Speculations Could Luffy use a sword against Kaido?!

Here in this panel Luffy outright states that he will "cut kaido down." Now I know it's a well established fact that Luffy cannot use a sword but I can't help but question if Oda might be planning something here.

There have been several hints to Luffy using a sword.

and now Luffy has finally mastered the ability to control the flow of haki, an ability that is essential to swordsmen, meaning that if he chose to use a sword, he would be fully capable of using haki through it.

yes in the beginning of the arc Luffy outright stated that he didn't know how to use a sword. But would it really be that difficult for Luffy to have learned how to use it somewhere during his prison training with Hyou?
Hyou was a master swordsman after all.

or could he not have conceived some sort of technique that would utilize a sword? Perhaps a new G4 or G5 form
Overall I think there are many hints that Luffy will indeed use a sword.

but if he chooses to use one, what would it be? Well I think its very possible that the one we saw in the panel where Luffy gets kabuto armor is actually some special sword. We know that they had collected several rare swords so I wouldn't put it past them having a supreme or great grade.

Another possibility is that Luffy could possibly get Momonosuke's sword.

Ame no Habikiri. A great grade sword on par with enma and Shusui that was weirded by Kozuki Oden himself. Yet so far nobody is fit to use it. I am sure that Momonosuke will get his moment to shine but I have little doubt that he will be able to do much with it. Given what Enma did to Zoro's arm, its doubtable whether Momo can even use it.

Luffy on the other hand with his control over haki could easily wield Ame no Habikiri if he chose to.

Here're my thoughts. Oden does have a connection with Luffy. It will ultimately be Luffy who fulfills Oden's will. He will be the one who opens wano to the world and he will be the one who will defeat Kaido.
It makes sense that the man who will defeat Kaido will also wield one of Oden's swords

Luffy will wield Ame no Habikiri. Zoro will wield Enma. Together they will carry out the will of Oden by defeating Kaido with his swords. Leave your thoughts in the comments below.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman

Here in this panel Luffy outright states that he will "cut kaido down." Now I know it's a well established fact that Luffy cannot use a sword but I can't help but question if Oda might be planning something here.

There have been several hints to Luffy using a sword.

and now Luffy has finally mastered the ability to control the flow of haki, an ability that is essential to swordsmen, meaning that if he chose to use a sword, he would be fully capable of using haki through it.

yes in the beginning of the arc Luffy outright stated that he didn't know how to use a sword. But would it really be that difficult for Luffy to have learned how to use it somewhere during his prison training with Hyou?
Hyou was a master swordsman after all.

or could he not have conceived some sort of technique that would utilize a sword? Perhaps a new G4 or G5 form
Overall I think there are many hints that Luffy will indeed use a sword.

but if he chooses to use one, what would it be? Well I think its very possible that the one we saw in the panel where Luffy gets kabuto armor is actually some special sword. We know that they had collected several rare swords so I wouldn't put it past them having a supreme or great grade.

Another possibility is that Luffy could possibly get Momonosuke's sword.

Ame no Habikiri. A great grade sword on par with enma and Shusui that was weirded by Kozuki Oden himself. Yet so far nobody is fit to use it. I am sure that Momonosuke will get his moment to shine but I have little doubt that he will be able to do much with it. Given what Enma did to Zoro's arm, its doubtable whether Momo can even use it.

Luffy on the other hand with his control over haki could easily wield Ame no Habikiri if he chose to.

Here're my thoughts. Oden does have a connection with Luffy. It will ultimately be Luffy who fulfills Oden's will. He will be the one who opens wano to the world and he will be the one who will defeat Kaido.
It makes sense that the man who will defeat Kaido will also wield one of Oden's swords

Luffy will wield Ame no Habikiri. Zoro will wield Enma. Together they will carry out the will of Oden by defeating Kaido with his swords. Leave your thoughts in the comments below.
Nope.
The ame no habikiri means snake slayer.
A sword famed off its real life counterpart which is said to have slain the yama ta no orochi.
What oda has made clear is odens swords will free wano. Wano has 2 tyrants
Kaido and orochi
And oden has a sword for each.

We’re still on this thing about how Zoro is not only going to fight Luffy’s enemy and be as significant to beating that enemy as Luffy, but will have also magically strengthened from low commander level, if that, to someone that could be a serious threat to a Yonko without facing anyone between those two levels?

Luffy’s not going to use a sword against Kaido. He’s going to do what he’s done previously, with advanced haki.

but will have also magically strengthened from low commander level, if that, to someone that could be a serious threat to a Yonko without facing anyone between those two levels?
Of course not...
He is facing a ~/<YC3 (Kyoshiro) and a YC1 (King)
Only then he will be strong enough to help against Kaido

Luffy won't be the one to open up Wano to the world. That is strictly Momo's role, when he becomes Shogun.
Luffy could use a sword against Kaido, but he won't be damaging him with one.

He would actually have to learn a sword technique in order to damage him.

Last edited:
I

Inspector_Mu

:pepeke:
Luffy and momo are the ones who will open the border
Not luffy and zoro
Also luffy Kidd + law vs kaido
Not zoro

Maybe luffy will use the sword he's caring

Nope, Luffy is not a swordsman and will never be one. Even when he had one like when he was Nightmare Luffy or with Nidai Kitetsu while facing Hawkins and his subordinates he didn't use it.