zoro to reach it, years if need be

Mihawk is

So kenshi encompasses those who fight/use a sword. And as a kenshi/swordsman they are weaker than the Sekai Saikyō no Kenshi/Strongest Swordsman in the World.
Moreover, Vergo goes to attack the people on PH. He says 'weird, I don't see my sword' to which Monet replies ' You are not a swordsman'. Which further points to the above. You fight with/use a sword, you are considered a swordsman.
Oda went out of his way to call Cabaji a swordsman, to call Law a swordsman, to call Fujitora a swordsman.
Oda went out of his way to state that Mihawk is the strongest swordsman in name and actuality in different sources

Shonen tropes indicate that Mihawk, until he is surpassed by Zoro, will be the strongest swordsman of all time, and Zoro upon surpassing him will become the strongest swordsman of all time as well. Whatever feat swordsmen perform Mihawk can reciprocate at a higher level. Any and all hype a singular or all swordsmen receive in the One Piece manga is hype for Mihawk, who stands atop them all.

Already debunked above.

Unless you have some concrete things to say, instead of hurr durr YC3 please don't waste my time any longer.
only folks who have deeply looked into it can pull this out
a lot of those talking poins jazz mentions are very surface level. oda doesnt portray characters of the same strength equally
its the same reason you have the disparity between the portrayal of kaido bm yet they are equal in stregnth
or how akainu looked a lot stronger than the other two yet had a 10 day fight with aokiji.

Mihawk is

Already debunked above.

How did you debunk the Vista example? He duelled with Vista for a full chapter with neither getting the upper hand.

I'm not saying Mihawk isn't monstrously strong, I'm saying its ridiculous to think that his more of a threat than Blackbeard and his crew by himself.

Mihawk would certainly not be able to win something like the Payback war for example.

Hence my point about his bounty not being as high as Blackbeards.

Your entire point is.

"Ah yes, Mihawk would be able to take out all the remaining division commanders, all the remnant commanders, and their crews, by himself."

What were they doing for that entire chapter? There was a panel of them clashing swords before the fight ended.
your previous comment
"Mihawk had a full on duel with Vista that occurred over the course of a chapter"
a couple panels for most of which mihawk looked away they clash blades one more time and mihawk told them to suspend it. you would have to assume the amount of time that had passed between then but none of it shows it was very long. vista bought luffy enough time to get away. that was all.

your previous comment
"Mihawk had a full on duel with Vista that occurred over the course of a chapter"
a couple panels for most of which mihawk looked away they clash blades one more time and mihawk told them to suspend it. you would have to assume the amount of time that had passed between then but none of it shows it was very long. vista bought luffy enough time to get away. that was all.
How does that discount the fact that Vista was still more than capable of holding his own without much difficulty?

If Mihawk is as monstrous as people like to claim, there would be no need for him to suspend their duel because Vista would have already lost after that first strike.

perospero has a 700 mil bounty
guess this is based on longettivity
king prob has closer to 1.5
mihawk was prominent since roger's death
if that taken to account
then yes his threat level would be close to bb's given the fact the wg underplay bb's current threat level. keep in mind most of it is for defeating marco a firstmate and some of his goons not another yonko. wont be suprised if marco himself is worth close to 2 bil.

perospero has a 700 mil bounty
guess this is based on longettivity
king prob has closer to 1.5
mihawk was prominent since roger's death
if that taken to account
then yes his threat level would be close to bb's given the fact the wg underplay bb's current threat level. keep in mind most of it is for defeating marco a firstmate and some of his goons not another yonko. wont be suprised if marco himself is worth close to 2 bil.
Why would it be close to BB's?

Mihawk is just one strong guy. He doesn't have any territory or pertinent connections or anything like that. His more than worthy of a bounty over 1 billion, but even considering that, the WG isn't underestimating BB.

BB killed Whitebeard, is the only person to ever possess two devil fruits, and crushed one of the most powerful pirate crew on the see. Marco and the remnants of the WB pirates weren't considered "some goons", they were a monstrous force of dozens of high bounty captains that BB wiped out.

Marco is close to, or approximately 2 billion, which was probably upped due to him commanding the remnant Whitebeard forces.

How does that discount the fact that Vista was still more than capable of holding his own without much difficulty?

If Mihawk is as monstrous as people like to claim, there would be no need for him to suspend their duel because Vista would have already lost after that first strike.
explained in the first time he arrives

or simply had no interest in putting that much effort in a war he was barely interested in because it is going to take effort to put down a vista level character.
mind you the same mihawk avoided a fight with don kreig. doesnt mean he isnt worlds apart.

zoro clashed with fujitora "over a chap" - well actually they had one panel and the next time we see him he's unschathed but it seems that fits into your definition. or aokiji having a full on duel with jozu over 3 chaps only gaining the upper hand through a distraction right?
lmao

Why would it be close to BB's?

Mihawk is just one strong guy. He doesn't have any territory or pertinent connections or anything like that. His more than worthy of a bounty over 1 billion, but even considering that, the WG isn't underestimating BB.

BB killed Whitebeard, is the only person to ever possess two devil fruits, and crushed one of the most powerful pirate crew on the see. Marco and the remnants of the WB pirates weren't considered "some goons", they were a monstrous force of dozens of high bounty captains that BB wiped out.

Marco is close to, or approximately 2 billion, which was probably upped due to him commanding the remnant Whitebeard forces.
I explained as much in my post
higher bounties due to longevity
the prevalence of commanders like king, marco, ben beckman , roo yasopp having bounties close to bb without commanding anything as you say.
mihawk being famous for a very long time
rival of a yonko
and world strongest swordsman
yeah I think he's stronger than any commander and if those bounties are close to bb's then mihawk is surely close to it as well or higher.

I explained as much in my post
higher bounties due to longevity
the prevalence of commanders like king, marco, ben beckman , roo yasopp having bounties close to bb without commanding anything as you say.
mihawk being famous for a very long time
rival of a yonko
and world strongest swordsman
yeah I think he's stronger than any commander and if those bounties are close to bb's then mihawk is surely close to it as well or higher.
I'm saying Marco's bounty will be close to BB's because he did in fact command something, namely the remnants of the WB pirates after he died.

I would expect Katakuri to also get a bump if he was to take over the Big Mum pirates.

How did you debunk the Vista example? He duelled with Vista for a full chapter with neither getting the upper hand.

I'm not saying Mihawk isn't monstrously strong, I'm saying its ridiculous to think that his more of a threat than Blackbeard and his crew by himself.

Mihawk would certainly not be able to win something like the Payback war for example.

Hence my point about his bounty not being as high as Blackbeards.

Your entire point is.

"Ah yes, Mihawk would be able to take out all the remaining division commanders, all the remnant commanders, and their crews, by himself."
if ben beckman had a 2 bil bounty
which is awfully close to bb's does that mean he can take out all those by himself. Think you are not reading my point at all.

I'm saying Marco's bounty will be close to BB's because he did in fact command something, namely the remnants of the WB pirates after he died.
you would have to assume he got a bounty raise after the war.
you would have to hope he is the commander with the highest bounty but thats with a clear doubt as red hair pirates are implied to have that in their stead. with high bounties esp with their top three who are remarkably strong individuals who command nothing.

you would have to assume he got a bounty raise after the war.
you would have to hope he is the commander with the highest bounty but thats with a clear doubt as red hair pirates are implied to have that in their stead. with high bounties esp with their top three who are remarkably strong individuals who command nothing.
Yeah, after the war, Marco was seen as a potential power house, so I wouldn't be surprised if his bounty shot up to 2 billion or something close to that.

I wouldn't be so sure about the bounties of Shank's commanders. They'd probably be extremely high. Perhaps even higher than Luffy's bounty currently, but they could also be a bit lower.

Yeah, after the war, Marco was seen as a potential power house, so I wouldn't be surprised if his bounty shot up to 2 billion or something close to that.

I wouldn't be so sure about the bounties of Shank's commanders. They'd probably be extremely high. Perhaps even higher than Luffy's bounty currently, but they could also be a bit lower.
I doubt they are lower given king's bounty is possibly higher
and kaido's crew wasnt mentioned as having high bounties around meaning red hair commanders have even higher .
again you have to make the assumption marco had a rise in bounty.
I dont see it and even if he did, I still dont think he's the commander with the highest bounty .

I doubt they are lower given king's bounty is possibly higher
and kaido's crew wasnt mentioned as having high bounties around meaning red hair commanders have even higher .
If all their bounties are around about as large, or larger than King's that would be monstrous.

Think of it this way. If Shank's crew consistently has bounties as high as the highest bounty member for the beast pirates, that sort of evens out.