General & Others Do Zoro fans still want King ?

Do Zoro fans still want King ?

• Yes

Votes: 46 61.3%
  • No

Votes: 29 38.7%

• Total voters

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
This thread has nothing to do with ZKK. I just wanna see how many of my Zoro peeps still want Daddy King ? Since I'm seeing everywhere Zoro fans getting excited for King.....

So im interested how many of yall want Zoro vs King ?
Post automatically merged:

Ugh I gotta do this again...
King vs Sanji ftw.

Either King or Queen vs Zoro is just delaying ZKK anyway, but I'm a little torn about this.

King's design and characteristic (especially with his sword) are a little too spot on for him to be Zoro's opponent, but having a YC1 defeated by a half-dead Zoro will likely erase any excitement for future YC1 possibilities. However, not having him fight Zoro also seems like a waste.

Queen, while a far cry from the usual characteristic of Zoro's opponent, seems a safer bet, since they already interacted before and Zoro already ruined both Queen's plan & main weapon. Add to it the possibility of Sanji dumping Zoro into Hiyori and Queen's crush on Hiyori, the chances of Zoro vs Queen is not entirely out yet. Especially since Queen, as we have seen, is very petty and pragmatic. Earlier on the live floor, he was already shocked by Zoro. Now that Zoro isn't 100% anymore, it will be the perfect chance for him to gain revenge. There's also the fact that it is not unusual for a YC2 to get shit on by Oda. We have seen them one-shot twice and getting shown out twice. So, half-dead Zoro destroying a YC2 like Queen isn't going to ruin anyone's credibility.

TL;DR: My heart says King, but my head says Queen.

Nah King doesn't probably confer hype unless Zoro utterly annihilates him whilst standing in rather pitiful conditions.

I'm exigent when it comes to Zoro in that I'm consistently aware of his possibiltiies.
Do you think Zoro dogwalking King the way he is right now would destroy any credibility of the YC1 position?

King's design and characteristic (especially with his sword) are a little too spot on for him to be Zoro's opponent, but having a YC1 defeated by a half-dead Zoro will likely erase any excitement for future YC1 possibilities. However, not having him fight Zoro also seems like a waste.
Factors to consider for this tho:

Marco landing some good shots on King/Queen

Sanji and scabbards switching out Marco and Chopper, two doctors one with regen powers to recover Zoro to some extend

Use scabbards as hypetool for the Calamities, Zoro/Sanji vs King/Queen when Zoro recovers enough

Factors to consider for this tho:

Marco landing some good shots on King/Queen

Sanji and scabbards switching out Marco and Chopper, two doctors one with regen powers to recover Zoro to some extend

Use scabbards as hypetool for the Calamities, Zoro/Sanji vs King/Queen when Zoro recovers enough
Good point, but my concerns are these:

1. The shots Marco landed on King/Queen were likely not as extensive to the point of breaking 20-30 bones of theirs like Hakai. Minor injuries at best.

2. I recall Marco saying that his regen could not help others way too much cause it still depends on the condition of the recipients'. And you said it yourself "when Zoro recovers enough". That means it will likely still be 50% - 70% Zoro vs 90% King/Queen. Whichever of the 2 Zoro defeats, it's still nerfed Zoro winning. At this point of the story, YC2 already lost a lot of flare and, if Zoro bodies King right now, WC1 won't YC1 lose it, too?

Also, which of the scabbards aside from Inu are likely to deal with Calamities? I can see Denjiro and Kawa, but that's all. The rest seems to be busy with their own objectives.

Good point, but my concerns are these:

1. The shots Marco landed on King/Queen were likely not as extensive to the point of breaking 20-30 bones of theirs like Hakai. Minor injuries at best.

2. I recall Marco saying that his regen could not help others way too much cause it still depends on the condition of the recipients'. And you said it yourself "when Zoro recovers enough". That means it will likely still be 50% - 70% Zoro vs 90% King/Queen. Whichever of the 2 Zoro defeats, it's still nerfed Zoro winning. At this point of the story, YC2 already lost a lot of flare and, if Zoro bodies King right now, WC1 won't YC1 lose it, too?

Also, which of the scabbards aside from Inu are likely to deal with Calamities? I can see Denjiro and Kawa, but that's all. The rest seems to be busy with their own objectives.
The fight was off screened, we aren't sure how worn out Calamities are by now, but adding the fact that:

Sanji, Kawa, and Izo are going to the Live Floor, with Zoro, we didn't see Denjiro in the chapter, but maybe he will go with them too. Don't think it's a coincidence two doctors are there fighting alongside.

This is OP mate, Oda will work around the stamina issue for Zoro allowing Marco to use his flames on him, I am not saying he will recover completely, just to some extend. So he recovers to some extend thanks to Marco/Chopper's efforts, Calamities take out the Scabbards, Zoro comes in in a 2v2 with Sanji vs King/Queen. Would give King/Queen enough hype this way also, possibly almost beating Marco, beating several scabbards before Zoro shows up after his recovery.

No one expected Apoo to get up after that serious drawn panel of Zoro cutting him but here we are.

Tbh Oda IS a master at deception.

Even i who was dead on Zoro vs King abandoned the idea completely when Kaido went hybrid in 1003.

Later Oda threw a curveball with Hakai to remove Zoro from the fight and now the chances of him facing King are back to quite high probabilities.

So yeah I'm on board with Zoro facing King.

Maybe both King and Queen didn't show much against Marco because they were both reserved for Zoro and Sanji afterall.

What do you think about it @Ice devil slayer ? I know you were against that from the beggining of the raid.

First they wanted Zoro vs King and hyped him up to be Yonkou level.
Then they wanted Zoro 1 vs 1 Kaidou and killing him - didn't work out.
And at the same time they started to down play King like crazy, because they thought Sanji would fight him.
Now that Zoro is back under the Dome, they all of a sudden want him to fight King and hype him up again.

Pathetic.

The fight was off screened, we aren't sure how worn out Calamities are by now, but adding the fact that:

Sanji, Kawa, and Izo are going to the Live Floor, with Zoro, we didn't see Denjiro in the chapter, but maybe he will go with them too. Don't think it's a coincidence two doctors are there fighting alongside.

This is OP mate, Oda will work around the stamina issue for Zoro allowing Marco to use his flames on him, I am not saying he will recover completely, just to some extend. So he recovers to some extend thanks to Marco/Chopper's efforts, Calamities take out the Scabbards, Zoro comes in in a 2v2 with Sanji vs King/Queen. Would give King/Queen enough hype this way also, possibly almost beating Marco, beating several scabbards before Zoro shows up after his recovery.

No one expected Apoo to get up after that serious drawn panel of Zoro cutting him but here we are.
This makes sense. Although I still don't think Sanji will solo a YC this arc.

Roronoa-sama

Magic Sword, Magic Swordsman, and Can Cut Anything
First they wanted Zoro vs King and hyped him up to be Yonkou level.
Then they wanted Zoro 1 vs 1 Kaidou and killing him - didn't work out.
And at the same time they started to down play King like crazy, because they thought Sanji would fight him.
Now that Zoro is back under the Dome, they all of a sudden want him to fight King and hype him up again.

Pathetic.
only candiboys like ling for me and the most zorofanboys ling is a fodder for ever

Tbh Oda IS a master at deception.

Even i who was dead on Zoro vs King abandoned the idea completely when Kaido went hybrid in 1003.

Later Oda threw a curveball with Hakai to remove Zoro from the fight and now the chances of him facing King are back to quite high probabilities.

So yeah I'm on board with Zoro facing King.

Maybe both King and Queen didn't show much against Marco because they were both reserved for Zoro and Sanji afterall.

What do you think about it @Ice devil slayer ? I know you were against that from the beggining of the raid.
My stance didnt change at all
He already proved that hes above the calamities by a good margin against hybrid kaido

We already saw his maximum
I want him to rest atm and then comes back against Kaido or even help defeat BM

i will also say in each battle they go through
there is also the feeling of being an underdog
growth and then coming out on top
to heighten the stakes in this battle
every straw-hat seems to be punching vastly above their weight bar jimbei .

zoro would have felt like an underdog in this if he had to solo king had he not gone to the roof to look like he was already at that level and possibly slightly above depending on what king can do. sanji by comparison
has fuck all feats mostly post ts so that underdog feeling against a calamity is still there
a lot of growth to be had.

rather see him help with kaido or big mom than a king solo at this point.