Character Discussion Coby The Hero is the new Garp and future rival of Pirate King

It isn’t an either/or

both koby and smoker are paralleled to Garp. Don’t be retarded about it.
koby has the same fighting style and the same epithet(hero) as garp. This obviously isn’t unintentional

no, koby isn’t going to equal Luffy, but neither will smoker, so that’s a moot point

It isn’t an either/or

both koby and smoker are paralleled to Garp. Don’t be retarded about it.
koby has the same fighting style and the same epithet(hero) as garp. This obviously isn’t unintentional

no, koby isn’t going to equal Luffy, but neither will smoker, so that’s a moot point
I mean the fact that Coby fights like Garp and Helmeppo fights with swords for sure Is intentional.
Helmeppo for be a fight for Zoro in the future and Coby because he's the new Garp.

I mean the fact that Coby fights like Garp and Helmeppo fights with swords for sure Is intentional.
Helmeppo for be a fight for Zoro in the future and Coby because he's the new Garp.
The latter part is intentional because that's, like, literally 80% of relevant duos in OP history mirroring Luffy/Zoro.

Roger/Rayleigh
Lucci/Kaku (Jyabura no longer there)
Crocodile/Mr.1 (Mr.2 out of picture)
Smoker/Tashigi
Garp/Bogard
Kidd/Killer

Blade/sword users being their primary fighting style.

Only real exceptions so far (that might be related to Luffy/Zoro) are Akainu/Kizaru and Shanks/Ben. And who knows, those light sabers might end up being more important to Kizaru than we know.

Funny how Coby fanboys run on Coby is the new Garp because he fights the same way but then ignore Luffy fights nothing like Roger.

It's the opposite now.

Luffy is Roger with a devil fruit
Smoker is Garp with a devil fruit.

Since people starting to downplay and not even being able to know what a parallel is I decided to create this thread to reply to threads such as this:
https://worstgen.alwaysdata.net/for...-garp-so-he-should-be-a-rival-of-luffy.32222/

The main argument used is:

Of course I don't need to explain how stupid this argument really is, it's like saying "can you imagine Rayleigh being dumb like Zoro and find difficult to get the meaning behind 3D2Y?"

As you can see Rayleigh here talks about Zoro "not seeming particularly quick on the uptake".

Rayleigh was right about it.

Now can you imagine Rayleigh finding it difficult like Zoro? Of course not.
Or it's like saying Rayleigh does like young girls while Zoro finds p*ssy disgusting so they aren't parallels.
:luffylaugh:

So Zoro isn't Rayleigh's parallel because he's not the same as Rayleigh personality wise? Of course not, just like Zoro is his own character Coby is his own character and doesn't have to be the same personality as Garp to be his parallel.

So let's see what points out that Coby is the new Garp.

1. Both are known as "The Hero" of marines.

2. New generation always surpass old one and Coby is the student of Garp, just like Kuzan who is an ex admiral of Navy. Just like Kuzan, Coby opposed to Akainu, which shows COC potential.

Even Shanks recognizes Coby's courage.

3. Garp was also Roger's friend just like Coby and Luffy.

4. Coby's initial dream was just becoming a marine, then he's dream developed to becoming an Admiral, some people say "yeah he just has to become an admiral doesn't need him to be able to be on Luffy's level" which is WRONG. Oda is doing this game with Coby, started as no one, as a short boy who wanted to become a marine to a young marine which dream is to become an Admiral and he will finally develop to the one who will be near to capture Luffy, as Luffy himself pointed out Coby wants to fight him just like Roger was Garp's bussiness so is Luffy for Coby.

"I have to bring down Roger myself" -> "You'll fight me, right?" the only character Luffy said those words to.

You should bet on Coby just like Zoro and Luffy did, Luffy knows he'll be stronger but explicity says that Coby has to close the gap and fight him one day, he believes in him and so does Zoro believing he'll be a strong foe in the future.

"If Coby says he can do it, he can do it"
"Luffy.. looks like you've planted the seeds for some strong enemies in the future"

5. The possible outcome, Coby + Luffy vs Teach, who has a ship called Rocks, they're the Garp, Roger and Rocks of the new gen so the final parallel:
The Hero of Marines + The Pirate King vs The Evil Pirate who wants to rule over the world. This is has become more concrete with Teach and Coby's connesion.

Not absurd considering real life Blackbeard was actually defeated by a marine, this role can be given to Coby.

Remember, will is power, Coby has developed so much something no one would have ever imagined.
He himself confirmed how willpower changed his life.

From this:

to slowly developing to this:

Look how he's aiming higher and higher, his first dream was becoming a marine then now he's so ambitious to wanting to become a marine admiral and one day Oda will eventually show us incredibly how that boy met on Alvida's ship became The Hero, Luffy's friend and rival, the one closest to capture him as the pirate king.

Coby already did a lot, he has the fastest growth in the marines history:
  • Helmeppo was the second fastest of promotion in two years as the first was held by Koby, from Seaman Recruit to Lieutenant Commander.
Reached Tashigi's rank when not so time ago was still taking lessons from her.

Also Coby has one of the best COO in the entire series.

Volume 1000 "Z", Oda mentions how his Haki has advanced greatly. The circled part saying, "Mastered Rokushiki - His CoO is abnormally developed"

Also confirmed by Helmeppo and vivrecard:

"His Observation Haki is sophisticated enough to estimate someone's strength from even the slightest of interactions."

He has also better feats than Vice-Admiral Yamakaji.

Conclusion: Coby will be Garp's best student, surpassing Kuzan, opposing to Akainu and will also become the New Hero and Garp of the marines.
This is all for now.
Koby will get massive hype soon,i think he will fight the 10th titanic captain of BBP.

K!NG HARA$H!MA

Lower than trash
Coby is progressing really good, higher than most of strong people. I'd even argue he's currently above Pre-TS Zoro and Sanji.

Prime Coby is can potentially break into Top 10 of All Time but right now Luffy is too far ahead and Coby couldn't catch up hence he can't be serious rival.

Best we can hope for is Coby being strong enough to not get 1 shot by Luffy and around mid diff material for EOS Luffy, even that's seem a stretch but we'll see

:pepecopium:

Unless he is at this moment way stronger than his rank suggest, he wont be the new Garp in terms of strength, netiher in an epilogue, nor at EoS.

Not all parallels between Roger and Luffy should be equal.
For example, Luffy's Oden is Robin, but without Robin being some monster like Oden. They are both the key to read Poneglyphs.
Garp and Coby are both heroes, and that's all. But a hero is not meassured by strength.

People just trying so hard to push stupid agendas on Luffy rivals

There isn't such a thing as Luffy's Garp or Luffy's Whitebeard.

People force Coby, Law, Kid, Katakuri, Smoker in those roles, they are just delusional

Garp was someone who always chased after Roger, had been always able to stand next to him in power, Coby is not even close to Luffy and will never get to that point to be on his level.
Smoker was a good Garp parallel in the pre TS, but Oda trashed his character in the post TS.

Oda is going to end the series with Luffy basically a God, going on Joy Boy route, nobody's gonna really rival him.