Character Discussion Calling Yamato a she

Hmmm. I think he does have a random liking for Momo.

But still it's somehow difficult to believe that a pirate has only one child out of nowhere, and couldn't have made more children if he was unhappy with Yamato being a girl.

I'd like to imagine he does it out of respect towards her. But we'll have to see her backstory first, maybe she's not even biologically his, who knows.
Maybe the wife is dead in childbirth and maybe Kaido loved only that woman... who knows... Kaido can be a sweet gentle guy with a romantic past for all we know haha

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
I'm not entirely sure about this. Yamato clearly defies him at every corner, yet he still speaks of her in high regard (asks about her presence etc.).

If he didn't care, he wouldn't want to keep Yamato on the island either, not in a non-imprisoned manner anyways.

I am tinfoiling that Kaido likes her stubborn nature to do what she wants.
I think that concern and worry is a front...it allows Kaido to pretend like he DOES have a son even if gendering her “correctly” is only a way to justify his designs for her. He probably cares about her in the way all parents do for their kids, but going along with her preferences serves the dual purpose of making him look woke AND still maintain autonomy over his child.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭

Importance of pronouns

And yet her introduction box marked her as Kaido's daughter.

Oda does not intend for Yamato to be a trans character. Her official introduction describes her as Kaido's daughter, and she told Luffy that she calls herself a man because Kozuki Oden was a man.

This isn't someone that identifies as male. She identifies only with her idol Oden, but doesn't otherwise identify with the male gender.

Furthermore, even her identity as Oden is only partial; she introduced herself to Momonosuke as Yamato:

This was the highlight of the chapter and was such an important character moment for Yamato, that it's literally the title:

In her self identity as "Yamato", she's not a man. She never really thinks of herself as a man, only sometimes as Oden.

If ever Yamato was male by virtue of her Oden identity, she's already evolved out of identifying solely as Oden.

An actual example of a trans character is Kiku.

I think this is a troll post, but here's my two cents.

@Red Admiral, @Natalija.

I call biological females as [she] and biological males as [he] and here's my massage to those who have problems with that:

f*ck off!!!

:beckmoji:
Chill out Bennie Beckmann Lol
Your Estrogen level is rising
you’re getting more emotional
Post automatically merged:

You must be a reddit user
Why? What are reddit users famous for?
Post automatically merged:

yamato is a girl
Zoro too

Yamato labeling themselves as a he because of Oden makes me think it's rightful to consider them as a he as well, but also as a she in that they don't feel themselves as he all the time. They is a good generalization, in specific situations it's best to call them she or he in my opinion nonetheless.

Yamato labeling themselves as a he because of Oden makes me think it's rightful to consider them as a he as well, but also as a she in that they don't feel themselves as he all the time. They is a good generalization, in specific situations it's best to call them she or he in my opinion nonetheless.
Turkish language is made by smart people!
They use the same pronouns for males and females Lol
I envy them

I dont care much but reading her character oden is just motivation to her sad life, she even said to luffy he can be oden.

I dont think she think herself as he and crossdressing is pretty famous in Kabuki acts and many japanese actor crossdress themselves as female .

Given the nature of her character and the art of Kabuki themed arc oda is employing Yamato is woman.

We can free to agree to disagree I dont care much.

I dont care much but reading her character oden is just motivation to her sad life, she even said to luffy he can be oden.

I dont think she think herself as he and crossdressing is pretty famous in Kabuki acts and many japanese actor crossdress themselves as female .

Given the nature of her character and the art of Kabuki themed arc oda is employing Yamato is woman.

We can free to agree to disagree I dont care much.
How dare you!?
Do you know what you’re saying
Society is bad because of people like you

... nah, I’m just messing with you :zosleepy:I don’t care either Lol

How dare you!?
Do you know what you’re saying
Society is bad because of people like you

... nah, I’m just messing with you :zosleepy:I don’t care either Lol
Thanks , honestly dont care about pronoun since its ambigious in many ways oda left this upto reader.

You can call she/he/they its readers interpretation. Infact luffy used Yamao and she rejected luffy not to use that name. I just read carefully and given kaido 's desire for son has to do with yamato's past I choose she for now.

If i am wrong do point it out. I certainly live in polarized world where you are step away from being called out as homophobe.

Thanks , honestly dont care about pronoun since its ambigious in many ways oda left this upto reader.

You can call she/he/they its readers interpretation. Infact luffy used Yamao and she rejected luffy not to use that name. I just read carefully and given kaido 's desire for son has to do with yamato's past I choose she for now.

If i am wrong do point it out. I certainly live in polarized world where you are step away from being called out as homophobe.
Oh I live in a society where LGBT are being scorned and shamed
So... maybe that’s why our priorities are different and more important than freakin’ English pronouns Lol which isn’t even my native language hhhh

Oh I live in a society where LGBT are being scorned and shamed
So... maybe that’s why our priorities are different and more important than freakin’ English pronouns Lol which isn’t even my native language hhhh
Well I stay in stay in most liberal state , people avoid using pronouns in general .

People here dont care much because politics in america is right now in mess. We dont say much however people here dont talk about private matter in work or school.

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
For now, I think Yamato's case is different from Kiku's.
But if Yamato confronts Kaido, and Kaido refers to Yamato as a "he" or "son" again, I'll think more carefully about what pronoun to use.
At this point, saying Yamato is a "she" seems more appropriate. Oda can always make some author's note on the side of a page and make it clear.