Character Discussion Doflamingo vs Katakuri character-wise

Who is the better character?

• Total voters

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Katakuri was introduced in the middle of WCI, while Doflamingo was an established character even pre timeskip, hardly a fair comparison. That said Katakuri is one of Oda's best creations post ts imo...
He had potential but Oda went the Hancock route with him.
Post automatically merged:

that s orochi sorry :yodaswag:
Unironically this

that s orochi sorry :yodaswag:
Lol, Orochi is nothing but trash; that's why Oda tries everything to let the readers hate this disingenuous and cunning trash. Yes, he's a well-written piece of shit villain but it doesn't change my opinion about him anyway whereas Katakuri is a enjoyable character - as I mentioned several points before.

He had potential but Oda went the Hancock route with him.
No.
Katakuri always wanted a 1vs1 fight against Luffy and he didn't like it at all that his sister intercepted his fight like that at all. In fact, this was an act of pure manliness.
Or would you say that Senior Pink went the Hancock route as well? Lol.

I actually think Katakuri had potential to be a better character than Doffy, but it was clear Oda rushed the shit out of his concept. He changed his DF and powers back forth, wasn't sure whether he'd show his flashback, and wasted too much detail on the battle. Just not enough planning.

It's hard to beat Doffy character wise, simply because Oda had over a decade to flesh out his character, and Katakuri was rushed. He got proper build up and one of the longest flashbacks.

Katakuri was introduced in the middle of WCI, while Doflamingo was an established character even pre timeskip, hardly a fair comparison. That said Katakuri is one of Oda's best creations post ts imo...
Yep. Agree.

It's probably because Doffy is YC1 at the bare minimum (rather YC0.5) but he had to be introduced this early in the series because his fall was the key for all the future events.

:yasu:
I know yours is a troll, but that is actually true. Doffy had to defeated before the Yonko saga could start. Just like Crocodile had to be defeated for Blackbeard to become a Warlord/Yonko.

Last edited:
I was never a fan of Mingo and his arc certainly didn't help. He was a weakling who for some reason believed that he and his crew the shit and lost everything he built because he was too delusional to understand that it was impossible for him to win in Dressora because even if he beat Luffy, there was still Zoro, Sabo, Burgers, and Fujitora and none of them were going to go down easily.

Katakuri is alot more relatable and human than Doflamingo

I like DD a lot, but I actually think Oda botched his character the hardest among the major villains, his arc wasn't original, his actions weren't original, his fight was tremendeslly boring, outside of his past everything about him was generic

I don't think its over for both character tho, they will get more development in the future so we shall see, I really want Oda to do DD justice

also, the result of the poll is not surprising, but outside of this forum their popularity is about the same from what I saw

Katakuri is the manly man ...

good looking , bad ass , strong , manly , brave , just and ...

his is cool and easy on eyes to love ... but creating such character don't even need 1 hour of thinking (personality wise)

but Doffy is far more deeper person with a chaotic point of view to the world

character wise he could be one of the top 3 ... if we didn't had other better people with his personality on other stories

so he is not an iconic character for one piece story ... but surely a rare one

Teach is a far more better match to Doffy ...

Katakuri has a better design. but character wise, it's not even close. Katakuri was just there to be there, a strength barrier Luffy had to overcome. on the other hand, Doflamingo was a fully fledged villain rotten to the core whose downfall triggered bigger events, even during the chaos Oda gives a glimpse of his reaction about it while locked inside Impel Down every now and then.

Doflamingo, Blackbeard and Crocodile are some of the best well-written OP antagonists because Oda delved deeper into their personalities even before the timeskip. after all, the Yonko and their subordinates weren't meant to be a thing after Warlords before Oda changed his mind.

J

Jo_Ndule

Katakuri has a better design. but character wise, it's not even close. Katakuri was just there to be there, a strength barrier Luffy had to overcome. on the other hand, Doflamingo was a fully fledged villain rotten to the core whose downfall triggered bigger events, even during the chaos Oda gives a glimpse of his reaction about it while locked inside Impel Down every now and then.

Doflamingo, Blackbeard and Crocodile are some of the best well-written OP antagonists because Oda delved deeper into their personalities even before the timeskip. after all, the Yonko and their subordinates weren't meant to be a thing after Warlords before Oda changed his mind.
Doffy best written?

Crocodile Teach

Even Lucci and Enel are better written
Post automatically merged:

Doflamingo > Katakuri
In everything.
I'll say it again, EVERYTHING.
You dont even trust yourself while typing this