General & Others Cases of lazy writing ?

Oh yeah.
Giving up on designing more unique female characters, making all of them disproportionate abominations, abusing multiple shounen cliches, back to the same old formula of Luffy using some new ability and beating the new baddie, characters remained the exactly same, with no growth except "power", retcons, asspulls, oh yeah, all great content buddy.

One Piece is more than 20 years old. And it had ZERO maturing. In fact, it kinda got even more childish, with boring cliche shounen trash tier comedy. Rare are the moments when I laugh going through the story. Which happens even to this day when I read the older arcs.
Only arc that actually got my genuine interest was WCI, because it was not a story about going there, saving the day by beating the baddie. It was a rescue and escape mission.

But yeah, oh great enlightened one, please, do tell me about my oh so "lack of comprehension". Please, analyze how One Piece is actually a story perfectly well written and all those who criticize it are clouded by their own delusions.

Again, more than 20 years old, still delivering a story to an audience younger than the story itself. Please, do tell me how I am supposed to feel the same way I did 14 years ago, when I started following One Piece.

I may have an emotional connection to this story, buddy, which is why I will see it through, but do not think for a moment you have any sense to actually judge my "lack of comprehension". If you think it's all sunshine and rainbows, do me a favor and ignore my comments then. Keep enjoying your "power ups", and "forced parallels".
Good post

Whitebeard and Roger not knowing that Kaido is in Wano during the Oden's flashback.:kayneshrug:
Oh yeah.
Giving up on designing more unique female characters, making all of them disproportionate abominations, abusing multiple shounen cliches, back to the same old formula of Luffy using some new ability and beating the new baddie, characters remained the exactly same, with no growth except "power", retcons, asspulls, oh yeah, all great content buddy.

One Piece is more than 20 years old. And it had ZERO maturing. In fact, it kinda got even more childish, with boring cliche shounen trash tier comedy. Rare are the moments when I laugh going through the story. Which happens even to this day when I read the older arcs.
Only arc that actually got my genuine interest was WCI, because it was not a story about going there, saving the day by beating the baddie. It was a rescue and escape mission.

But yeah, oh great enlightened one, please, do tell me about my oh so "lack of comprehension". Please, analyze how One Piece is actually a story perfectly well written and all those who criticize it are clouded by their own delusions.

Again, more than 20 years old, still delivering a story to an audience younger than the story itself. Please, do tell me how I am supposed to feel the same way I did 14 years ago, when I started following One Piece.

I may have an emotional connection to this story, buddy, which is why I will see it through, but do not think for a moment you have any sense to actually judge my "lack of comprehension". If you think it's all sunshine and rainbows, do me a favor and ignore my comments then. Keep enjoying your "power ups", and "forced parallels".
Best post in this thread yet.:kata:

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
Imagine thinking a character cant evolve during a manga.
You may not like MHA, but if there are some good things about it, they would be Deku and Bakugo progressions. The progression from these 2 characters is the more noteworthy thing about MHA. And here you are, stuck with the notion that characters cant have progression and One Piece is a "battle shounen".
Truth be told, post time skip it might actually be one. That's why is lazy.
Post automatically merged:

Oda is doing an impossible job writing one piece

no writer in history of mankind published 1 story ... for 24 years .... almost every week ... with this overall quality

sure one piece is not perfect ... but oda doing the best he can
That is a MAJOR point.
Dude is constantly taking breaks so he doesnt collapse from all his work.
Going for an easier route is only natural. But doesn't make it less bad.
I understand the Oda's health factor, but he could hire more assistants, people that are trained in his drawing style. He can focus on more elaborated panels like double spreads, but leave the rest to capable people to take some of the heavy load of work from his back.
The thing is, ultimately, regardless of health conditions, the decision to keep writing and drawing One Piece is Oda's. If he makes the commitment to keep doing it, then it's him who should deliver.
The showrunners of Game of Thrones decided they wanted to have all the script writing to themselves. Once the books were over and they had to "create", they COULD have hired a team to help them, but they didn't. And the last seasons were garbage. It was their call. And it was their failure.
There are also problems with One Piece that have nothing to with Oda's health or workload.
The female designs are just his fetish. The Sanji's ultra pervert gags also have nothing to do with his health.

Last edited:

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
One Piece is meant to be Plot driven. It's meant to be about the adventure rather than the Characters.

Luffy isn't meant to be this hyper complex Character
So, a character can be either stagnate or hyper complex?
What makes an adventure enjoyable is precisely ther characters involved in it and their interactions in this journey.
Dude, back during Buggy first arc, even a fucking random Dog had a flashback. How can you say One Piece is not about the characters?
Luffy challenges the whole world to keep his friends by his side, because he WANTS them by his side during his journey.
He literally said he couldn't become PK without Sanji, something that he would have said to ANY other SH member.
There are levels of complexity to characters. You don't need them all to be multi-layered puzzles, but at least make them a little bit more relatable. And being relatable also means growing up.
The one that bothers me the most is Usopp. Before he was just a "regular kid" among these freaking powerhouses, just trying his best, and overcoming challenges in a creative way.
Now? He is just....there. Spent 2 years in Jumanji, getting buffed, developing new weapon with is pop greens, first time post timeskip he was all confident and shit, buffed, as immediately reverted back to being the EXACTLY same character he was when he was a skinny ass coward. Became a buffed ass coward.
For real?
Relate to these characters when you start reading is one thing, but again, I've been following One Piece for 14 years. There are people who have been following it since the beginning. We've been following it for longer than the target audience have been alive. We've grown. The characters didn't.
It is bound to make people dislike this route.