Chapter Discussion Chapter 1054 Is Pure Garbage

My expectations regarding this chapter were low as always. But this time it was even lower than i expected. It is all so weirdly written or forced and some things e.g. reactions dont make any sense. It is like Oda has become more retarded now.

Last edited:
Honestly sucks tbh. With all the newspaper snippets we got, I wish Oda could justify have focused fully on thing. Maybe the Aramaki confrontation and him maybe voicing the bounties of the key wano players since he is a talkative dude.
Or focus fully on Sabo+marine reactions plus Warlord situation+ bounties.

First point: the scabbards and Yanato sensed a strong presence which makes sense since they're experts in haki, probably above FI Luffy who was able to sense Caribou's evil from miles away. They assumer it was bad and got it confirmed once they saw Aramaki is a marine. The scabbards are the only good samurais left. Makes sense to me.

Second point: I agree. The dialogue was too on the nose and heavy handed. Maybebecause Aramaki was possède off at the sight of samurais from the country trying to stand up against him but it's still cringe. Brocoli boy is cringe.

Third Point: My guess was that Bartolomeo was in the vicinity of Wano to try and reach out to Luffy and Shanks was after him and they ended up talking about Luffy because he's IN Wano and the crew wanted to see how strong he was and all that but Shanks refuser because he wants to catch Barto first and enter the One Piece run.

Fourth Point: Maybe they're scared that Sabo is going to get more and more targeted and will eventually get captured and killed just like Ace. They dont want to lose another child in the ASL. I agree though, maybe Oda will explain it. Who knows.

Fifth point: I dont understand how you cant understand that tho. Its pretty obvious. Celestial Dragons were seen as evil gods and untouchable figures. The assasination of one of them is bound to create sparks and flame the flames of revolution. Also, they burned the flag of the Celestial dragons which is a declaration of war and they did that in the holy Land. This will surely influence others to do so too because it seemed impossible before.

Sixth point: I agree, but I care more about Sabo than I care about Dragon so i dont give a flying fuck. Dragon sucks

Bonus points: Kurouma said the admirals couldnt fight at their full power in Mariejois. The revos that outnumbered them were at à full advantage because they dont care about Marie Jois, Sabo also fought Fujitora before and he was pretty impressive and he has an advantage over Greenbull vecause fire>grass lmao. Fuck them admirals.

I agreee with the Yamato bit. I did not like that part at all but where did Yamato say that Kaido is dead to her? I dont remember that

Last edited:
Luffy needed help from Nami sounds funny like Akainu needing help from Squard and the entire marine force along with the two other admirals versus WB. If that downplays Luffy, the other scenario makes Akainu look shittier.
kizaru and aokiji didnt even get injured. akainu sustained more injuries in his fight vs aokiji than marineford. also dont you dare make a shitty reply cuz i will violate you in a debate just saying.

1. Lookouts are common, someone delivered the message to the higher rankings and they decided to go deal with it themselves. Not everything needs to be shown for the reader to fully understand you are just nitpicking.

2. He’s an admiral. A super powerful man one of the strongest in the world them standing against him is hurting his ego so he’s venting like a baby.

3. We don’t know why Shanks is in Wano - something obviously shifted his line from wanting to meet Luffy to getting the One Piece hence the retraction, Oda wanted to emphasis this by literally saying he’s right there but not yet, something is coming.

4. Sabo made himself the enemy of the 250 countries aligning with the he World Government which literally places a crossfire on his forehead. What he did is literally an act of terrorism against the world hence the crying and the shock.

5. You do realize that the World Government are obviously lying, right? It’s not that Sabo is above Dragon it’s that the World Government wanted to kill Cobra and perhaps take Vivi so they pinned everything on Sabo making this massive only he really isn’t to be credited for it.. Same thing as Buggy being a Yonko but we know for certain he didn’t obtain it through sheer power just by dumb luck -
Tbh I feel these are also valid counterpoints

The problem isn’t his character, it’s how heavy handed Oda is being. It’s too over the top and cartoonish.
It's realistic lol. Plenty of people like this exist.
Post automatically merged:

Did she ?

Jozu vs Aokiji

I seem to be unable to see in which world Yamato made anything other than hype GB's Durability that he can tank Adv CoC infused attacks.

Please enlighten me.
Yamato stans talking about this chapter like it makes Yamato look good is the saddest thing lol. This man aramaki just made a conquerors haki kill shot to the dome look like a manzai comedy slap. Her strongest shit won't be able to stop him. If this fight doesn't get interrupted by Luffy soon Yamato and all these scabbards are dead. Momo can maybe survive if he has kaido level durability in dragon form but that's it

4. Sabo made himself the enemy of the 250 countries aligning with the he World Government which literally places a crossfire on his forehead. What he did is literally an act of terrorism against the world hence the crying and the shock.

5. You do realize that the World Government are obviously lying, right? It’s not that Sabo is above Dragon it’s that the World Government wanted to kill Cobra and perhaps take Vivi so they pinned everything on Sabo making this massive only he really isn’t to be credited for it.. Same thing as Buggy being a Yonko but we know for certain he didn’t obtain it through sheer power just by dumb luck -
Luffy already did that in Ennies Lobby, burning down a WG flag and declaring war on them. Yet people were rejoicing and celebrating Luffy getting a bigger bounty.
Why would it then be a problem for Sabo to do similar, and all of a sudden the reaction is opposite?

Also, the WG tried to change the story by sending a Cipher Pol agent after Morgans, but Morgans wouldn’t let them. What’s the point of that scene if they succeeded in framing Sabo anyway?

Luffy already did that in Ennies Lobby, burning down a WG flag and declaring war on them. Yet people were rejoicing and celebrating Luffy getting a bigger bounty.
Why would it then be a problem for Sabo to do similar, and all of a sudden the reaction is opposite?

Also, the WG tried to change the story by sending a Cipher Pol agent after Morgans, but Morgans wouldn’t let them. What’s the point of that scene if they succeeded in framing Sabo anyway?
It would be funny if they played chess w Morgans and like sent over a weak agent to lose on purpose and make sure Morgans would run the story and not take it out or change it, while making Morgans think he was defying them

But that's not the kind of manga this is it would complicate things for no reason

S

stealthblack

And we waited one month for this....

One piece is over, time to move on to another manga, oda doesn't care anymore and will fuck up the final saga.

I mean I think Oda is trying to get us to dislike Aramaki, that’s a characteristic of good villains.

The problem is that I think Oda is trying TOO hard. Like to the point where it’s meme-able.
I don’t actually think it’s that. Oda ever since post-TS has suffered from rushing his story and cramming 2-3 chapters’ worth into one. GB’s sudden and revealing declaration is Oda again just rushing GB’s characterization and wanting to get the point of his justice across without having several chapters expositioning it.

H

Herrera95

Scabbards have better CoO than Sanji and Momo.

Momo that has Voice of All Things and can fly just came much after Scabbards.

Shanks is really here just because of Film Red.

Akainu is all talk. Whole New World he didn't nothing but step back.

Sabo situation makes no sense with Dandan reaction.

I mean I think Oda is trying to get us to dislike Aramaki, that’s a characteristic of good villains.
Disagree.

People doesn't dislike Crocodile, Doflamingo, Katakuri.

Only Ace Fans dislike Akainu and Teach.

Luffy didnt kill a celestial dragon. Remember what happened when Luffy PUNCHED a CD? His whole crew got évaporated and so did he. Killing is 10x worse than punching

CoO was always a stupid power used conveniently in OP, like Kaido's crew not a single soul detecting a manpower of 5000 with several strong characters among them which should have been noticable by at least one of their many CoO users @AdmiralKinyagi

It is what it is with that plot power.

Right that's true, it's just that he really went from 0 to 100 in a second lol
His trashtalk was insane

Take Doflamingo or Lucci for example, they have a sleeker way to throw their hate, Aramaki is straight up yelling in their face lol

Not that I don't like it but I hope he gets more facets than just this, otherwise he would seem like a more choleric and childish version of Sakazuki...
No, he is just fully onboard the celestial dragon regime, no admiral except him did that.

Luffy did that in a government base - Sabo did that in land of the GODS supreme beings with babylike personalities and egos hence it is 1000x times worse not to mention that Sabo “killed” one of the founding members of the world (by bloodline) making it even bigger

Admiraltards worked hard in the last month to stole from Zorot4rds the post as the dumbest group in the forum.

Seriously u guys could have waited before sucking Ryokugyu soo much to he be just a mix of the worst from Akainu and Lucci lol.