Powers & Abilities Debunking Literally Every Argument Against Ryokugyu’s Black Blade

Does Ryokugyu Have A Black Blade?

• Total voters
Yeah fucking right lmfao, you pulled that interpretation from your ass. Referring to non-canon material won’t save Shanks from inferiority to Admirals.

Just accept that Ryokugyu is already a better swordsman than Shanks even without touching his sword. Lol
lol Marine itself hype up Mihawk skill by saying he is better than SHANKS ... not Green Bull

cry me a river Lee cause this is a nail in the head

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
lol Marine itself hype up Mihawk skill by saying he is better than SHANKS ... not Green Bull

cry me a river Lee cause this is a nail in the head
No, it is not lol, and this is the typical assumption ridden opinion I’m used to from the likes of you. So very well, I’ll debunk this nonsense as well and post it to the OP:

“The Marines described Mihawk as having stronger swordsmanship than Shanks. This means Shanks is the second strongest swordsman in the One Piece world, and thus Ryokugyu cannot have a black blade because his swordsmanship is weaker than Shanks’ swordsmanship”

This argument is an extension of the “Ryokugyu is not a swordsman” argument I posted above, and there are several hardcore assumptions built into this argument that have never been proven.

1. Most glaringly, the assumption that because the Marines stated that Mihawk is stronger than Shanks, that this means Shanks is the second strongest swordsman. No. Mihawk is well known for his duels with Shanks, they are world-famous events, whereas as far as we know, Mihawk has never fought Aramaki. This line of dialogue is simply a callback to previously existing story events that we know of: that Shanks and Mihawk once regularly fought, and Mihawk surpassed him.

2. Once again, we have the assumption that achieving a black blade is directly proportional to how much of a swordsman someone is, which has never been stated. As stated previously, the two components of forging a black blade are CoA and Time, nothing else. There are swordsman in the world of One apiece (Shanks, Roger, and Rayleigh for example) who do not focus on CoA but rather CoC, which I’ve already discussed above.

3. What’s weird is that the same person presenting this argument also believes that both Roger and Shanks are stronger than Mihawk, so I would like to point out that this argument is not being presented earnestly or in good faith (like most arguments here) and is just a desperate attempt to prove an agenda. “Aramaki can’t be stronger than Shanks because Shanks doesn’t have a black blade, therefore Aramaki doesn’t have a black blade”…but this user already believes non-black blade users are stronger than Mihawk anyway, lol.

No, it is not lol, and this is the typical assumption ridden opinion I’m used to from the likes of you. So very well, I’ll debunk this nonsense as well and post it to the OP:

“The Marines described Mihawk as having stronger swordsmanship than Shanks. This means Shanks is the second strongest swordsman in the One Piece world, and thus Ryokugyu cannot have a black blade because his swordsmanship is weaker than Shanks’ swordsmanship”

This argument is an extension of the “Ryokugyu is not a swordsman” argument I posted above, and there are several hardcore assumptions built into this argument that have never been proven.

1. Most glaringly, the assumption that because the Marines stated that Mihawk is stronger than Shanks, that this means Shanks is the second strongest swordsman. No. Mihawk is well known for his duels with Shanks, they are world-famous events, whereas as far as we know, Mihawk has never fought Aramaki. This line of dialogue is simply a callback to previously existing story events that we know of: that Shanks and Mihawk once regularly fought, and Mihawk surpassed him.

2. Once again, we have the assumption that achieving a black blade is directly proportional to how much of a swordsman someone is, which has never been stated. As stated previously, the two components of forging a black blade are CoA and Time, nothing else. There are swordsman in the world of One apiece (Shanks, Roger, and Rayleigh for example) who do not focus on CoA but rather CoC, which I’ve already discussed above.

3. What’s weird is that the same person presenting this argument also believes that both Roger and Shanks are stronger than Mihawk, so I would like to point out that this argument is not being presented earnestly or in good faith (like most arguments here) and is just a desperate attempt to prove an agenda. “Aramaki can’t be stronger than Shanks because Shanks doesn’t have a black blade, therefore Aramaki doesn’t have a black blade”…but this user already believes non-black blade users are stronger than Mihawk anyway, lol.
1- no ... it's about Shanks is above all other swordsman in skill other than Mihaw including Green Bull

2- since Shanks fucked Green Bull in hype game ... GB having a black blade is good for Shanks Vs Mihawk debate. but GB didn't earn that much hype. ffs ... this man was a hype tool for Shanks

3- sword skill =/= over all power ... not when I'm debating (nor when Oda is)

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
1- no ... it's about Shanks is above all other swordsman in skill other than Mihaw including Green Bull

2- since Shanks fucked Green Bull in hype game ... GB having a black blade is good for Shanks Vs Mihawk debate. but GB didn't earn that much hype. ffs ... this man was a hype tool for Shanks

3- sword skill =/= over all power ... not when I'm debating (nor when Oda is)
EDITED to keep this thread serious. Troll comments do not deserve responses.

Last edited:
Adding this one here:

“Ryokugyu stole his black blade from Xebec”

Xebec did not have a black blade. This is Xebec’s sword:

Which looks nothing like Aramaki’s Grasscutter.

Sorry to do it to you @ShishioIsBack
Not sure if an image like that determines it..its just showing shadow of the battle..oda can still later determine to give Rocks Black blade. Its not like doing shit like that is new for Oda.

There are some panels of Kaido where he forgot to draw even Oden scar

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Not sure if an image like that determines it..its just showing shadow of the battle..oda can still later determine to give Rocks Black blade. Its not like doing shit like that is new for Oda.

There are some panels of Kaido where he forgot to draw even Oden scar
My guy a black blade would’ve been hilariously easy to draw here, and it doesn’t even look remotely similar to Ryokugyu’s sword lol

Point me to one panel where Oda forgot to draw Shusui or Yoru as black

My guy a black blade would’ve been hilariously easy to draw here, and it doesn’t even look remotely similar to Ryokugyu’s sword lol

Point me to one panel where Oda forgot to draw Shusui or Yoru as black
Do you remember how shitty Marco looked in his first design?

Oda can later decide to give rocks a black blade and completely disregard his drawing of the sword here.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Do you remember how shitty Marco looked in his first design?

Oda can later decide to give rocks a black blade and completely disregard his drawing of the sword here.
He could’ve given Ryokugyu a black Sabre but he didn’t. He gave him a black grasscutter.

Oda not thinking Xebec’s sword through doesn’t matter because he could’ve stayed consistent with the sword design when he drew Ryokugyu lol. But no, they look nothing alike.

I have a different theory for Greenbull’s Black Blade. I believe Green Bull hunted swordsman prior to becoming a marine Admiral, like General Grievous hunted the Jedi and took their Lightsabers. Oda is a fan of star-wars and he likes to have characters get the title of “hunter”, with Mihawk and Zoro being the Marines and Pirate hunters respectively.

GreenBull as a character is also all about innate evolutionary advantages and it’s been highlighted that GreenBull’s devil fruit specifically adapts his body to be strong against cutting attacks:

GreenBull is the type to hunt Swordsman relying on his innate evolutionary advantage from his devil fruit to beat them. Zoro is associated with the color green and likely will fight GreenBull, who will be hunting him as a Swordsman.