Who is your favourite character?

• Total voters

Light D Lamperouge

๐–‚๐–๐–†๐–™ ๐•ฎ๐–”๐–š๐–‘๐–‰ ๐•ณ๐–†๐–›๐–Š ๐•ญ๐–Š๐–Š๐–“
โ€Ž

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
Iโ€™ve watched the anime from start to finish 3 times.
Brah. You gotta admit it's one of the GOATS. It gets a bit worse after L's death, but it's still much better than the other manga. First 25 episodes, and 58 chapters are a masterpiece.

Also I think I missed tagging @Veku

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
Boring answer, but Light and L are obviously the best written characters, on top of being the smartest.

L will stay the undisputed Nr.1 in smartness because the lad had to prove the existence of a supernatural execution device which was a fucking notebook.
I am glad to see more Death Note fans.

Did you know there was a chart by the mangaka regarding the intelligence and other things?

Light has 9

L has 8

Near has 9

Mikami has 8

Mello has 7​

Ah the anime that got me to take anime in general seriously. Team Light all the way. Episode 25 made me do the most evil and satisfied laughter ever.
You're becoming my favourite mod Vandenreich. First Yami now this. :myman:

For damn sure lol. Easily a top 10 of all time series all things considered, if not top 5.
I'd say top 5 easily.

L managed to pull off the near Impossible. He first prove Death Note was a real thing and second and even most Impressive feat was he defeated Kira even from the DEAD..!!
This One Gives me a Chill..!!

Every other smart ass couldn't even tie up his boot. Both M and N were following his footsteps with the L's findings on Kira. And Kira had literal help from the Shinigami on multiple occasions to save himself from L..!!

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
โ€Ž

Did you know there was a chart by the mangaka regarding the intelligence and other things?

Light has 9

L has 8

Near has 9

Mikami has 8

Mello has 7​

I'd say top 5 easily.
So Light and Near are smarter than L ? Not really convinced

Yeah L was the best (and he is a leg boi ^^)

I like Ryuk too. Mello was nice but not a fan of Near.

Death note was an amazing show, till L death it is definitely a top manga.

I miss Death Note, reading the manga was one of the best things ever, and the anime was also amazing. Light was the best character imo :steef:
Post automatically merged:

Mello was nice but not a fan of Near.

After L died, it really dropped in quality. It wasn't so interesting anymore. Everyone wanted to see L and not Near.

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
I can take Light being smarter, but Near no way, and Mikami being as smart as L isn't making sense.

:smithnie:

Ryuk is nice. Mello too. I like Matt tho. I hate Near.

Absolutely.

I miss Death Note, reading the manga was one of the best things ever, and the anime was also amazing. Light was the best character imo :steef:
Post automatically merged:

After L died, it really dropped in quality. It wasn't so interesting anymore. Everyone wanted to see L and not Near.
Welcome.

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
โ€Ž
Great series. Death Note was one of those anime series where I wasnโ€™t sure what would happen. There were many times I thought L and the police force got Light, only to be baited afterwards.

My favorite character would probably be a tie between Light and Ryuk. Lightโ€™s slow transformation from well intentioned honor student to power hungry mastermind is some of the best piece of character deconstruction in anime Iโ€™ve got to witness. Ryuk remains fairly static, but provides some needed levity during the many tense moments.

After them it would be L. He was eccentric, but brilliant. So much so he was capable of rivaling Light, who was himself a genius aided by supernatural elements.

I have a soft spot for Matsuda. He was nowhere near as capable as the others, but he has a good head on his shoulders. Soichiro Yagami, too. Mainly because he reminds me of my dad who is a retired officer.

Last edited:

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
โ€Ž

Light has 9

L has 8

Near has 9

Mikami has 8

Mello has 7​

I'd say top 5 easily.
What can I say....Death Note is thr anime I've watches more than any other.

I believe it. L got a huge headstart by tricking Light on live TV.

C

critical mindset

Killing off L like that with a fucking shinigami was the cheapest way to end him. L was the boss all the way through: he took no L:s - he was the king of handing out Ls. Near is so fucking cringe with his fucking toys and shit, canโ€™t stand him. The quality went to shit after Lโ€™s passing

Last edited by a moderator: