Character Discussion Do You like Eustass Kid as a character?

Do You?

• Total voters
That doesn't mean it's impressive lmao.
from what perspective?

Kid’s punk rotten form is larger than G4 Luffy. His bull form even more so. If you discount Luffy’s advanced haki, Kid’s forms have better feats.

The only reason it wasn’t impressive is because he fought yonko and not a commander.

making BM cough up blood= critically wounding or KOing a commander
Post automatically merged:

That mountain line was gold you must be high up the wazoo rn.

Btw what chapter was that mountain line

from what perspective?

Kid’s punk rotten form is larger than G4 Luffy. His bull form even more so. If you discount Luffy’s advanced haki, Kid’s forms have better feats.

The only reason it wasn’t impressive is because he fought yonko and not a commander.

making BM cough up blood= critically wounding or KOing a commander

Yeah I like the structures but he should do more.
He's not bad with his fruit, he's somewhat creative, but he could do more.

Yeah I like the structures but he should do more.
He's not bad with his fruit, he's somewhat creative, but he could do more.
I think a big part of it is the art.
Oda has so much stuff he needs to cram into a chapter that he can't just focus on one thing. As a result the art suffers. He doesn't have the time and space to truly depict the gravity of situations.

Like with that scene, I understand why people think its not impressive. That attack, while conceptually viable, just looks goofy on paper.

Still, doesn't change the fact that that bull is absolutely massive. Look at how big it is compared to the tiny people below. Or how it fucked BM up.

I think a big part of it is the art.
Oda has so much stuff he needs to cram into a chapter that he can't just focus on one thing. As a result the art suffers. He doesn't have the time and space to truly depict the gravity of situations.

Like with that scene, I understand why people think its not impressive. That attack, while conceptually viable, just looks goofy on paper.

Still, doesn't change the fact that that bull is absolutely massive. Look at how big it is compared to the tiny people below. Or how it fucked BM up.
Yeah Oda also went to writing with a different tool iirc, a key indicator of this is the stark contrast between Base Lucci and Luffy clashing in Enies Lobby and Awakened Lucci and Luffy in Egghead. A lot of people seem to pick up on that one in particular, and I don't blame em.
Art's still good though.
Also like I said before, the fancy structures, Assign, and the Railgun are pretty good, but what if he used the magnetic/electric waves in the air mixed with Observation to see everyone like Enel did?

Do you know how heavy metal is?

car crashes are like one of the leading causes of death
You're talking like this is real life, pre ts Zoro lift a whole building, pre ts Luffy could tear apart 2 buildings. This isn't impressive in OP world. The way Oda used his df is lame, I guess he didn't want to copy Magneto but aside from Kidd fans almost everybody is disappointed, and you guys think it's because we're haters

Yeah but using magnetic force to create a powerful rail gun is
One attack during the whole arc, but it's good if you are satisfied with that

This isn't impressive in OP world.
I guess people cannot conceive the possibility that if you throw a large enough piece of metal hard enough, it can in fact be deadly.

It's literally the same fighting style as Fujitora's. Fujitora does the exact same thing as Kid, he just uses more stuff.

I'm guessing the next time we see Kid on elbaf, he'll have mastered assign to the point where he can just magnetize his surroundings and throw them like fujitora.

I guess people cannot conceive the possibility that if you throw a large enough piece of metal hard enough, it can in fact be deadly.
I don't know dude, it didn't seem impressive but maybe it was for some people
I'm guessing the next time we see Kid on elbaf, he'll have mastered assign to the point where he can just magnetize his surroundings and throw them like fujitora.
That would be better even though I am also not impressed by Fujitora

Pantheos

Heavy Metal

It's literally the same fighting style as Fujitora's. Fujitora does the exact same thing as Kid, he just uses more stuff.

Let him build up a huge armor, mechalike, on elbaf, the island of giants and then use asign... Where he suddenly pulls the sword from Onigashima.

-gets angry at Hawkins even though he did not betray him
-let's Apoo chill with him after betraying him
-claims he would die for Luffy (basically dying for Luffy to be pirate king) than letting big mom reach the roof
-claims he will take Kaido's head= does 1 slam to Kaido and fucks off to fight Big Mom???

His character is all over the place. But at least he's more fun on the screen than Law's boring ass

He is a cool character, I like how he acts very tough, but his actions shows how kind he is for his nakamas just as he keeps his word.

Like when he saved Nami and Usopp from Big Mom, of course it wasn't coincidence, he rushed to stop her. When he was damn mad for betrayal and bla bla bla. Nice character.

-gets angry at Hawkins even though he did not betray him
-let's Apoo chill with him after betraying him
-claims he would die for Luffy (basically dying for Luffy to be pirate king) than letting big mom reach the roof
-claims he will take Kaido's head= does 1 slam to Kaido and fucks off to fight Big Mom???

His character is all over the place. But at least he's more fun on the screen than Law's boring ass
Hawkins did betray him lol. How is joining your enemy not betrayal?

I very much liked the idea of Eustass Kid pre-skip.

What we ended up getting when he got entered the spotlight was one of my great One Piece let-downs. He was brought into the main story too late and didn’t do anything interesting when he was in it.

It’s pretty hard for me to care about him in Elbaf when Oda failed to make me care for him in the 150 chapters of Wano.

Kid and Law should have been combined into one character.

Was one of my favorite characters, really looked forward to what he could become but it all went to waste. Idk what it was I guess I expected too much after the special treatment Law received pre Wano despite Kid having the most room and potential for growth right from their introductions in Sabaody.