Chapter Discussion Chapter 268: Inhuman Makyo Shinjuku Showdown, Part 38

Who knew piercing an unpiercable object was all it took. Something Gojo couldn't make a dent in was easy work via "binding vow" (read: "made up gibberish to dig myself out of this" - Gege Akutami)
Lol! Jjk is just like that. People just agree to a certain incident when it fits their agenda. Gojo can’t do resonance. Nobara has a very specific ability. All of this was blatantly foreshadowed way early on.
Post automatically merged:

Chapter 1? Where?
In chapter 2, page 15 Gojo said the fingers could not be “destroyed”. Where is it said the fingers cannot be affected/pierced/whatever? Affecting/piercing is different from destroying.

Last edited:
Lol! Jjk is just like that. People just agree to a certain incident when it fits their agenda. Gojo can’t do resonance. Nobara has a very specific ability. All of this was blatantly foreshadowed way early on.

Chapter 1? Where?
In chapter 2, page 15 Gojo said the fingers could not be “destroyed”. Where is it said the fingers cannot be affected/pierced/whatever? Affecting/piercing is different from destroying.
If something can be pierced ofc it can be destroyed what are you on about. An asspull binding vow had to be create dout of thin air to allow her to bypass this rule and affect the finger

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
Not in theory, where you give up something equally important. Thing is we never get to see one of them backfire so they all end up being a free power up deux ex machina
Yeah in theory

but when you introduce something like that in a story it’s extremely rare it cannot be abused or never create plot holes

I don’t think it’s a good idea in general to create such concept, way too risky

If something can be pierced ofc it can be destroyed what are you on about. An asspull binding vow had to be create dout of thin air to allow her to bypass this rule and affect the finger
Not necessarily. The fingers might heal/regenerate. Or displace, liquid-like when need be. Thus not able to be truly destroyed.

Edit: My paragraph above may be possible but not supported in-story. Chapter 267 page 9. It comes down to a binding vow of penetrating not “destroying”.

Sukuna’s primary weakness was his soul. He freaked out when Mahito touched his soul. What does resonance do? It affects souls primarily. Nobara vs Mahito was a major flag/foreshadow of what would happen vs Sukuna. Resonance affecting Sukuna’s soul is just logic.

Binding vows are asspulls. But jjk is built on them.

Last edited:

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
Not in theory, where you give up something equally important. Thing is we never get to see one of them backfire so they all end up being a free power up deux ex machina
Was Nobara's binding vow explained? Will we receive an explanation?

I can cope with the fact that Nobara isn't actually able to destroy the finger.

Was Nobara's binding vow explained? Will we receive an explanation?

I can cope with the fact that Nobara isn't actually able to destroy the finger.
Utahime:
IF YOU GIVE UP
TRYING TO DESTROY THE OBJECT FROM YOUR PLANS AND INSTEAD FOCUS ON PENETRATING THE CURSED TECHNIQUE
ITSELF, THEN IT MIGHT WORK...”

That is more explanation than other binding vows in the series.

If Nobara's resonance can do this much damage to Sukuna, then Mahito with a similar binding vow could kill Sukuna on his own.
She prevented Sukuna from opening his domain and probably loosened Sukuna’s attachment to Megumi. Megumi rejected Sukuna. Yuji did the heavy work of the separation.
A parallel:

Also: https://www.quantamagazine.org/how-the-physics-of-resonance-shapes-reality-20220126/
You’ll make anything vibrate that can.”

Last edited:

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
Utahime:
IF YOU GIVE UP
TRYING TO DESTROY THE OBJECT FROM YOUR PLANS AND INSTEAD FOCUS ON PENETRATING THE CURSED TECHNIQUE
ITSELF, THEN IT MIGHT WORK...”

That is more explanation than other binding vows in the series.
Yea but like, it would kinda be nice to know the vow itself?

This is why you just gotta shut your brain off sometimes with JJK, it's no HxH when it comes to explanations.

If Nobara's resonance can do this much damage to Sukuna, then Mahito with a similar binding vow could kill Sukuna on his own.
Likely wouldn't of done shit all. This was a very specific moment in time where Sukuna was vulnerable, his options exhausted.