Speculations Does King have CoC (POLL Below)

Does King have CoC

• Total voters

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
β€Ž
This is a tricky one because of how the Beast Pirates are seemingly comprised. The theme seems to be that Kaido had gathered his crew through defeating and breaking the Wills of those who serve under him. Hard to imagine that someone with CoC would submit to another due to sheer force. Whether or not this is to be the case for his Calamities though, remains to be seen. I'm more towards on the yes factor that King has it, because to me it would be weird to have a character named King, yet he doesn't actually have King's Haki, but if he didn't have it I wouldn't be surprised due to, as mentioned above.
King and Queen are, so far, a special case.
They were already with Crydo during his invasion to Wano, and already were highlighted as monsters.

Since we have confirmation Kaido was tested on by Vegapunk even before, MAYBE King was also a test subject there and Kaido set him free. So King genuinely follows Kaido not because he is broken or something, but because he actually wants to follow him.
Also, maybe Queen worked there as some kind of assistant, and was the one who set them free. He decided to follow Kaido because reasons.
Maybe we will learn these things when we inevitably have Kaido's flashback.

They were already with Crydo during his invasion to Wano, and already were highlighted as monsters.

Since we have confirmation Kaido was tested on by Vegapunk even before, MAYBE King was also a test subject there and Kaido set him free. So King genuinely follows Kaido not because he is broken or something, but because he actually wants to follow him.
Also, maybe Queen worked there as some kind of assistant, and was the one who set them free. He decided to follow Kaido because reasons.
Yeah, I've already had the same speculation on Kaido, which is why I am on the yes aspect of King having it. But we can't rule out the other possibility given the theme of the Beast Pirates. For King and Queen however it's most likely that they probably just admire his strength.

Doggo

β€Ž
Yeah, I've already had the same speculation on Kaido, which is why I am on the yes aspect of King having it. But we can't rule out the other possibility given the theme of the Beast Pirates. For King and Queen however it's most likely that they probably just admire his strength.
Also Jack.
Kaido had no remorse calling Doflamingo a weakling, treating his subordinates as pure fodder.
But Jack? Jack was gonna get killed and Kaido intervened to protect him. Even gave him some nice words of "you are not weak. those two are just too strong".
A COMPLETELY different treatment.

I think possible both King and Queen have COC since they are fighting Macro back to back and neither have revealed their full power yet.

Also no Zoro isn't fighting King. He already have his shine with Kaido and too hurt to face someone of King. Plus Sky Battle more fitting to him than going on ground to fight if we being honest here.

To add onto some more stuff, Oda in typical fashion makes ppl more unique with backstory if he gives CoC. For Katakuri it was his perfect record and CoO mastery, for Kid, his journey thru the world and getting his ass kicked and still coming back to fight Kaido.

For King it’s the fact that he’s the sole member of an extinct race, and may be juxtaposed with the character he fights and their background.

Doggo

β€Ž
To add onto some more stuff, Oda in typical fashion makes ppl more unique with backstory if he gives CoC. For Katakuri it was his perfect record and CoO mastery, for Kid, his journey thru the world and getting his ass kicked and still coming back to fight Kaido.

For King it’s the fact that he’s the sole member of an extinct race, and may be juxtaposed with the character he fights and their background.
I have a take on that.
You may not like it.

King is Superman.
Sanji is Goku.
The last Son of Krypton (last member of his race)
vs
The Sayan Failure (he was called a failure from the Vinsmokes)

:usoprice:

I have a take on that.
You may not like it.

King is Superman.
Sanji is Goku.
vs

After the recent chapter I’m reminded of a theory from a year ago that said both Sanji and Zoro would fight Kaido. After seeing the overwhelming number of frustrating parallels betw King and Sanji and also King with Zoro, I think Oda is setting up this fight for the two vs King.

So I think it may happen and I hate it :few:
Post automatically merged:

I have a take on that.
You may not like it.

King is Superman.
Sanji is Goku.
vs

Also.. how is King Superman?

Doggo

β€Ž
After the recent chapter I’m reminded of a theory from a year ago that said both Sanji and Zoro would fight Kaido. After seeing the overwhelming number of frustrating parallels betw King and Sanji and also King with Zoro, I think Oda is setting up this fight for the two vs King.

So I think it may happen and I hate it :few:
Post automatically merged:

Also.. how is King Superman?
Kal-El was the last member of the kryptonian race (after we had others, but I'm considering just the original concept).
King is the only member of his race alive (that we are aware).

About the Zoro and Sanji vs King.

Honestly, I would rather have Sanji vs Queen and Zoro vs King.
Easily.

:zosleepy:

King deserves more focus and I think there's a good chance he'll have Conqueror's haki. Man is capable of getting the Flying Six to listen to him despite the Beast Pirates being the most strength-driven crew where everyone is trying to outclass everyone to prove themselves. His strength speaks for itself and he's treated as Kaido's closest subordinate (like that panel with Kaido killing Orochi after borrowing King's sword). I think he has it. Plus, would fit with Kaido trying to get Conqueror's under him and thinking there's more than enough around as things are. We'll see. If King doesn't have it, I don't think anyone from Kaido's crew has it. Queen having it isn't impossible but it'd be weird if King didn't have it while he did.

Last edited:

Doggo

β€Ž
King deserves more focus and I think there's a good chance he'll have Conqueror's haki. Man is capable of getting the Flying Six to listen to him despite the Beast Pirates being the most strength-driven crew where everyone is trying to outclass everyone to prove themselves. His strength speaks for itself and he's treated as Kaido's closest subordinate (like that panel with Kaido killing Orochi after borrowing King's sword). I think he has it. Plus, would fit with Kaido trying to get Conqueror's under him and thinking there's more than enough around as things are. We'll see. If King doesn't have it, I don't think anyone from Kaido's crew has it.
King had to lie to them because Sasaki and Whoswho wouldn't have listened to him.
So there's that.

If King has CoC I think that's a wrap on the potential Sanji matchup here, but we'll see.

Not to be that guy, but Oda just made it a big deal for Zoro to have it. It would then make sense if he fought the other CoC user here if thats the case. Sanji fighting a conquer user doesn't make much sense and I can't see him stepping on Zoro's thunder if that was the case because Zoro barely even knows he has it yet. And it's fine if that's the case. I don't expect Sanji have it anyway.

Haki literally is a term of ambition. Nothing about Sanji's dream specifies anything conqueror worthy anyway, and thats OK:kayneshrug:

King had to lie to them because Sasaki and Whoswho wouldn't have listened to him.
So there's that.
Oh, yeah. That shouldn't be overlooked but he gives out orders like to the Beast Pirates regarding the wounded Scabbards (that Black Maria listened to) and in general, he's been taking the initiative this Raid. He still thought up the plan to bribe them with the opportunity to face him/Jack, I recall. He lied that Kaido called them together though so it's clear he doesn't garner enough respect, given the type of crew it is.

Oh, yeah. That shouldn't be overlooked but he gives out orders like to the Beast Pirates regarding the wounded Scabbards (that Black Maria listened to) and in general, he's been taking the initiative this Raid. He still thought up the plan to bribe them with the opportunity to face him/Jack, I recall. He lied that Kaido called them together though so it's clear he doesn't garner enough respect, given the type of crew it is.
Technically all three Calamities have given orders to the Flying Six in this arc.