Character Discussion Completely giving up on Mihawk

Based on Buggy coming this far through fraudulent behavior, I doubt that it will be different in the future. So it's not like Mihawk will lend him a hand intentionally. And if Mihawk ends up dragged by Buggy into a war he doesn't desire, it wouldn't really reflect well on Mihawk's character either.

I also don't see a scenario in which Mihawk will contribute to Buggy advancing further. Buggy's peers at this stage are:
- Luffy
- Blackbeard
- Shanks

The moment Buggy faces Luffy and has Mihawk face Zoro, Zoro wins. Facing Blackbeard wouldn't make much sense but if they do, they get defeated, since Blackbeard is reserved for Luffy's crew. Facing Shanks wouldn't make much sense either, since they aren't really hostile towards each other in the first place, there would be no point in picking a fight with Shanks out of all people.

So it's more realistic that, while Mihawk gets wasted, Buggy slithers his way further up one way or another through yet another fraudulent behavior.

I don't really see Mihawk's role here contributing.

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
Based on Buggy coming this far through fraudulent behavior, I doubt that it will be different in the future. So it's not like Mihawk will lend him a hand intentionally. And if Mihawk ends up dragged by Buggy into a war he doesn't desire, it wouldn't really reflect well on Mihawk's character either.

I also don't see a scenario in which Mihawk will contribute to Buggy advancing further. Buggy's peers at this stage are:
- Luffy
- Blackbeard
- Pranks

The moment Buggy faces Luffy and has Mihawk face Zoro, Zoro wins. Facing Blackbeard wouldn't make much sense but if they do, they get defeated, since Blackbeard is reserved for Luffy's crew. Facing Pranks wouldn't make much sense either, since they aren't really hostile towards each other in the first place, there would be no point in picking a fight with Pranks out of all people.

So it's more realistic that, while Mihawk gets wasted, Buggy slithers his way further up one way or another through yet another fraudulent behavior.

I don't really see Mihawk's role here contributing.
You're missing out on a major faction which has to interact with CG... the Marines. And coincidentally, the Admirals dont seem "safe" anymore after Wano.

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
he'll end up Top 1 or Top 2 regardless.
Only 3 guys are declared as representatives of Power. One of them is dead.
The other two occupy top 1 and top 2 in the verse. Zoro and Mihawk.
Dragon has to fight over spot 3 with Shanks and Imu and Blackbeard. :goyea:

Honestly , Mihawk not moving at all and not even showing his own named attack like Dragon and Oda making Mihawk having a bad past with Marines , a story of betrayal and all that would push Mihawk towards the front either he wants that or not .

Reminder :
Black Blade PU > KoH PU > Adv CoC the power of the very strongest that put midzalu on his ass for 4 months .

Last edited:
I think Kid's case is worse because he has a lot of screen time to be such a mediocre character without any kind of nuance, but in any case Mihawk is just another side character without much prospect of being really important or gaining much depth.

As weak willed and all bark no bite mihawk is he’ll hopefully be allowed to do interesting things before losing to zoro

The betrayal that made him give up on the one piece originally sounds interesting along with his origins of possibly being shakky’s son

Good, don't need weak willed pussies in this fanbase.

Also the argument was never really about relevance. It has always been about strength, on which Mihawk won't disappoint.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
It has to suck for the few genuine Mihawk fans lol, he’s been around for so long and consistently does nothing.

It’s not exclusive to Mihawk, Akainu, Shanks, Dragon, etc are all like that too. But Shanks is getting more action lately, Akainu was only properly introduced at the stories mid point.

Mihawk has been in limbo since pre chap. #100, I would be absolutely furious if I was a long time Mihawk fan.

Kid is a Better character than Mihawk. Mihawk has no deep nor he's entertaining
He's just a strong character waiting in his Island to lose a fight. In short he's just an RPG boss

He's useless but still can be strong if it's what's you care about