Character Discussion Can Oda write Zoro becoming WSS without winning the fight?

Skill,strength,and haki are individually integral factors in swordsmanship

So being WSS is not only about Skill that woukd be dumb
So is there any way to become WSS without being able to defeat every swordsman in the world?

like is there a swordsman committee that can just decide Zoro is WSS? Is there like a big wall that only the WSS can cut and somehow Mihawk cannot cut it but Zoro can cut it?

Why doesn't Mihawk challenge other strong swordsman?
@Master OF Haki Did you read somewhere that Mihawk did not?
Post automatically merged:

I have 2 replies to your post this one was just a logical banter to answer yout titled question
@BleakAsh Your ramble about Mihawk doesn’t matter to me… I want to talk about Zoro

Btw, for the sake of this thread, im entirely fine with the possibility of like Shiryu killing Mihawk and then Zoro fights Shiryu

it doesn’t matter who it is… all I want to discuss is whether or not Zoro can become WSS without being LITERALLY able to defeat every single swordsman on the planet in 1v1 combat?

So is there any way to become WSS without being able to defeat every swordsman in the world?

like is there a swordsman committee that can just decide Zoro is WSS? Is there like a big wall that only the WSS can cut and somehow Mihawk cannot cut it but Zoro can cut it?
Thats definitely not how it works but you were alluding to some fans and their logical fallacy claiming that skill solely determines it due to their bias for Shanks when faced with what the incentive to this thread is, which is Shanks > Mihawk coz skill superiority was stated but i pertained the instance for shaks in that comment too
Shanks with inferior skill was stale mating Mihawk in their legendary battles and left them unsettled.

Last edited:

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
@Master OF Haki Did you read somewhere that Mihawk did not?

@BleakAsh Your ramble about Mihawk doesn’t matter to me… I want to talk about Zoro

Btw, for the sake of this thread, im entirely fine with the possibility of like Shiryu killing Mihawk and then Zoro fights Shiryu

it doesn’t matter who it is… all I want to discuss is whether or not Zoro can become WSS without being LITERALLY able to defeat every single swordsman on the planet in 1v1 combat?

Challenged more and more powerful foes until there was no one left

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
As i said before, splitting skies with WB clears anything zoro has done, if you have scarring kaido above that then fine, good for you but.
But equalling a clash with WSM is above any mihawk/zoro feat
Zoro already clashed equally with Kaido and proceeded to scar him.
Shanks clashed with Kaido and didnt leave a scar.
Leaving a scar on Kaido is clearly the best offensive feat in the world.
Empty hype like sky split isnt a feat.

According to the viver card, he waits for someone stronger than shanks which puts more substance to their stalemate, but tbh alot of Shanks's current abilities, skills with his sword and strength are left in the dark. Even in an SBS oda "wonders" how Shanks has adapted to his handicap..

What we do know is that Kaido didn't want no smoke with him, his haki is some of the best we have seen to this day and he has likely trained his sole arm to be able to make it in the ranks of people who likely would have whooped kaido.

So there us a alot to look forward to with regards to both of these rivals.
SBS
:seriously:

Why would the strongest challenge others?
But how do you know he is the strongest when he never defeated anyone.

@Master OF Haki
Who told you Mihawk didn’t defeat anyone? Find the panel of that
It would be much easier to list them: all the panels with him. Now come back when Oda shows or tells us that Mihawk defeated Shanks.

Did you read somewhere that Mihawk did not?
Yeah, it's cold one piece.

You are confusing Shanks with Gon

I can post several panels where Pica and Alber using their swords then fighting without them later, even a fodder like Pica tried to fight with his fodder CoA Haki after dropping his sword.

Now post the panel where Shanks sitting in the bar without carrying his sword.

Zolo or Mihawk wouldn't sit in an outside bar or in any outside territory without carrying their swords.

We've seen Mihawk without his sword only in his own castle, not in outside bar. In the last Shichibukai meeting before marineford Mihawk was also carrying his sword while sitting on the table with other Shichibukai.

I can post several panels where Pica and Alber using their swords then fighting without them later, even a fodder like Pica tried to fight with his fodder CoA Haki after dropping his sword.

Zolo or Mihawk wouldn't sit in an outside bar or in any outside territory without carrying their swords.

We've seen Mihawk without his sword only in his own castle, not in outside bar. In the last Shichibukai meeting before marineford Mihawk was also carrying his sword while sitting on the table with other Shichibukai.
We saw what happened when he didnt had his sword
Lord of the coast negged his arm

Yeah, it's cold one piece.
what’s cold one piece?

Absolutely not. Mihawk and Zoro will fight with their Swords for awhile, and whoever wins that exchange won't really matter.

The true battle for the WSS title comes after the swordfight, where they arm wrestle to see whose the actual strongest.
@Celestial D. Dragon where does the skill come in though. I want to know when Skill decided WSS and not winning the fight

@Erkan12 this is supposed to prove Shanks isn’t a swordsman? Like if the series ends and every single fight Shanks is involved in has him fighting with his sword, you’re going to say him sitting at a bar without his sword matters?

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
In Hajime no Ippo, Ippo loses his title match against Date Eiji.

Since Date retires before Ippo can go for a rematch, Ippo gets the title by beating Sendo (who he had already defeated previously) and no ones cries about "hurr durr but he lost to Date".

So, yeah, he can become WSS without fighting Mihawk.

Will he do it? No.
:kaidowhat:

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
In Hajime no Ippo, Ippo loses his title match against Date Eiji.

Since Date retires before Ippo can go for a rematch, Ippo gets the title by beating Sendo (who he had already defeated previously) and no ones cries about "hurr durr but he lost to Date".

So, yeah, he can become WSS without fighting Mihawk.

Will he do it? No.
:kaidowhat:
Lmfao what a shit fucking comment.