Powers & Abilities Could it be that Zoro actually did go all out in dressrosa? Zoro doesn't know how to use asura

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
I'm going by what you fanoboys are saying. Anyway Cracker had plot Armor when fighting Luffy for the very fact that Luffy did not use King Kong Gun. he never needed Nami's help to beat Cracker. That would have ended Cracker in one shot, just like Pica having plot armor against Zoro, not needing help against Pica when he could have ended Cracker in 1 shot.
Stfu about plot armour.
Oda made cracker not use haki when he stabbed tankman or luffy would be dead

J

Jo_Ndule

Corrections :1. he didn't get help in order to beat Pica. He got help to reach Pica. By such logic Luffy for help from Shirahoshi and Fukaboshi in order to beat Hody right?
2. The Flashback cane after he defeated Pica not before
3. Many chapters =\= time passed
4. The whole point about him having Asura means he had stronger attacks

Those are as insignificant as Kaido sweating just at the sight of the Scabbards...

Well you can call it high diff if you want. Pica's feats are far above Trebol and Diamante. Also he is stronger than Cracker who will get flattened by Pica due to his tree level DC
He did get help to beat pica
No matter how much you wanna rewrite the argument
If he couldn't reach Pica quick and fast then he wouldn't destroy the golem and beat Pica

Zoro fought Pica for an hour or 2

J

Jo_Ndule

This exactly why the Luffy vs Cracker fight is bullshit. Luffy not flying into the sky, turning around vertically and using King Kong Gun at the cracker was him holding back.
KKG will never work
Same way it wouldn't work on Kaido or katakuri
Get over it, Luffy was trash haki and combat wise to beat Cracker

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
Interesting read but I gotta say first that your recollection of Thriller Bark events isnt actually true.
Luffy didnt use beat Oars with Nightmare mode and he "didnt have" to use it, it is not something he can use when he wants.
It was a circumstantial power-up unparalleled by any other power Luffy has until today, minus haki itself which could be applied to NM.
Oars was unaffected by everything Nightmare Luffy threw at him, he was defeated later when the entire crew worked together.

Asura wasnt used in Thriller Bark but was used in the very next arc, Sabaody Archipelago and all 3 times it was used it was done willingly.
First time it was used only for a moment to stop Kaku's fiercy Yontoryu onslaught. Right after that, Zoro tells Kaku that it is over for him and pulls a demon spirit and finishes Kaku off. In SA, he tells Sanji to throw PX-4 towards him and pulls a different attack from Asura.
None of it is accidental like you are trying to paint it, Zoro knows exactly what he is doing and he summons it at will.

Now, for your claim of Zoro going all out in DR, you cant possibly know if he did or not. Whether ISDS or Asura attacks have higher destruction capability cannot be said, so far, both Asura attacks have not be used for destruction, however, neither was Sanzen Sekai but its ISDS version is the highest DC Zoro has shown so far. Also, the stone golem has not been something that has shown Zoro's limits. We dont know if the same slashes would cut the Golem if it was 10 times bigger or he would have to use something stronger. We are talking nameless slashes here, swords coated in Hardening and haki flow released.

The more I think about it the more I am convinced that Zoro left Mihawk's training as already a top tier and my old prediction that post TS Zoro is ~70% of Mihawk could indeed be wrong but not in the way people are thinking, he may be 80-90% of Mihawk already.
Once you realize how Oda's storytelling and character progression works it makes perfect sense. If Asura isnt a mode that automatically boosts his base strength and it was already shown to be comparable to top tier, admiral Fujitora Issho while Luffy needed G3 to do anything. Zoro's base strength is already top notch which would make feats of strength used against Zoro scale up a lot, for example, the strength behind the swing of Hawkins' doll, it is probably comparable to the strength behind a swing of the Yonko LinLin.
I will probably make a separate detailed thread why Zoro is already top tier.

Last edited:
Man those Zoro haters cant clearly comprehend the manga

If Oda doesnt show something it means he hides it for a major event for example Marcos hybrid form or Jacks
Its reserved for major story elements the same with Ashura Zoro was simply too strong he pushed away an admiral with an casual non haki non ashura slash thats more than most whitebeard commanders ever accomplished he casually clashed the second time with Fujitora before Pica did go golem mode
Zoro was way ahead of his opponent's till now
Sanji was instantly shut down by Doffy he couldnt even delay him for more than 30 seconds

The more the series goes on, the more I think that Zoro actually might have gone all out in Dressrosa. Not that Asura magically doesn't exist post skip, but rather that Zoro asura is an unreliable power up.

In enies lobby, Oda introduced power ups for all of the m3. The gears for Luffy, diable jambe for sanji, and asura for zoro. However, out of these three power ups, it seems as if Asura is the only one that Oda is treating specially.

Asura seems like the most elusive power in the series. It was used only two times in the manga, and both of them happened pre-skip, effectively 10 years ago in real time.

In thriller bark, we see Luffy use the gears and sanji use diable jambe, but no asura from Zoro. Then post skip happens and we see Luffy with improved G2/G3 as well as G4, Sanji with improved diable jambe and hell memories, but we haven't even seen asura. It seems as if instead of mastering asura, Zoro instead focused on mastering his physical strength and haki, as his high end moves using black hardening can arguably rival G4 in terms of attack power.

So why no asura? According to Zoro fans, its because Zoro is simply too good to use asura. He is so all powerful, that he doesn't even need to use his full strength to defeat powerful enemies. While this argument might be fun to entertain, especially if you are a zoro fan, I feel as if it is a bit biased and lacking in insight. We are to believe that Oda would go 10 years without showing Zoro, one of the most popular characters, use his true strength?

I just don't see the logic in this. I don't get what's the point in making us wait so long. Doflamingo was hyped since pre-skip, there is no reason why Oda couldn't have made Zoro go all out in dressrosa. There is no reason for Oda to prolong this moment.

So here is my theory. To the dismay of Zoro fans, I think it is very likely that Zoro went all out in dressrosa. The reason for this is because I speculate that Zoro 1) doesn't have control over asura and 2) never did have control over asura.

from our observations, we can see that asura is used very infrequently. I mean it was never used in Thriller bark at all. This obviously wasn't because Zoro didn't go all out, as Oars was stronger than all of the straw harts combined, so was moria. Zoro was even temporarily knocked out one or two times. Oars was so strong that Luffy needed to use nightmare luffy to defeat him and then go G2+G3 to beat moria. So why didn't zoro just use asura? he had absolutely no reason not to, especially when kuma showed up.

And I think you can make a similar argument in dressrosa. If Oda was going to give Zoro the enma training as a power up in wano, why didn't he show zoro's full strength in dressrosa? Wouldn't it make sense to see Zoro use asura at least once in 10 years before having him surpass his limits with the enma training?

I think the answer is simple. Zoro doesn't know how to use asura. Even if he's pushed with his back against the wall, there's no guarantee he will be able to use asura. This is why Zoro's non asura atttacks are so powerful, why he created new moves like ISDS and rengoku oni giri, rather than mastering asura and learning how to use asura casually. Zoro simply wasn't able to control asura.

While many people might laugh or troll at the idea that Zoro went all out against pica. It isn't actually without precedent. There is very strong evidence that both Sanji and jinbe went all out against wadatsumi, who parallel's pica in that he is also extremely large. Sanji stated that he used his ultimate attack in fishman island and vagabond drill was the same attack jinbe used against big mom(where he had absolutely no reason to hold back).

I think it could be that rather than give Zoro, Sanji, and jinbe strong and serious opponents in the. new world, he instead had them go all out against goofy giants that are hard to take out.

And as for why Zoro cant use asura on command. I think it might be due to the sandai kitetsu. The sandai is the weakest kitetsu after all. If asura is from the kitetsu, maybe zoro needs a stronger kitetsu sword, like the nidai, before he can fully control asuraa.
:akasalt::holdthisl::jay-he: