Anime Discussion Death Note thread

Who is your favourite character?

• Total voters

djiayebee

โ˜† ๐•Š๐•ฆ๐•ฆ๐•ฆ๐•ฆ๐•ฆ๐•ฆ๐•ก๐•–๐•ฃ ๐”ป๐•’๐••๐••๐•ช โ˜†
โ€Ž
Death Note is a masterpiece. Enough said. No seriously, I don't know if there are any other similar "psychological warfare" manga series, but for me it was the first time to read that kind of story and it totally blew my mind from the first to the last page! I am more team Light but I had mixed feeling when L died : extremely happy/satisfied and sad coz I knew I'd miss that brilliant character.... And needless to say, I also enjoyed the anime very much (especially the opening and ending songs by MtH haha they fit so well)

Lightโ€™s slow transformation from well intentioned honor student to power hungry mastermind is some of the best piece of character deconstruction in anime Iโ€™ve got to witness.
He is not only very analytical and forward planning, but unlike L, Light has massive social intelligence. Able to play with emotions and manipulate people. Manipulate even the Shinigami. Ryuk, again, was of no help. And Rem even threatened Light. But his charisma allowed him to play everyone
^ Amen to that, best 2 comments in the thread imo

Last edited:

Light D Lamperouge

๐–‚๐–๐–†๐–™ ๐•ฎ๐–”๐–š๐–‘๐–‰ ๐•ณ๐–†๐–›๐–Š ๐•ญ๐–Š๐–Š๐–“
โ€Ž
(especially the opening and ending songs by MtH haha they fit so well)
Maximum the Hormone songs are amazing. I love all the osts, endings, opening of Death Note.
I think this video has a lot of the best ones.

Also I love Alumina both versions. Don't know if you heard the English cover, but it's great imo.

I don't know if there are any other similar "psychological warfare" manga series
I'd recommend Monster, and probably Death Parade. Code Geass too obviously, but to a lesser extent imo since they do often fight with robots lmao.

Death Note is a masterpiece. Enough said. No seriously, I don't know if there are any other similar "psychological warfare" manga series, but for me it was the first time to read that kind of story and it totally blew my mind from the first to the last page! I am more team Light but I had mixed feeling when L died : extremely happy/satisfied and sad coz I knew I'd miss that brilliant character.... And needless to day, I also enjoyed the anime very much (especially the opening and ending songs by MtH haha they fit so well)
What bothered me about Light is that he's not relatable in the slightest with his god complex. :sadgrin:

L didn't lack that reliability, I was cheering him on.

And then I rage quit for a while.

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
And then I rage quit for a while.
I think every L fan did that lmao. If I were purely an L fan, I'd probably stop for a while too.

My opinion over the years has remained the same. Either L should have been the one to catch Light, or Light should have won when he killed L. I like Mello, and I love Matt, but I detest Near. If I were to choose between not having any of them or the stuff we got, I'd take the first option in a heartbeat.

I think every L fan did that lmao. If I were purely an L fan, I'd probably stop for a while too.
I was so furious, it wasn't even funny, I kept checking the episodes to make sure :milaugh:

Only ever rage quit with L and Ace.

Either L should have been the one to catch Light, or Light should have won when he killed L.
I wholeheartedly agree. Later on my interest was watered down this way, but ending with one of the two still standing would have been perfect.

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
I was so furious, it wasn't even funny, I kept checking the episodes to make sure :milaugh:
Lmao. I was more emotional about WB than Ace. And tbh, I am not that emotional in general, so it wasn't much lmao.

I didn't like that scene that was omitted from the anime, where they go to L's grave. Light kinda loses it there too much imo.

I wholeheartedly agree. Later on my interest was watered down this way, but ending with one of the two still standing would have been perfect.
Definitely. Don't get me wrong. I love Matt and like Mello as I said. They are awesome.

Takada was ok too imo. But Near is trash. I can't like him lmao. Though, I'll say he was much better in the one shot with Minoru.​

F

Fallen Prince

I like Light , his ideology makes sense though i hate his kills but he had decent reason to do it . I think his flaw was that he believed he knew everything and was overconfident with his schemes that easily lead him to downfall prely back of lack of compassion , morality because of his superiority complex.

Overall Light comes across as best anti villain in the story , he is mixed to me in parts of the it.