Powers & Abilities CoC has been badly handled by Oda

So when Oda first explained haki, you had 3 distinctive and unique colors. Armament, an invisible aura that can be used for offense and defense; observation, which gives the user supernatural perception; and conquerors, which allows the user to dominate others with their will. 3 distinctive powers, 3 distinctive abilities.

Yet all of a sudden, it seems as if conquerors has become armament 2.0. You can now coat your attacks with CoC. What does that do? Fuck should I know. Not only Luffy, but now zoro can use this power as well and yet Oda hasn't bothered to explain what CoC coating actually does. CoA coating makes your body/weapon stronger, but how can CoC coating do that when CoC doesn't work the same?
Perhaps CoC coating makes your opponent weaker instead of making you stronger? Sure would be nice if Oda explained this ability before giving it to both of the MCs.

But even beyond this, I still can't help but feel like the very concept of CoC coating is fundamentally a betrayal of what CoC was portrayed as and what it should have been. CoC never needed to be CoA 2.0 that can just be slapped on to any punch or slash to enhance its strength. CoC was fundamentally the power of controlling others. The fodder control aspects of CoC are absolutely broken in a war scenario and if Oda cared about such things, it would have been really cool to see CoC actually play some role in the strategy of the onigashima raid. Wouldn't a major objective in war be for CoC users to KO as many people as possible with their abilities?

ACoC could have taken this power to the next level. You could be able to force people to do your bidding, exert control over yourself to surpass your limits. possibly even exert control over your environment to manipulate it.

I feel like overall, CoC was a unique and interesting ability that should have had a major impact on the way wars are fought in OP, but was instead dumbed down to "CoA but stronger", for no reason.
Luffy explained it even internal destruction CoA is still too shallow, Ad.CoC is much stronger.

CoC was always like a shockwave not a telepathic ability otherwise Marco wouldn't tell weaker pirates to get inside of the ship, it means that a mere ship wall can protect fodders from getting KOed by Shanks's CoC.

And Shanks damaging the ship with CoC was also proof of it being it was always like a shockwave, not a telepathic ability.

Why weaker people getting KOed? Its animalistic instincts that tells the weaker people should be scared once they face with a much superior and powerful enemy, Perona lost her senses against Usopp's trick exactly like as if she KOed by CoC, because she thought she was going to die against a much superior power. CoC what makes weaker people instinctively feel the much superior power and they get KOed instinctively due to fear due to feeling the immsense power of CoC, that's how powerful CoC is.

Haki was a mistake.

Oda only came up with it because he couldnt come up with ways for people to deal with logias anymore.
:luuh:

Comming up with ways to find out logias weaknesses was cool, and it gave characters like smoker some real sense of danger, as in how the fuck do you stop smoke?
But i do agree its BS that some of you are only complaining about it now JUST because Zoro got it, if it was Sanji instead 90% of the people saying shit in this thread about haki wouldnt have a problem with it at all.
:milaugh:

Haki was a mistake.

Oda only came up with it because he couldnt come up with ways for people to deal with logias anymore.

Comming up with ways to find out logias weaknesses was cool, and it gave characters like smoker some real sense of danger, as in how the fuck do you stop smoke?
But i do agree its BS that some of you are only complaining about it now JUST because Zoro got it, if it was Sanji instead 90% of the people saying shit in this thread about haki wouldnt have a problem with it at all.
To be honest people have been complaining about haki way before this chapter. While I found the moments where Lufffy and Zoro unlocked advCOC cool, I don't like how it is basically COA but better. Kinda eh

Yamato and luffy gets it no one says shit.
Zoro gets it all of a sudden this is a problem? :gokulaugh:
Lol what?

*Luffy and Yamato have CoC coating*

"Luffy and Yamato's CoC coated attacks aren't doing shit to Kaido. It's not that special."

*Zoro gets CoC coating*

"OMG, Zoro and Mihawk are goated! Strongest characters in One Piece, and it's not even close!"

OP isn't even complaining that Zoro has it. He's complaining about it's functionality being nothing more than a copy of AdCoA.

Wano is the most beautiful arc in the series despite its flaws.

Flabbergasting landscapes, a staggering war, well designed and enthralling characters, Zoro Arc, an epic yonko arc, epic story.
You're kidding, right? The most beautiful arc in the series? Even as a Zoro fan you should be able to see Wano's glaring flaws. Don't let the hype of the recent chapter fool you

A couple of good chapters in Onigashima doesn't stop Wano from being a pretty iffy arc

The landscapes are meh skypiea had a better setting, a staggering war that no one on the alliance's side has died in, the scabbards are liked the least out of any secondary characters in any arc, it's a good arc for Zoro but that's about all I can give you

The F6? Did you see how Oda handled them? 2 of them got loldiffed by Big Mom, Drake is a member of Sword but is a background character now, the list just goes on.

Jack probably got done the worst out of any character in Wano. Hyped up since Zou and the first billion beri man we meet? Never used haki or a single named attack before getting mid diffed by Inu

Can't forget this arc introducing Amnesia Mom only to embarrass her for most of the arc! Never thought we'd see her turned into a gag character after FMI

Does Wano have really good strings of chapters? Yeah, but that shouldn't be enough to make anyone forget what happened during the rest of the arc

:luffylaugh:

Haki is willpower. CoC is the strongest willpower. Using the strongest willpower is strongest. LOL.

Haki was a mistake.

Except Haki hasn't had any bearing on logia which honestly wasn't handled well to begin with. To hurt Crocodile, Luffy coated himself in water. A pirate covered in water, wow very clever. And saying Oda ran out of ideas to deal with logia powers after this, when Smoker debuted a while before Crocodile, doesn't really work.

I'm not sure if there was any internal or external pressure for Oda to come up with a power scheme, but obviously he had to somehow separate the big dogs from the amateurs. All three forms of Haki do that, although I do think there are plenty of ways where there could have been a better explanation or depiction.

Haki is willpower. CoC is the strongest willpower. Using the strongest willpower is strongest. LOL.

Except Haki hasn't had any bearing on logia which honestly wasn't handled well to begin with. To hurt Crocodile, Luffy coated himself in water. A pirate covered in water, wow very clever. And saying Oda ran out of ideas to deal with logia powers after this, when Smoker debuted a while before Crocodile, doesn't really work.

I'm not sure if there was any internal or external pressure for Oda to come up with a power scheme, but obviously he had to somehow separate the big dogs from the amateurs. All three forms of Haki do that, although I do think there are plenty of ways where there could have been a better explanation or depiction.
Hard disagree, Crocodille's fear of water was one of the bigest reasons why there was no rain in Alabasta, the fact that blood could also wet sand as Luffy became able to hurt him with his fists full of blood was great storytelling, as it was simbolic to the bloodshed Crocodile was causing in the country.

Enel too, as Luffy was completely imune to his powers, he thought he was the strongest being alive, but then someone that was imune to his powers apeared. Then we can see his cowardice as he tryes to avoid fighting Luffy, but still couldnt accept the fact that Luffy was simply imune to his thunder and got destroyd because of that.

Having a logia back then meant something, now everyone can hurt a logia, its nothing that special anymore.

Lol what?

"Luffy and Yamato's CoC coated attacks aren't doing shit to Kaido. It's not that special."

*Zoro gets CoC coating*

"OMG, Zoro and Mihawk are goated! Strongest characters in One Piece, and it's not even close!"

OP isn't even complaining that Zoro has it. He's complaining about it's functionality being nothing more than a copy of AdCoA.
All Luffy coa/ryou internal destruction/future side/normal coc attacks were to shallow
Luffy using Haoshoku coating is the key in this fight.
Now tell me if this is just adcoa use..... All the comunity is saying that Luffy alredy mastered the highest level of CoA and coudnt do shit to kaido and you tell me that is just a copy of advanced coa?

Nonsense

Jesus fucking christ. Not everything is about Zoro! No one gives enough of a shit about Zoro to make a Haki complaint thread just for him

There have been dozens of threads bitching about how terribly the Haki system has been handled before Advanced COC and there will be dozens more after as Oda continues to throw the kitchen sink into a poorly explained system.
Did you know the paint girl in Baroque works? Turns out she had super mega ultra advanced CoC. How do devil fruits go to objects? Simple; coc. What are deck friite? Coc. What are children? CoC of the parents

Hard disagree, Crocodille's fear of water was one of the bigest reasons why there was no rain in Alabasta, the fact that blood could also wet sand as Luffy became able to hurt him with his fists full of blood was great storytelling, as it was simbolic to the bloodshed Crocodile was causing in the country.

Enel too, as Luffy was completely imune to his powers, he thought he was the strongest being alive, but then someone that was imune to his powers apeared. Then we can see his cowardice as he tryes to avoid fighting Luffy, but still couldnt accept the fact that Luffy was simply imune to his thunder and got destroyd because of that.

Having a logia back then meant something, now everyone can hurt a logia, its nothing that special anymore.
Yes in Alabasta this makes sense... but before he got there Crocodile was a pirate on the sea. Ener completely avoided Haki is a clever storytelling way. The only other important logia characters were Smoker and the three admirals. And tbh, if they got answered by some rock paper scissors idea it would look really corny. Not that Oda doesn't have those kind of solutions in mind, as again Haki was really meant for the general story and not necessarily logia.

But having those powers will remain special because it's not like they're negated by Haki.

Yes in Alabasta this makes sense... but before he got there Crocodile was a pirate on the sea. Ener completely avoided Haki is a clever storytelling way. The only other important logia characters were Smoker and the three admirals. And tbh, if they got answered by some rock paper scissors idea it would look really corny. Not that Oda doesn't have those kind of solutions in mind, as again Haki was really meant for the general story and not necessarily logia.

But having those powers will remain special because it's not like they're negated by Haki.
Yeah, wrong choice of words i used there, it is still special and broken.

Just not nearly as broken as before.

Don DaSlayer

The Peerless swordsman
Lol what?

*Zoro gets CoC coating*

Im smoking on this Zorohater pack you want sum?

CoC is not CoA 2.0
The reason it's always confusing is because entire Haki System haven't been explained well yet

I'm 90% confident that Vegapunk will be the one to explain entire Haki System & also Devil Fruits + other stuff
I just don’t understand why we need to wait for an explanation hundreds of chapters after both Luffy and zoro get it
Post automatically merged:

Lol what?

*Zoro gets CoC coating*

It’s honestly pissing me off that I can’t just make an analysis about something from a recent chapter without trolls just inserting fandom wars into it without even reading the thread.

it tbh ruins my experience on the forum and I wish mods would make a rule against it or something

@Van