Powers & Abilities Does Yamato Have Haoshoku?

Does Yamato Have Haoshoku?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Genetics empirically play a role in COC.

All other confirmed only children of Top Tiers had Haoshoku:
  • Garp & Dragon
  • Dragon & Luffy
  • Roger & Ace

Even Katakuri inherited it from Linlin.

Of the above pairs, Yamato is most analogous to Ace.

Yamato has a very strong desire to be free from Kaido:

She has a very strong desire to be free:

She sought out strength:

What strong desire to rule over others did:
  • Whitebeard have?
  • Ace have?
    • At 8 years old?
  • Oden have?

I vehemently disagree with this. My gosh, this is a complete and total misinterpretation of Yamato's character.

Here's a thread explaining what Oden meant to Yamato:

No, her ambition is to be free:
Genetics having any role whatsoever is pure speculation. Genetics were indirectly brought up in a vague manner once referring to CoC while innate personality was brought up 1000 times, and that is irrelevant to genetics.

Desire to be free is irrelevant to CoC. Not every dream is CoC lol

And nothing I said was wrong. Her ambition and character is literally "be free, be Oden, save Momo and make him great cuz that's what Oden would want"

It's mostly just Oden this or Oden that.

Idk what says anything related to Conqueror about her or what even hints at her having even slightest disposition of a king. If wanting to not be a chained captive meant CoC then everyone's CoC user.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
Genetics having any role whatsoever is pure speculation. Genetics were indirectly brought up in a vague manner once referring to CoC while innate personality was brought up 1000 times, and that is irrelevant to genetics.
Genetics empirically have a role. It's not pure speculation when we see that it's hereditary:
  • Garp & Dragon
  • Dragon & Luffy
  • Roger & Ace
  • Linlin & Katakuri
All top tiers that are known to have borne children had at least one child with COC. Oda doesn't actually need to tell us that it's hereditary. There is very strong empirical evidence that it's hereditary.

4 out of 4 top tiers that are known to have had children had a child with COC.

Desire to be free is irrelevant to CoC. Not every dream is CoC lol
No, many Conquerors only had "desire to be free" as their dream.

What was Ace's dream that made him a Conqueror? At Eight?

And nothing I said was wrong. Her ambition and character is literally "be free, be Oden, save Momo and make him great cuz that's what Oden would want"

She idolises Oden because Oden was free. Saving Momonosuke is not her ambition. Luffy asked her to save Momonosuke and Momo is an important piece for the end of the world.

She has the resolve to stand up to the strongest in the world and fight for her freedom:

Idk what says anything related to Conqueror about her or what even hints at her having even slightest disposition of a king. If wanting to not be a chained captive meant CoC then everyone's CoC user.
What about Ace made him a Conqueror at Eight?

Genetics empirically have a role. It's not pure speculation when we see that it's hereditary:
  • Garp & Dragon
  • Dragon & Luffy
  • Roger & Ace
  • Linlin & Katakuri
All top tiers that are known to have borne children had at least one child with COC. Oda doesn't actually need to tell us that it's hereditary. There is very strong empirical evidence that it's hereditary.
Btw, Garp is not confirmed to have CoC. In fact, he likely does not have CoC because the Vivre Card went out of its way to specify Sengoku having CoC, but never said a thing about Garp. Which makes sense, Garp doesn't really have much quality of a conqueror.

Saying that just because some daddies and children had CoC in common, it means it's genetics doesn't make any sense. Every single example you gave have a very specific personality trait which runs in all of them- and canonically, it has been stated over and over and over again that these personality and innate traits are the reason why people get CoC, not genetics.

In fact, something like genetics seems like an ehhhh way of getting something that has been hyped as "a power those with traits of conquerors get".

Genetics don't decide these stuff.

No, many Conquerors only had "desire to be free" as their dream.
Kaido did not have some strong desire to be free. Neither did BM. Neither did Zoro.

This is about as potent as saying "Kaido has a desire to die honorable death. So someone else who has desire to die honorable death must have CoC"

Or "WB wants family, so everyone who wants family has CoC"

These are just secondary ambitions and stuff. It doesn't take anything away from- nor does it provide anything to their innate traits and qualities of conqueror. And, again, it has already been canonically stated over and over again what makes a conqueror haki user.

What was Ace's dream that made him a Conqueror? At Eight?
Ace always had this desire to stay above others- the competitive spirit that he has to be stronger, we see it very often. Other than that, Ace was the eldest brother- the responsible one, the leader. He had it all; he had all the qualities you required for it.

In fact, even the scene where it got triggered only highlighted his role as a leader; he was responsible for not only his little brother's life, but also Dadan's (iirc on latter), and in a desperate situation with the responsibility of protecting others on his shoulders like the elder brother and leader he was, it finally went active from dormant.

Regardless, Ace's dream of this or that did not change his innate disposition as a leader (which he has ALWAYS been, even before Luffy came he was the one who took care of Dadan's family and brought them food), and his competitive spirit which was always high.

She idolises Oden because Oden was free. Saving Momonosuke is not her ambition. Luffy asked her to save Momonosuke and Momo is an important piece for the end of the world.

She has the resolve to stand up to the strongest in the world and fight for her freedom:
Yeah, I did say it's freedom and Oden stuff. But denying it's Oden stuff as well is wrong- she is STRONGLY trying to fulfill Oden's will, looking after Momo and risking her life for it.

I mean, c'mon, it's someone who literally identifies as Oden and said so multiple times. We can't deny she's obsessed with him in more ways than one lol. It becomes a character flaw when a character is more someone else than themselves.

And that's not a bad thing. Flaws mean there is a lot of room for character development- like, she's definitely ending this arc as her own individual instead of this pathetic Oden persona she took on.

But yeah, strongly following someone else to the degree she is doing is nothing like a Conqueror. It's quite opposite.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
Kaido did not have some strong desire to be free. Neither did BM. Neither did Zoro.

This is about as potent as saying "Kaido has a desire to die honorable death. So someone else who has desire to die honorable death must have CoC"

Or "WB wants family, so everyone who wants family has CoC"

These are just secondary ambitions and stuff. It doesn't take anything away from- nor does it provide anything to their innate traits and qualities of conqueror. And, again, it has already been canonically stated over and over again what makes a conqueror haki user.
I'm not arguing that Yamato has COC because she has a desire to be free. I'm arguing that Yamato's only dream being a desire for freedom doesn't exclude her from COC.

Ace always had this desire to stay above others- the competitive spirit that he has to be stronger, we see it very often. Other than that, Ace was the eldest brother- the responsible one, the leader. He had it all; he had all the qualities you required for it.

In fact, even the scene where it got triggered only highlighted his role as a leader; he was responsible for not only his little brother's life, but also Dadan's (iirc on latter), and in a desperate situation with the responsibility of protecting others on his shoulders like the elder brother and leader he was, it finally went active from dormant.
Perospero has acted more like a leader than Katakuri IMO.

Besides, Ace said that Yamato should be the captain (and of an Emperor's crew!):

But denying it's Oden stuff as well is wrong- she is STRONGLY trying to fulfill Oden's will, looking after Momo and risking her life for it.
No, Luffy asked her to look after Momonosuke:

She only started protecting Momonosuke because Luffy asked her to.

She abandoned Momonosuke to assist Luffy vs Kaido:

Yamato said that she will die for Momonosuke, but not because of Oden's will. But because Momonosuke is exceptionally important:

Yamato's dream is only to be free.

I mean, c'mon, it's someone who literally identifies as Oden and said so multiple times. We can't deny she's obsessed with him in more ways than one lol. It becomes a character flaw when a character is more someone else than themselves.

And that's not a bad thing. Flaws mean there is a lot of room for character development- like, she's definitely ending this arc as her own individual instead of this pathetic Oden persona she took on.

But yeah, strongly following someone else to the degree she is doing is nothing like a Conqueror. It's quite opposite.
She isn't strongly following Oden though. She was trying to fulfil Oden's will before she learned that Momonosuke and the Scabbards survived, but it isn't her dream.

And again, this is all but confirmation that Yamato is a Conqueror:

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
CoC was introduced as a birth feature, that is all we could acknowledge detailedly thus far. All the info we have at disposal. It's speculative how that was triggered in the first place. I can't wait for more to be hopefully unraveled about CoC or even about the D. , I have some theories on the latter. Connected to Joy Boy in particular.

I'm not arguing that Yamato has COC because she has a desire to be free. I'm arguing that Yamato's only dream being a desire for freedom doesn't exclude her from COC.

Perospero has acted more like a leader than Katakuri IMO.

Besides, Ace said that Yamato should be the captain (and of an Emperor's crew!):

No, Luffy asked her to look after Momonosuke:

She only started protecting Momonosuke because Luffy asked her to.

She abandoned Momonosuke to assist Luffy vs Kaido:

Yamato said that she will die for Momonosuke, but not because of Oden's will. But because Momonosuke is exceptionally important:

Yamato's dream is only to be free.

She isn't strongly following Oden though. She was trying to fulfil Oden's will before she learned that Momonosuke and the Scabbards survived, but it isn't her dream.

And again, this is all but confirmation that Yamato is a Conqueror:
I'm not saying her ambitions exclude her from CoC. Just that she has shown absolutely zero qualities of CoC- and the only potential hint she has is that she's Kaido's daughter... and if genetics play a big role (pure speculation rn), then that might just be a big stuff. But personality wise (how Chinjao and Rayleigh define CoC), she doesn't fit the bill.

Also, Perosperos is a decent leader- though he lacks that competitive spirit and pride of standing above others. Those two features have been outlines several times before. For instance, Sanji has been very good leader at some spots, too, but he doesn't have that innate drive, either, as shown during his debut- not counting the gag rivalry with Zoro or w/e.

Also ehhh... Yamato only protecting Momo because Luffy asked her to seems very weird. But if she's protecting Momo with her life on line and doing all that stuff just because some dude she just met and admired asked him to... that doesn't make it any better. Just replace Oden with Luffy in my statement with regards to protecting Momo, then.

Again, all I'm saying that she has been pretty much a follower of Oden or Luffy or anyone. Her only real, personal character trait is wanting to be free- which is great, but it's no Conqueror. If she displays stuff that actually implies CoC, then that'd be neat... but until now, she has been sorta far from it.

Imma go with yea. My main reason being thunder bagua. We know the attack is used by flowing CoC into the attack and yamato can do the attack just like kaido. I think it'll either be confirmed or denied she has CoC during her kaido fight.

Imma go with yea. My main reason being thunder bagua. We know the attack is used by flowing CoC into the attack and yamato can do the attack just like kaido. I think it'll either be confirmed or denied she has CoC during her kaido fight.
Actually, no. None of the Thunder Baguas Kaido did until the last one against Zoro + Law were CoC coated.

This is evident in the fact that they did not visually look CoC coated, and Luffy only understood the concept after getting hit by a coated attack (which was Ragnarok). Kaido was not coating his attacks in CoC until Ragnarok,

Actually, no. None of the Thunder Baguas Kaido did until the last one against Zoro + Law were CoC coated.

This is evident in the fact that they did not visually look CoC coated, and Luffy only understood the concept after getting hit by a coated attack (which was Ragnarok). Kaido was not coating his attacks in CoC until Ragnarok,
Luffy said he noticed since the first time he was hit which was his thunder bagua in the first fight in the kuri. On top of this the attack is the same whenever it's used WE the readers just found out that kaido was flowing his CoC to do the attack. At no point was there any point stated kaido does the attack without flowing haki. Otherwise how could luffy notice kaido was using flowing CoC all the back in kuri when he lost the first time.