Character Discussion Doflamingo vs Katakuri character-wise

Who is the better character?

• Total voters
Obviously Doflamingo is a much more prominent figure within the narrative, was introduced way back during Jaya, has had the longest arc to date centred around him and will likely still play an important role because of what he knows and who he is. We’ve come to understand his background and personality on a much deeper level, I feel. Katakuri is not a character I favour too much and that’s partially because I feel his narrative importance can be exaggerated because he was the breakout character of WCI. I do like what we learned about him, particularly his heartwarming relationship with Brûlée as well as the mutual respect that developed b/w him and Luffy. That said, to me personally he cannot compare to the level of psychological depth and fascination Doflamingo offers.

Character wise:Doffy>>>Katakuri!
*Doffy:charismatic psycopath,king of a country,most important underworld broker,one of the strongest warlords,amazing crewmates,has the backing of the celestial dragons and yonko kaido and dreams of ruling the world and destroying celestial dragons!
*Katakuri:respected by his family,most competent BM son,superior fighter to doffy(adv.coo),has some traumas and issues and overall lacks the charisma doffy had!Also,got changed by luffy(became a fanboy of luffy)!Doffy went down wanting to kill luffy and everyone on dressrosa!

Last edited:
Katakuri is confusing as fuck. Luffy pretty Much Talk No Jutsu'd him without even doing anything. The guy yelled at his teen sister for attacking someone who tried to kill his own mom after decades of undying loyalty to his family. Why? Because they fought and.....

Oda butchered his Character. Only OdaDrones can defend that bullshit
You have not understood anything about Katakuri. He is a man of honor who wants to defeat his enemies in a fair duel without outside help. He got angry with Flampe for interfering in the battle. And Katakuri doesn't hold a grudge against Luffy for trying to assassinate BM because that's the thing about being a pirate, after all, they tried to assassinate Sanji and his family. And to understand the theme of loyalty to his family and why he always tries to look perfect you only need to see his flashback.

Katakuri is a better character than Doffy, but Doffy is a better villain than Kata because Kata is an antagonist, not a villain. But Doffy is like Lucci or Enel, they are evil since they were born and that's why they are "simpler" characters than Katakuri, even if they are great villains. If you want a great villain and great character, you have Blackbeard, who is the best written villain in the whole series.

You have not understood anything about Katakuri. He is a man of honor who wants to defeat his enemies in a fair duel without outside help. He got angry with Flampe for interfering in the battle. And Katakuri doesn't hold a grudge against Luffy for trying to assassinate BM because that's the thing about being a pirate, after all, they tried to assassinate Sanji and his family. And to understand the theme of loyalty to his family and why he always tries to look perfect you only need to see his flashback.

Katakuri is a better character than Doffy, but Doffy is a better villain than Kata because Kata is an antagonist, not a villain. But Doffy is like Lucci or Enel, they are evil since they were born and that's why they are "simpler" characters than Katakuri, even if they are great villains. If you want a great villain and great character, you have Blackbeard, who is the best written villain in the whole series.
The problem with Katakuri is that he went full retard for Luffy (the guy who was stealing and ''murdering'' his siblings) just because he was ''impressed'' by his will lol this is as BS as it gets.
I understand ''honor'' but protecting your family comes first and it contradicted EVERYTHING he was saying/doing since his intro...

The problem with Katakuri is that he went full retard for Luffy (the guy who was stealing and ''murdering'' his siblings) just because he was ''impressed'' by his will lol this is as BS as it gets.
I understand ''honor'' but protecting your family comes first and it contradicted EVERYTHING he was saying/doing since his intro...
I think it became pretty obvious that Luffy's intention wasn't harming his family.
Katakuri is confusing as fuck. Luffy pretty Much Talk No Jutsu'd him without even doing anything. The guy yelled at his teen sister for attacking someone who tried to kill his own mom after decades of undying loyalty to his family. Why? Because they fought and.....

Oda butchered his Character. Only OdaDrones can defend that bullshit
Oda should have installed a whole thing where it turned out that Katakuri was actually hidden behind a facade perpetuated by the needs of his family. Lol maybe that would have tied into the theme he already had running with Sanji or something