Chapter Discussion Chapter 1054 Is Pure Garbage

This chapter just shows that not even Oda's favorite actors based characters are safe from Oda's current writing.
I seem to remember Admiral fans praying every day for Wano to end and finally concentrate on Admirals and WG,still that excited?
In a single chapter we had a complete turn of opinion on Aramaki,such is postskip one piece and no one's safe.

I share your concerns,great thread.

Gorosei continues to pull one blunder after another. They decided to pin Cobra's death on Sabo thinking people will view him as a villain and instead Sabo is viewed as a hero since Nefertiti family founded the monster that's the WG. 8 nations declare independence from the WG and overthrow their puppet Kings.

Can't wait to see how much bounty they will give Sabo. surely it has to be more than Luffy since it's like Sabo is like at the center of the changing age right?

Luffy did that in a government base - Sabo did that in land of the GODS supreme beings with babylike personalities and egos hence it is 1000x times worse not to mention that Sabo “killed” one of the founding members of the world (by bloodline) making it even bigger
And? Sabo’s end goal is even worse to completely overthrow the Celestial Dragons, so why should that have them so distraught?
The 3 brothers originally wanted to become Pirate King which is considered far worse than what Sabo has done so far, yet Dadan & Makino weren’t crying about that and even cheering Luffy on with each higher bounty he got.

Are they going to be crying when they see Luffy’s new bounty? Or when it’s announced that Luffy has become Pirate King? The response simply does not make sense.
Post automatically merged:

Luffy didnt kill a celestial dragon. Remember what happened when Luffy PUNCHED a CD? His whole crew got évaporated and so did he. Killing is 10x worse than punching
Cobra wasn’t a Celestial Dragon either. He’s considered less than the actual gods of the world, so that excuse doesn’t really work. It’s like if someone killed King Sterry. Why would the likes of Dadan or Makino be sad about that?

And? Sabo’s end goal is even worse to completely overthrow the Celestial Dragons, so why should that have them so distraught?
The 3 brothers originally wanted to become Pirate King which is considered far worse than what Sabo has done so far, yet Dadan & Makino weren’t crying about that and even cheering Luffy on with each higher bounty he got.

Are they going to be crying when they see Luffy’s new bounty? Or when it’s announced that Luffy has become Pirate King? The response simply does not make sense.

Cobra wasn’t a Celestial Dragon either. He’s considered less than the actual gods of the world, so that excuse doesn’t really work. It’s like if someone killed King Sterry. Why would the likes of Dadan or Makino be sad about that?
Cobra IS a celestial dragon, bruh. He's just one of the few that decided to stay on the surface world. Tell me why he participated in the Reverie bruh

Cobra IS a celestial dragon, bruh. He's just one of the few that decided to stay on the surface world. Tell me why he participated in the Reverie bruh
Come on, trolling is one thing but not knowing the simple distinction between Celestials and the rest is another.

just think of how St. Charloss, his family & St. mjosgard look…..then picture Kobra and Vivi.
The Nefertaris refused to become Celestial Dragons which is why they don’t live on Mariejois in the first place.

Come on, trolling is one thing but not knowing the simple distinction between Celestials and the rest is another.

just think of how St. Charloss, his family & St. mjosgard look…..then picture Kobra and Vivi.
The Nefertaris refused to become Celestial Dragons which is why they don’t live on Mariejois in the first place.
Yet, they're still world noble and participated in the rêverie making them having extreme level of importance, dontcha think? Hurr durr

The Nefertari arent Celestial Dragons, the Celestial Dragons are the members of the 19 families that moved to Marijoa.

The Nefertari are just one of the founder families, i've been seen a lot of this headcanon that they are Celestials, but havent seen a single manga panel that say this

U dumb man, so Wapol is a celestial dragon as he also participated in the reverie, as is Neptune who is also there lol

Gorosei continues to pull one blunder after another. They decided to pin Cobra's death on Sabo thinking people will view him as a villain and instead Sabo is viewed as a hero since Nefertiti family founded the monster that's the WG. 8 nations declare independence from the WG and overthrow their puppet Kings.

Can't wait to see how much bounty they will give Sabo. surely it has to be more than Luffy since it's like Sabo is like at the center of the changing age right?
Not so much about making sabo a villain. More about no one finding out it was them who killed cobra.

Agree with the serious points except 5.

People rising up is because they feel inspired by combination of declaration of war ( i assume the world knows) plus him killing a former Tenryuubito, hence why that point is underlined.

Regarding dehyping, i dont think so, you just have to take off powerlevel goggles.
Akainu not allowing the excuse points out that he himself would not have cared about Mariejoa or whatever, unlike Aramaki and Fuji, who both eacb have different thoughts (Aramaki thinking current system is right, Fuji trying to change system from within).

All of the points you mentioned are perfectly valid.

That's why I asked in the actual chapter thread if anyone can tell me why this chapter got so much hype. If you think about it, nothing really unexpected happen and the stuff we actually got had some clear logical issues.

But OP has become like that since the timeskip. Still a nice read, but you better don't think about it too hard. A ton of stuff doesn't make sense or feels forced.

An example I've brought up a few times concerning shonen mangas: I've just completed my HxH re-read to prepare for the return of the series and the difference in storytelling if you compare Togashi and post-skip Oda is gigantic. Like you can even be the biggest OP homer alive and you would have to admit it after reading both series, it's that obvious.

And it isn't even HxH btw, there are quite a few other shonen I could've listed here, too.

Not gonna lie
I had same feeling with Shanks

Like Oda could have drawn Shanks have same conversation and dialog somewhere else

But it was like Zunisha appearance in Wano only to advertise the joyboy stuff and then dip hahaha

Same feeling... I would hope since Oda is planning on ending One Piece in 3 years... that Shanks plans of delaying his meeting with Luffy gets ruined and we actually have him show in Wano for a reason other than this scene

Not gonna lie
I had same feeling with Shanks

Like Oda could have drawn Shanks have same conversation and dialog somewhere else

But it was like Zunisha appearance in Wano only to advertise the joyboy stuff and then dip hahaha

Same feeling... I would hope since Oda is planning on ending One Piece in 3 years... that Shanks plans of delaying his meeting with Luffy gets ruined and we actually have him show in Wano for a reason other than this scene
Honestly, if Oda indeed plans to end OP in 3 years like he said, it will go down in history as the biggest letdown ever delivered (at least for a fictional story).

Heck, I can already see the showrunners of GoT celebrating, because their ending would look great in comparison.

3 years equals about 100 chapters with Oda's current output (33-35 chapters per year).

This would mean OP would end in about the same amount of chapters that the raid on Onigashima took, lol.

:myman:There will be more garbage, you arent ready for it...
Your time of enjoying Admirals is coming to an end.
The time of their spotlight where their weaknesses show up is coming.
The era of cool and strong badasses ends as soon as Rupee comes near them.
That is the fate of most antagonists in OP, Oda just cant do them justice.
Ganbare, Kinyagi-chin.
Luffy is going to low diff Akainu at this rate :goatasure:

B

Ballel

Honestly, if Oda indeed plans to end OP in 3 years like he said, it will go down in history as the biggest letdown ever delivered (at least for a fictional story).

Heck, I can already see the showrunners of GoT celebrating, because their ending would look great in comparison.

3 years equals about 100 chapters with Oda's current output (33-35 chapters per year).

This would mean OP would end in about the same amount of chapters that the raid on Onigashima took, lol.
If he finds a way to let go of the unnecessary running and fodder reactions it would be doable .
But that's a big IF

Lol some people still have hope that Big Mom to have her own arc bwahahahaha

3 years means around 100-120 chapters max.... Hell, I will give it an extra year and say 4 years... 150 chapters... For Shanks/Red Hair Pirates/ Dragon and Revs/ Blackbeard/ WG/ Marines all to take the stage and have their story resolved hahaha + Void centuries and secrets of the world

B

Ballel

Lol some people still have hope that Big Mom to have her own arc bwahahahaha

3 years means around 100-120 chapters max.... Hell, I will give it an extra year and say 4 years... 150 chapters... For Shanks/Red Hair Pirates/ Dragon and Revs/ Blackbeard/ WG/ Marines all to take the stage and have their story resolved hahaha + Void centuries and secrets of the world
RIP elbaf