Character Discussion Do you really think Luffy's real rival is Kid?

Kid who is one of the supernovas seems to be much appreciated by the community and some see him as Luffy's rival par excellence.

However not that this is the case even if there are parallels between the 2.

I will start by recalling the fact that the supernovas were not planned from the base it is only an idea of an editor who proposed it to Oda.

In other words without the Supernovas the story would have been the same

I will first start talking about the similarities between Luffy and Kid and then I will tell you why for me Kid will not be Luffy's real rival.

Common points :
They each have a member of their crew who is SN

They always run into the crowd

They want the One Piece

They were in jail together

They wanted to face the emperors even if they had not had the same success at all.

They have the haki of kings But in reality if we go further they don't have the same mentality, same perception of life, of pirate not the same destiny. First of all, the behavior towards other pirates First of all we know that Kid kills people who laugh at his dreams which is totally different from Luffy In the arc Jaya Bellamy it is made fun of dreamy Pirates like Luffy or Blackbeard.

But Luffy and Zoro didn't fight, they did the same as Shanks at the start of the manga. Luffy has the same mentality as these people. Remember Teach's words to Nami "Luffy and Zoro won this fight by not fighting"

Which means that the mentality and the will of people like Luffy is much greater than that of characters like Kid or Bellamy who only want to use violence and who are not cold blooded. Unlike Teach, Luffy Then secondly I wanted to talk about the destiny which is completely different between Luffy and Kid. Luffy is still compared and admired by the elders of the One Piece world what about Kid? Why didn't Raiyleigh train him? Why is Luffy compared to Roger? Why is Kid not compared to Whitebeard? There are many other examples that I could not list here. There is another point I wanted to say is the lead that Luffy has over Kid in terms of power, in One Piece, in terms of fleet, allies, and crew. Since arriving in the new world Luffy has beaten three commanders in less than 2 months. For 2 years Kid hurt a sweet commander it's good but it looks really pale compared to Luffy to be honest.

On top of that Kid seems not to have the same Haki level as Luffy, the latter being trained by the Pirates' right-hand man at the same time.

In addition to that at the One Piece level, Kid has no one to read him the poneglyphs, Luffy to Nico Robin Luffy has 2 out of 4 Road Poneglyphs in his possession. Kid has 0, well we will say 1 possibly (BM but that would surprise me) Luffy has more than 5,600 on his men without counting the allies he has had from island to island since the beginning of the manga.

Luffy's real rival is Blackbeard, we can even say that Teach is both the rival and the enemy of rival of Luffy.

Both at the same time The 2 are D The 2 are the reincarnation of Gol D Roger and Rocks D Xebec

The 2 are on a meteoric rise Both are related to Ace and Whitebeard The 2 have a similar crew Snipper, Doctor, Saber, The 2 seem to have the same number of people in their crews.

Both are related to Im and One Piece

Both are ahead of other worst generation hackers

They spoke to Jaya at the same time and in opposite ways and the same at the same time in the restaurant.

Blackbeard is related to Shanks the mentor of Luffy.

Luffy seems to be the light of D Teach seems to be the darkness of D So much to say about all of this.

Blackbeard is Luffy's rival but not Kid.

Already made a detailed thread and a lot of discussions about this topic :zosleepy:
I did not know but you what do you think of that which is the rival of Luffy for you ?
Post automatically merged:

Kidd is not Luffy’s rival because Luffy is much stronger than Kidd. Same goes for Smoker.

Luffy’s only rival at this point is Blackbeard
This is what I think now

I don't see how Kid in terms of story and destiny is Luffy's rival. Rocks was Luffy's rival from Sengoku's words they seemed to already have a destiny etc Like Luffy and Teach
Kidd is not supposed to be Xebec from the New Generation, that's reserved for Blackbeard who is a nemesis to Luffy just like Xebec was a nemesis to Roger.
Kidd is a rival, he's supposed to grow at the same pace with Luffy, one way or another, now that Luffy got adv. CoA Kidd will get something else (adv. CoA mid fight, Awakening etc...)
You can keep believing that he's not supposed to have that role but that's coming whether you like it or not, don't want to read y'all complaining about bad writing when it happens
:tchpepe:

i mean we have a panel of kidd being confused at how luffy’s punch can make kaido bleed

It makes sense why people doubt kidd at the moment
He doesn't have that skill/ability and didn't know the existence, is normal that he's surprised.
This just sets up Kidd for showing something as impressive as Luffy's, but probably different.
Damn, after 1007 chapters of One Piece you really fall for these tricks?

Kidd is not supposed to be Xebec from the New Generation, that's reserved for Blackbeard who is a nemesis to Luffy just like Xebec was a nemesis to Roger.
Kidd is a rival, he's supposed to grow at the same pace with Luffy, one way or another, now that Luffy got adv. CoA Kidd will get something else (adv. CoA mid fight, Awakening etc...)
You can keep believing that he's not supposed to have that role but that's coming whether you like it or not, don't want to read y'all complaining about bad writing when it happens
A nemesis could also be a rival.
It was obvious that Oda planned for blakcbeard to be luffy's rival when they met at mocktown.
Blakcbeard is Luffy's rival.

It seems to me that Sengoku did say that Xebec was Roger's rival and not an enemy.