Character Discussion Did Zoro’s Wano Feats Live Up to Your Expectation? Did He Surpass It?

What was your expectation of Zoro entering Wano?

• Defeating Queen

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Defeating Jack

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
When Zoro swung Flying Dragon Blaze and he tilted the whole Onigashima Island I just let Oda take the wheel as he's the biggest Zoro fan than me and dream even wilder than I can imagine.

Thanks to all the clues Oda has left, we can also make a solid prediction for Zoro cutting Kaido head off:cheers:
But it really just looks like it has been done for aesthetic purposes. :kaidowhat:

No one even mentioned the entire island tilting. Not on the rooftop, not below.

What was your expectation of Zoro before we enter wano? Did he surprass it or not?

I will start off first. As a zoro fan, I certainly didn't see ZKK as a possibility pre-wano.
I like Zoro, but just didn't see him capable of killing Kaido.

My expectation was that he would extreme-diff King, similar to how Luffy beat Katakuri.
Most people would agree that Hakai + Ashura Scarring Kaido feats are more impressive than beating King.
So from that regard, yes! Zoro has exceeded my expectation of him. Of course if he manages to beat King too, that would expectation overkill.
Woronoa Woro King of Feats. :cheers:

My viewpoint of ZKK goes like this:
ZKK (pre-wano) = 0%
ZKK (after acquiring enma) = 10-15%
ZKK (after scarring Kaido) = 30-40%

If zoro beats King without taking a lot of damages, then that odds gonna shoot up some more :steef:
My ZKK goes like this: there is a swordman who named oden failed to kill kaido and only one who capable to leave a scar on kaido.
When i heard this swordsman i belived ZKK 100% going to happen.

after all those shit it more confirmed by these things
-Kappa said enma carrying oden last will(oden last words with enma- all i need to cut you neck kaido!!)
Zoro rooftop feats manage to leave scar that akayasa 9 together couldnt do
Zoros coc confirmed
Kaido cant die even he couldnt kill himself
All those shit confirm zkk more than it needed

ZKK inevitable

Lived them up without a doubt, the Grandmaster is a combat prodige.

Not by chance some me included here are calculating that Zoro has finally reached yonko level and tackling the sheer blast energy of Hakai is what had messed with him to the point his performance was massively altered.

His stats overall speak in his behalf.

I may not wank Zoro as much as some of the other users here, but Zoro totally blown my expectation in this arc. At the beginning of Wano, I thought that Zoro will fight King as a extreme diff fight similar to Zoro vs Mr. 1 and Luffy vs Lucci/Katakuri (love those fights). And then the Tobi Roppo got introduced and one of them is a Triceratops user so I thought Zoro vs Sasaki as a warm-up fight would be a nice call back to Little Garden arc where Zoro took down a trike dinosaur. And then Zoro demonstrates fairly well at the beginning of the rooftop fight, I already foresaw Zoro fighting/scarring Kaido the moment he receives Enma. And then Zoro cutting Onigashima's horn was dope. During the latter fight, Zoro blocked two Yonko's Hakai attack which I don't think anybody saw that coming, and still be able to fight afterward. That's impressive. Zoro then pulled out Asura (which most people thinks that's no longer a thing) and scarred Hybrid form Kaido. Yes Zoro lost but he did the most work out of all the Supernova did on the roof. And Zoro got back down and might fight King after Chopper heals him which is my main expectation of Zoro this arc.

Others have already said my thoughts but coming into Wano I thought Zoro was going to extreme diff King and unlock CoC.

Then he got Enma and I thought he was going to high diff King, scar Kaido and unlock CoC. When we got to the raid I started considering he might kill Kaido.

Then he got to the roof top and he completely blew my expectations away by blocking Hakai. He also checked off scarring Kaido & unlocking CoC.

And now I expect him to high/extreme diff King while nerfed and hopefully go on to kill Kaido.

So basically every step of the way Zoro has pushed my expectations higher and higher while checking off some of the things I expected/came to expect along the way.

I came in expecting Zoro to leave as YC1+ and now I’m expecting him to leave high admiral level.

Last edited:
The fact that he left a scar on Kaido exceeded my expectations as far as power level. Loved seeing Ashura again. I do still expect a fight with King in the next Act after Marco heals him.

The fact that the arc is not centered around him and the rest of the Supernovas though did not meet my expectations. I mean Zoro had this cool ass moment on the roof but the buildup to it was non-existent because Oda's doesn't give the SH's the character development they need. Zoro should have been training as a swordsman with badass samurai in Wano to lead up to his big moment with Kaido. Instead we are focusing on Otama, Luffy pushing rocks in Udon, and shitty Scabbards.

I may not wank Zoro as much as some of the other users here, but Zoro totally blown my expectation in this arc. At the beginning of Wano, I thought that Zoro will fight King as a extreme diff fight similar to Zoro vs Mr. 1 and Luffy vs Lucci/Katakuri (love those fights). And then the Tobi Roppo got introduced and one of them is a Triceratops user so I thought Zoro vs Sasaki as a warm-up fight would be a nice call back to Little Garden arc where Zoro took down a trike dinosaur. And then Zoro demonstrates fairly well at the beginning of the rooftop fight, I already foresaw Zoro fighting/scarring Kaido the moment he receives Enma. And then Zoro cutting Onigashima's horn was dope. During the latter fight, Zoro blocked two Yonko's Hakai attack which I don't think anybody saw that coming, and still be able to fight afterward. That's impressive. Zoro then pulled out Asura (which most people thinks that's no longer a thing) and scarred Hybrid form Kaido. Yes Zoro lost but he did the most work out of all the Supernova did on the roof. And Zoro got back down and might fight King after Chopper heals him which is my main expectation of Zoro this arc.
In a nutshell...

Meh. Oda handled it quite poorly, to the point that Zoro scarring Kaido felt way less significant than the Scabbards failing at opening his scar. His greatest achievement is stopping for a moment the emperors combined attack; which is by itself an empty feat because we lack references for comparison so nothing really supports it isn't something others would be able to do if plot required them to. I didn't have much expectations, though, but I guess the ideas behind what he did showed a good performance.

I came in expecting Zoro to leave as YC1+ and now I’m expecting him to leave high admiral level.
what would zoro do to make you think he will be high admiral lv by end of wano?
imo, i think the gap between YC1 and admiral is quite big.
I can see Zoro sitting somewhere between this gap by the end of wano, leaning closer to the admiral spectrum.

The fact that he left a scar on Kaido exceeded my expectations as far as power level. Loved seeing Ashura again. I do still expect a fight with King in the next Act after Marco heals him.

The fact that the arc is not centered around him and the rest of the Supernovas though did not meet my expectations. I mean Zoro had this cool ass moment on the roof but the buildup to it was non-existent because Oda's doesn't give the SH's the character development they need. Zoro should have been training as a swordsman with badass samurai in Wano to lead up to his big moment with Kaido. Instead we are focusing on Otama, Luffy pushing rocks in Udon, and shitty Scabbards.
This is the biggest complaint i am hearing from a lot of people.
Wano is weird because it is supposed to represent "Japan", so perhaps Oda is trying to over-display Japanese elements with the emphasis on 9 scabbards.
At this point, I am convinced that Oda knows that he can get away from slow-pacing and just writes whatever he pleases.
Post automatically merged:

Beating King Extreme diff was my initial expectations for Zoro this arc. Now, this may just be a tertiary accomplishment after scarring Hybrid Kaido and potentially killing him.
Honestly extreme diff King is a feat of its own, considering how hard it was for Luffy to defeat Katakuri.
The fact that it is not going to be zoro's biggest feat in wano is just mind-blowing.

what would zoro do to make you think he will be high admiral lv by end of wano?
imo, i think the gap between YC1 and admiral is quite big.
I can see Zoro sitting somewhere between this gap by the end of wano, leaning closer to the admiral spectrum.
So using the battle forum tier list, I’d put YC1 into High High Tier & Admirals into Mid Top Tier.

Zoro’s feats on the roof already are more than I’d expect from a YC1. I don’t believe Katakuri or King could scar Kaido. And I don’t think either could take Hakai on however briefly.

Luffy beat Katakuri in WCI, and even though that victory is overall suspect, by the end I think it’s fair to say Luffy ~ Katakuri. Then Kaido absolutely demolished Luffy in one shot from a far far weaker attack than Hakai. Now, I’m willing to accept Luffy being one shot as PIS. But even if a one shot was too far by Oda, I think that shows thay rooftop Zoro > Luffy during round 1 with Kaido. Which means Zoro > Katakuri.

So that already has me putting Zoro over YC1. Then if Zoro defeats King while still nerfed from Hakai (I’m not expecting Chopper to fully recover him 100%), that shows the gap between Zoro & a YC1 to be even greater.

And I’m also not ruling out Zoro either forging a black blade in Wano whether it be against King or Kaido, or Zoro developing his ability to put CoC into his attacks now that he’s aware he has it. If he does even 1 of those things, which both would be major power ups IMO, while beating King pre injured I’m willing to put Zoro in the tier of Admirals.

Coming out of Wano I expect the SH’s to be approaching their end game but not there yet. And I think Zoro will be Yonko level by EOS. So that puts him in striking distance while still having room to grow.

Last edited:
Agree. I don't consider Hakai as the strongest attack shown so far as many suggest, but overall Zoro surpassed my expectations, I expected him to do some damage with enma against Kaido, but he did better than I expected him to do, same goes for the others supernova who I thought could never manage to fight Kaido and Big Mom together. All I expected from Zoro was an extreme fight against King and a scar on kaido's body after a surprise attack, he maneged to impress me by doing more than that. Thinking about Sasaki, I would have liked to see a Zoro and Sanji vs Sasaki and Who's who as a match-up, they somehow give me Zoro and Sanji's vibes.

I was expecting him to defeat only Kaido. King could be either for Sanji or Marco doesn't matter.

I was never expect him to tank Hakai.

But I will soon make a post explaining why we shouldn't be satisfacted with Zoro in Wano.
Post automatically merged:

Agree. I don't consider Hakai as the strongest attack shown so far as many suggest, but overall Zoro surpassed my expectations, I expected him to do some damage with enma against Kaido, but he did better than I expected him to do, same goes for the others supernova who I thought could never manage to fight Kaido and Big Mom together. All I expected from Zoro was an extreme fight against King and a scar on kaido's body after a surprise attack, he maneged to impress me by doing more than that. Thinking about Sasaki, I would have liked to see a Zoro and Sanji vs Sasaki and Who's who as a match-up, they somehow give me Zoro and Sanji's vibes.
If is not Hakai what it is?

Zoro carry the whole team.:cheers:
Yeah, I was thinking of Sanji vs Page One fight as a warm up but WsW is cool too. And back in Little Garden arc, Sanji already neg diffed Sabertooth tiger and ride on top of it so it will be a good call back lol.

So using the battle forum tier list, I’d put YC1 into High High Tier & Admirals into Mid Top Tier.

Zoro’s feats on the roof already are more than I’d expect from a YC1. I don’t believe Katakuri or King could scar Kaido. And I don’t think either could take Hakai on however briefly.

Luffy beat Katakuri in WCI, and even though that victory is overall suspect, by the end I think it’s fair to say Luffy ~ Katakuri. Then Kaido absolutely demolished Luffy in one shot from a far far weaker attack than Hakai. Now, I’m willing to accept Luffy being one shot as PIS. But even if a one shot was too far by Oda, I think that shows thay rooftop Zoro > Luffy during round 1 with Kaido. Which means Zoro > Katakuri.

So that already has me putting Zoro over YC1. Then if Zoro defeats King while still nerfed from Hakai (I’m not expecting Chopper to fully recover him 100%), that shows the gap between Zoro & a YC1 to be even greater.

And I’m also not ruling out Zoro either forging a black blade in Wano whether it be against King or Kaido, or Zoro developing his ability to put CoC into his attacks now that he’s aware he has it. If he does even 1 of those things, which both would be major power ups IMO, while beating King pre injured I’m willing to put Zoro in the tier of Admirals.

Coming out of Wano I expect the SH’s to be approaching their end game but not there yet. And I think Zoro will be Yonko level by EOS. So that puts him in striking distance while still having room to grow.
This is a thorough analysis that i can concur with.
Btw, where did you find this battle forum tier list?

Agree that luffy getting one-shot by Kaido first-round is PIS and way to hype up how strong Kaido is, so I didn't really factor that too much into evaluating Luffy's strength. Although I do find it as a convenient argument tool against Luffy fans when situation warrants it. :suresure:

So my expectation is if a 80% zoro can defeat King, that would put him very close to admiral level. I anticipate this to be a high/extreme diff situation nontheless. If it is mid diff, which i highly doubt it, then yes it would easily put him at admiral level.

I don't anticipate zoro to forge a black blade yet... but if he does, then yea, he is gonna be toe-to-toe with fuji and greenbull.

As far as ZKK goes, if he just kills Kaido after he has been mortally wounded, I am not sure this will add much to his powerscaling.