China's Top-10 All Time Generals

Who stands at the top of all generals in China's history?

• Total voters
I can totally understand where @Red Admiral is coming from tbh. Gakuki's accomplishment and status in the Kingdom verse is unreal. He saved his state from getting destroyed, lead the first coalition war and successfully destroyed a super state just like Chu or Qin are one now. Imagine how crazy that sounds.

Riboku was the only individual in China that had enough cloud to start another coalition army, so the benchmark for that was obviously Gakuki which implies that both were equal in fame. Well, Gakuki succeeded while Riboku failed but we honestly don't know the quality of the generals back in the day.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Gakuki's accomplishment and status in the Kingdom verse is unreal.
I think y’all are forgetting who Riboku is.

When Riboku defeated Ouki, he literally became a household name in China. Literally everyone from every state knew his name and feared him from that point onward. Ouki even stated before he died that Riboku was a general of an unprecedented level.

For those of you who don’t know, the word “unprecedented” means never seen before. Ouki literally stated that Riboku’s strength was never seen before in China. And everyone knows who Gakuki is, I don’t understand the desire to pretend like Ouki and Renpa would be ignorant of Gakuki’s strength lol.

Literally over night, Riboku went from being unknown outside of Zhao to being universally feared by every state. Renpa even described his defeat of Ouki and Gekishin as “overwhelming”.

As much as people try to pointlessly nitpick Riboku, within the Kingdom manga, his defeat of top tier Generals is considered by the greatest minds of warfare to be an overwhelmingly powerful one. Which 6GG level commander has Gakuki defeated again?

When Riboku spoke to Shouheikun, he outright told him that Zhao would not fall to Qin even if Qin sent every single General at Riboku all at once. And quite frankly, if the Zhao King would’ve listened to him, Riboku would’ve been correct lol.

People who downplay the Riboku for the Coalition War also do not understand that Qin’s strength that war was the stuff of legend. Ei Sei’s feat at Sai may as well be the greatest feat from any King in the history of Kingdom, that shit was completely absurd, and no General would’ve fell Sai with Sei in charge under those circumstances. Shoubunkun himself said that King Sho himself (also called the God of War) wouldn’t have been able to defend Sai from Riboku but Sei did. As far as I’m concerned, Sai Sei was a level of King never before seen in China, and no other King in the manga could’ve done what Sei did there.

I don’t have a problem with anyone who puts Gakuki at #2, but there is one undisputed GOAT General of this manga and that is Riboku. But I am also biased, full disclosure, as Riboku is my #2 Kingdom character lol.

I think y’all are forgetting who Riboku is.

When Riboku defeated Ouki, he literally became a household name in China. Literally everyone from every state knew his name and feared him from that point onward. Ouki even stated before he died that Riboku was a general of an unprecedented level.

For those of you who don’t know, the word “unprecedented” means never seen before. Ouki literally stated that Riboku’s strength was never seen before in China. And everyone knows who Gakuki is, I don’t understand the desire to pretend like Ouki and Renpa would be ignorant of Gakuki’s strength lol.

Literally over night, Riboku went from being unknown outside of Zhao to being universally feared by every state. Renpa even described his defeat of Ouki and Gekishin as “overwhelming”.
l.
OK ... not about Gakuki Vs Riboku but about this 2 statement

1- Ouki BARELY knows Riboku when he said this

Riboku defeated Ouki base on hidden attack and having far more solders
I don't know why Ouki said this words ... but you can't really claim "ok , Ouki said Riboku is above every general who ever lived after knowing him for a hour"

Riboku failed to stand much higher than Ousen and they were equals ... and Ousen is not equal to Hakuki ...
Riboku can BARELY prove he is the best in a 20 years era ... let alone ENTIRE CHINA HISTORY
Riboku feats in no shape and from is truly unprecedented

so I can't respect Ouki opinion that far, he have no right to much such statement
he don't even KNOW Riboku

2- Ren Pa calling him "overwhelming" ... is a good hype ... and that's it ... a GOOD HYPE not best hype ever
but Riboku admit he can't defeat Ren Pa in a heads on fight is MUCH better hype

so NONE of this can truly be consider as an end game statement to prove Riboku is greatest alive ... let alone of all times
(up to that point)

Last edited:

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Riboku defeated Ouki base on hidden attack and having far more solders
That is part of war though lol. The best Generals are the ones who manipulate the terms of the battle to their favor right from the start.

Riboku specifically manipulated his battle with Ouki to one where he had the extreme advantage to begin with, and took advantage of the openings he himself created to overwhelmingly crush Ouki.

War isn’t just about mindlessly riding out with an army to face an opponent head on Red lol, it’s about defeating your opponent through any means possible.

Chou Sou almost killed Moubu. Chou Sou. Half this thread is now googling this guy because they forgot about him, and yet this guy used superior tactics and strategy to corner Moubu into a death trap rather than fighting him head on.

Headon warfare is overrated lol, and that’s why Riboku was able to manipulate Ouki and Gekishin to their deaths, because he understands that being a truly great General isn’t just about armies clashing head on.

I don't know why Ouki said this words ... but you can't really claim "ok , Ouki said Riboku is above every general who ever lived after knowing him for a hour"
1. That’s exactly what Ouki said
2. The reason Ouki said this is because he’s never heard of a commander using as insanely effective tactics ad Riboku. He had never heard of a commander who manipulated a battle to such a massive extent, that he was able to secure Ouki’s defeat before the battle had even started.

Riboku failed to stand much higher than Ousen and they were equals ...
You yourself just said, not 24 hours ago in the spoiler thread, that Riboku would’ve annihilated Ousen had the Zhao King listened to him. And besides, Ousen is Qin 6 level himself.

and Ousen is not equal to Hakuki ...
Riboku feats in no shape and from is truly unprecedented
Ousen by “muh stats!!!” Is virtually equal to Gaku Ki in intelligence lol. And Renpa also stated that Ousen perceived the battlefield in the exact same way that Hakuki did. Ousen also stole some of Hakuki’s tactics for himself. Ousen and Hakuki are as close to equals as it gets.

so I can't respect Ouki opinion that far, he have no right to much such statement ... and his opinion is not end game
I don’t know why you do this Red lol. You do the same shit in OP. You find the flimsiest reason to form the flimsiest opinions, and then disregard the mountains of evidence that disprove you.

And then you act like “when I’m proven wrong, I’ll admit it…” as if you weren’t already wrong before the discussion began.

2- Ren Pa calling his "overwhelming" ... is a good hype ... and that's it ... a GOOD HYPE not best hype ever
but Riboku admit he can't defeat Ren Pa in a heads on fight is MUCH better hype
Yeah like you said, the discussion is over, your opinion is your opinion and nobody has ever been able to talk you out of something you’ve mentally somersaulted your way into believing lol.

Have fun with the headcanon.

That is part of war though lol. The best Generals are the ones who manipulate the terms of the battle to their favor right from the start.

Riboku specifically manipulated his battle with Ouki to one where he had the extreme advantage to begin with, and took advantage of the openings he himself created to overwhelmingly crush Ouki.

War isn’t just about mindlessly riding out with an army to face an opponent head on Red lol, it’s about defeating your opponent through any means possible.

Chou Sou almost killed Moubu. Chou Sou. Half this thread is now googling this guy because they forgot about him, and yet this guy used superior tactics and strategy to corner Moubu into a death trap rather than fighting him head on.

Headon warfare is overrated lol, and that’s why Riboku was able to manipulate Ouki and Gekishin to their deaths, because he understands that being a truly great General isn’t just about armies clashing head on.

1. That’s exactly what Ouki said
2. The reason Ouki said this is because he’s never heard of a commander using as insanely effective tactics ad Riboku. He had never heard of a commander who manipulated a battle to such a massive extent, that he was able to secure Ouki’s defeat before the battle had even started.

You yourself just said, not 24 hours ago in the spoiler thread, that Riboku would’ve annihilated Ousen had the Zhao King listened to him. And besides, Ousen is Qin 6 level himself.

Ousen by “muh stats!!!” Is virtually equal to Gaku Ki in intelligence lol. And Renpa also stated that Ousen perceived the battlefield in the exact same way that Hakuki did. Ousen also stole some of Hakuki’s tactics for himself. Ousen and Hakuki are as close to equals as it gets.

I don’t know why you do this Red lol. You do the same shit in OP. You find the flimsiest reason to form the flimsiest opinions, and then disregard the mountains of evidence that disprove you.

And then you act like “when I’m proven wrong, I’ll admit it…” as if you weren’t already wrong before the discussion began.

Yeah like you said, the discussion is over, your opinion is your opinion and nobody has ever been able to talk you out of something you’ve mentally somersaulted your way into believing lol.

Have fun with the headcanon.
OK I'm done ... I don't want to fight you in Kingdom as well :blush:
(and tbh kingdom is not the type of story to me that give us heated arguments so there is no need for it as well)
let's save the fights for One Piece :cheers:

One thing that people who tend to incline towards Riboku like to point out is the fact that he's fighting an uphill battle against his own state/monarchy. While this is indeed true what is often overlooked is that there are also instances where Zhoa had an advantage against Qin. During the Shukai plains Riboku's army was comprised of 120K men whereas Ousen's army was comprised of 88K men.

Now let's compare how many generals were killed from both sides. The only Qin general that was actually killed was Makou (who was coincidentally killed directly by Riboku himself).

Zhoa's side however lost Gaku Ei, Chougaryuu, Gyou'un, Houken, and even other minor generals like Kinmou and Earl Kou. And that's only counting the losses Zhao took at the Shukai Plains.

This is why I can't agree with the notion that Riboku was the strongest/most impressive general in the series,

While it is true that Riboku would have been able to defeat the Qin had he been able to mobilize the 100K soldiers from Kantan he was still unable to defeat Ousen despite outnumbering them in a fairly long campaign.
Post automatically merged:

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Zhoa's side however lost Gaku Ei, Chougaryuu, Gyou'un, Houken, and even other minor generals like Kinmou and Earl Kou. And that's only counting the losses Zhao took at the Shukai Plains.
Literally not a single one of those deaths had anything to do with Ousen or Riboku. They were all due to Qin having superior subordinate commanders. Ousen himself said this, that Riboku outclassed him in terms of tactics, but his subordinates simply outperformed Riboku’s.

The only minor General death that had anything to do with Ousen or Riboku, was Makou killed directly by Riboku, and Akou’s almost death which was masterminded by Riboku. Ousen contributed almost nothing to the death of Riboku’s subordinates.

Literally not a single one of those deaths had anything to do with Ousen or Riboku. They were all due to Qin having superior subordinate commanders. Ousen himself said this, that Riboku outclassed him in terms of tactics, but his subordinates simply outperformed Riboku’s.

The only minor General death that had anything to do with Ousen or Riboku, was Makou killed directly by Riboku, and Akou’s almost death which was masterminded by Riboku. Ousen contributed almost nothing to the death of Riboku’s subordinates.
Ousen intentionally placed the HSU in the right wing expecting them to awaken and become the ''key'' towards their pincer which he devised at the start, hence why Ousen ordered them towards the right battlefield after Riboku sent Gyou'un towards their left.

As for the Qin having superiour commanders I'd say it's honestly debatable. Zhoa also had notorious monsters like Gyou'un, Bananji, and Chou garyuu on top of having more soldiers.

Riboku also mentions that when a state draws close to it's demise it will release a superior strength then normally which would give Zhoa even more of a boost during this campaign yet despite this they lost.

Ousen intentionally placed the HSU in the right wing expecting them to awaken and become the ''key'' towards their pincer which he devised at the start, hence why Ousen ordered them towards the right battlefield after Riboku sent Gyou'un towards their left.

As for the Qin having superiour commanders I'd say it's honestly debatable. Zhoa also had notorious monsters like Gyou'un, Bananji, and Chou garyuu on top of having more soldiers.

Riboku also mentions that when a state draws close to it's demise it will release a superior strength then normally which would give Zhoa even more of a boost during this campaign yet despite this they lost.

I know Ousen said I won this war cause I had better underlings

but let's keep in mind he was ~ 20,000 men short compare to Riboku ...

so I would say Ousen MOST LIKLEY would've won the battel in a equal match even without "better commanders"

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
It’s not debatable. Not from Ousen’s perspective at least. In Ousen’s mind, he and Riboku used identical tactics with Riboku having the slight advantage.

Riboku brought incredibly strong generals to Shukai Plains, but Qin’s trio reached another level of strength during that battle. And sure Ousen had predicted they would awaken, but still Ousen considered this an inferior tactic to what Riboku himself was doing.

Which does not apply to Shukai plains. The Zhao were fighting what they considered to be a losing battle for Qin the entire time. Riboku himself did not consider Gyou’s fall to even be possible until the very end of the battle when he and Ousen’s center armies engaged each other directly.

TheKnightOfTheSea

𝕷𝖔𝖗𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓'𝖘 𝕾𝖕𝖆𝖜𝖓
Duke Hyou
-And last but certainly not least, Duke Hyou is a hardcore sleeper. He could legit, depending on the circumstance, smash any General on this list with his Instincts. He is a wildcard who is really capable of anything on the battlefield, and I think he is probably a lot more legendary than we realize.
Duke Hyou is underrated imo, but he's hard for me to scale.

Kingdom only bruhz. Our guy Ouki and few others wouldn't sniff the list based on the history. :pepemy:
Strictly Kingdom, but can use history as minor reference to elaborate on events that are stated to have happened in the manga if needed.
Ou Ki probably didn't even exist in real life bro.

Wang Yi(Ou Ki) and Wang He(Ou Kutsu) are apparently the same person.

(I consider the 2 and 3 spots to be interchangeable.) Ri Boku is the undisputed GOAT.
  1. Ri Boku. The man who defeated Duke Hyou and Ou Ki, the man said to be the most dangerous in all of China. Ri Boku is the biggest obstacle to the MC and future greatest general, Shin.
  2. Gaku Ki. Hyped up as the "God of Warfare". It's said that he almost annihilated the state of Qi, and managed to lead a Coalition Army.
  3. Haku Ki. The leader of the Six Great Generals of Qin. Even after his passing, the other states still fear this man. In real life, Haku Ki was responsible for close to 900,000 enemy soldier deaths.
  4. Kou En. Hyped up to be the most powerful Chu general. This man's going to be amonster. The main reason I'm placing him so high is because of historical facts.
  5. Ou Sen. This dude is a genius. He's an amazing tactician. Easily the strongest of the current Six Great Generals(Shin will surpass him tho).
  6. Ou Ki. He's basically the MC's mentor, he's obviously going to be pretty strong. Ou Ki defeated Hou Ken and almost . It should say something that one of the Current Six Great Generals was Ou Ki's right hand man.(my fav character).
  7. Ren Pa. Seems to be on par with Ou Ki. He dominated Mou Gou in their duel. He also easily defeated Gaku Jou.
  8. Ko Shou. The only pure strategist among the Six Great Generals of Qin. He taught one of the greatest tacticians in the world, Shou Hei Kun military arts.
  9. Duke Hyou. He's definitely a wild card, a list without him wouldn't feel right.
  10. Rin Shou Jou. He learned from one of the greatest strategists ever, and is also said to be on par with Mou Bou in martial might. Personally, I'm not the biggest fan of him, but I can't deny that he's a monster.

I feel like Yo Tan Wa and Tou are on par with each other

Kan Ki also deserves a spot in 11-20 imo.

Last edited:
Riboku as 1 - as Ousen implied it's unfortunate for Riboku that they have a stupid King, Zhao would be unbeatable that dumb King mobilized the kantan army under Riboku's command, Ousen wouldn't even attempt to do his invasion, he wouldn't be a supreme commander of that battle either.

Odds are simply against Riboku because of the corrupt higher ups in Zhao.

and in history Riboku even defended against Qin few times before Ousen was forced for other means to have Riboku out of the picture

Ousen's biggest tactic that is right from the very beginning is using locust tact to place his own soldiers in Gyou and than letting Riboku believe he has upper hand whole time in the war but suddenly gets on the backfoot with having less available time (on food supplies shortage) and making him to confront Ousen head on rather than Qin being suffering from supply shortage.

Secondly once again going to point out that in center armies confrontation, it was Ousen who totally outclassed Riboku head on. Even with numerical advantages, Riboku lost in strategical/tactical play and than lost two of his own main generals (and one was great heaven), Ousen zero.

Strategical game between these two started long before the Shukai plains.

- Riboku lured them inside to surround and kill them all.

- Ousen surprised him with moving toward Gyou (deep inside) rather than staying in Retsubi to get killed or retreat.

- By using locust tact first and than surrounding Gyou Ousen made Riboku change his plan.

- At Shukai plains, for the beginning of the war both used similar tact by using surprise attack on day one to target opponentsmain commander of the wing, but you have to accept it that Ousen's bait tact was quite successful in two ways : 1st killing more soldiers and 2nd targeting commander as well. Though in the Shin overlooked his boss order and changed target while Riboku came himself to butcher Makou and won the opening tact game.

- Than in the mid way it was sending generals here and there, though Riboku was making more efforts to guide his wings rather than slacking off like Ousen.

- In the end Ousen surprises Riboku with riots inside Gyou's. This was the turning point of the whole war.

- Center armies confrontation was Ousen's win and later Shin's slaying Houken sealed the victory for Qin.

- Riboku still planned to surround and butcher Qin army, but Ousen got food supplies through Qi.

Now on the larger board both deployed different tacts but Riboku trumps over Ousen just once that is loss of Makou. That is when Riboku had home advantage, better understanding of the surroundings and numerical advantages.

In a similar way, Riboku also lost in coalition war. That time coalition army had everything superior to Qin that being armies, equipments, generals etc. but still Riboku couldn't win it. But Qin had just home advantage with them.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Ousen's biggest tactic that is right from the very beginning is using locust tact to place his own soldiers in Gyou and than letting Riboku believe he has upper hand whole time in the war but suddenly gets on the backfoot with having less available time (on food supplies shortage) and making him to confront Ousen head on rather than Qin being suffering from supply shortage.

Secondly once again going to point out that in center armies confrontation, it was Ousen who totally outclassed Riboku head on. Even with numerical advantages, Riboku lost in strategical/tactical play and than lost two of his own main generals (and one was great heaven), Ousen zero.

Strategical game between these two started long before the Shukai plains.

- Riboku lured them inside to surround and kill them all.

- Ousen surprised him with moving toward Gyou (deep inside) rather than staying in Retsubi to get killed or retreat.

- By using locust tact first and than surrounding Gyou Ousen made Riboku change his plan.

- At Shukai plains, for the beginning of the war both used similar tact by using surprise attack on day one to target opponentsmain commander of the wing, but you have to accept it that Ousen's bait tact was quite successful in two ways : 1st killing more soldiers and 2nd targeting commander as well. Though in the Shin overlooked his boss order and changed target while Riboku came himself to butcher Makou and won the opening tact game.

- Than in the mid way it was sending generals here and there, though Riboku was making more efforts to guide his wings rather than slacking off like Ousen.

- In the end Ousen surprises Riboku with riots inside Gyou's. This was the turning point of the whole war.

- Center armies confrontation was Ousen's win and later Shin's slaying Houken sealed the victory for Qin.

- Riboku still planned to surround and butcher Qin army, but Ousen got food supplies through Qi.

Now on the larger board both deployed different tacts but Riboku trumps over Ousen just once that is loss of Makou. That is when Riboku had home advantage, better understanding of the surroundings and numerical advantages.

In a similar way, Riboku also lost in coalition war. That time coalition army had everything superior to Qin that being armies, equipments, generals etc. but still Riboku couldn't win it. But Qin had just home advantage with them.
I didn’t read this entire comment as Ousen himself disagrees with you and considers Riboku the superior tactician

Only HakuKi and GakuKi are debatable here for the title of best ever in the series. Lol

Both were monsters and had the title of being undefeatable before there name. But warring era mentioned mainly about only four generals that is - Ousen, HakuKi, Riboku and Renpa. Now in these four, only HakuKi is the only who is being remembered even now and had the biggest record preserved related battles. And again he also was undefeatable.
Post automatically merged:

I didn’t read this entire comment as Ousen himself disagrees with you and considers Riboku the superior tactician
That is only about Shukai plains while i mentioned about whole invasion part where Riboku got outclassed as he couldn't counter Ousen perfectly. I've already mentioned about Makou scenario and it was just that which being mentioned by Ousen. Other than that both used same tactics in left and right wings.

Also we already have panels/chapters available where Riboku lost in center.

Last edited:
my list will be updated but I'm gonna stop reading Kingdom for now .... right now I'm at (643)

1- Gakuki ... a man Shin will never surpass

* as I said this is not even debatable to me

=> Military God
=> highest rank in story with 100 exp + SS factor
=> considered as greatest general of that era by Kong Ming. the smartest and greatest strategist of china history
=> leader of 6 armies and singlehandedly almost destroy strongest kingdom

2- Hakuki ... maybe the true pinnacle for Shin

=> Military Daemon
=> leader of 6 great general
=> a man who killed 1 Mil solders
=> never lost a battel

3- Renpa ... The Chadman of Kingdom

=> just like Gakiki have highest number (with no SS factor tho)
=> Riboku admit he can't beat him
=> equal to Ouki if not a bit better

4- Ouki ... the pinnacle for main character
* Kingdom sometimes act like a shonen so Ouki as benchmark for Shin can be 3rd as well

=> Shin's goal (my main reason)
=> stood equal to Renpa in my opinion
=> a great general in offense and defense

5-Ousen

=> feel free to put him at 5th place. he was the reason Ren Pa lost. something Riboku admitted he can't do
=> he defeated Riboku. but mainly cause of better generals not better plans ... but he did manage his underling masterfully so he should get cridit for that. he showed better leadership than Riboku and equal strategy

6- Riboku

=> I have to say ... I'm disappointed in him ... maybe cause I asked too much? maybe but I never saw a off chart strategy from Riboku but story implied he could've defeated Ousen if he didn't got captured. but he lost so ...

=> he have 199 point in 2 most important area for a general and highest numbers ... but I don't really buy this. story hyped him more than it should and never showed us he is really 100

7- Mou Gou ... I know :)

=> I know many people will disagree with this. he wasn't one of 6 and he wasn't off chart in anything but I believe in the story he was truly one of the best generals

=> seeking and finding the right talent is a MASSIVE AND MAJOR factor for generals. and Mou Gou is the man behind Ousen, kanki, Mobu, Mou Ten and I'll argue shin ... without him Qin wouldn't have at least 5 great generals. this factor have TOO MUCH value to me

=> also he is a great leader

8-kanki

=> I don't know him well enough but he might end up above Mou Gou to me. his methods are unorthodox but effective.
=> he can control his man very good and he is willing to do what ever it takes and see far outside of the box.

9- Yo Tan Wa

=> a true leader. a Queen-General that her people are willing to die for her and she is also unorthodox. as long as she lead HER OWN army she is on my top 10

10- Moubu

=> strongest man of china and maybe best general for attacking the enemy
=> he can be much higher on my list. his leadership is more impressive to me than his power. but he needs a master mind to help him

p.s
- since I'm only on 650 I can't be sure about my list
- I value feats not "it's said"
- I didn't add Shou Hei Kun cause we can't be sure he can lead a massive army at battlefield. he might be able to do it as an strategist but he don't have enough EXP to do it as a General until proven otherwise (imo)

1- Gakuki
2- Ousen (if not now by eos)
3- Hakuki
4- Riboku
5-Ouki
6-Renpa
7- Yo Tan Wa
8- Mou Gou
9- Kanki
10- Moubu

some fixes here and there but that's where I stand for now
Kou En? I wait for him