Speculations Egghead island arc battles

There better be no antagonists this arc outside the marines. This arc should be no more than 10 chapters and it should be nothing but lore reveals. However, the fact that the strawhats got separated only means that this arc is going to be another unnecessary 40+ chapter arc.

It's not about powerscaling but you said that the seraphim are for later but an Admiral goes down now. You want to anger the Admiral fans? :kobeha:
If you actually read my posts, you would have understood that I said that I don't think the Serephim are direct 1v1 type battles for the crew. They will be like the pacifista, just used to show the intensity of the war they will likely be displayed in.

So again, no, it's not about powerscaling, it's about story. It's like how the WSC went down and here we are still with typical arc structure dealing with the next problem. It literally does not matter who's stronger or why
Post automatically merged:

How the hell is Zoro supposed to fight Kuma if hes with Dragon ?
Idk Vegapunk, what sort of ability could Kuma use to get to Egghead?

:laughmoji:

There better be no antagonists this arc outside the marines. This arc should be no more than 10 chapters and it should be nothing but lore reveals. However, the fact that the strawhats got separated only means that this arc is going to be another unnecessary 40+ chapter arc.
Me too, but i think would be more interesting if the strongest vegapunk's creations would be his "punk"

Don't know why anyone has this assumption the arc will be Zou sized lol. It's basically the only arc of its kind and there were no direct villains. There's an actual plot here with Bonney and Vegapunk clearly is antagonistic going by that last dialogue.

Anyway, the same guesses I've had for a few years tbh:

- Luffy vs Kizaru
- Zoro vs Kuma
- Jinbe vs Sentoumaru
- Sanji vs another Vegapunk Bodyguard (maybe Sentoumaru is 1 of 2 major Bodyguards or whatever).
- Franky vs Vegapunk (this makes the most sense to me tbh, considering Vegapunk is like a superior parallel to Franky)
- Rest of the crew potentially vs. The SSG or something.

No Serephim, they will be used for a future plot imo. They also don't make great villains because they are essentially Lunarian copies of Shichibukai. They will get characterized though

Not explaining my choices again, but frankly everyone I mentioned above can and should be involved in this arc, considering their ties to Vegapunk one way or another
This bum Kizaru didn’t do shit while the WG was busy fighting the Warlords and Revs. Why would he be compelled to go to Egghead?

Luffy will probably fight Vegapunk, who should have his own Yonko level mecha since he’s Vegapunk. Most of the crew probably doesn’t get 1v1s

This bum Kizaru didn’t do shit while the WG was busy fighting the Warlords and Revs. Why would he be compelled to go to Egghead?

Luffy will probably fight Vegapunk, who should have his own Yonko level mecha since he’s Vegapunk. Most of the crew probably doesn’t get 1v1s
This "bum" went to capture Luffy when he punched a CD lol. You don't think he wouldnt go and protect Vegapunk, especially since he knows Sentoumaru and Vegapunk personally?

What a weird argument lol

What if Vegapunk is the good guy? I'm kind of tired of the evil scientist trope, so it would good if Vegapunk could realize that not all pirates are bad, and that there's hope for the future. Similar to Fujitora.

The Straw Hats could use an upgrade from him. Nami, Usopp, Sanji, Chopper and Franky for example.

No arc is only 10 chapters long. Considering how important of a figure Vegapunk is, I'd say maybe 20-30 chapters.

Last edited:
What if Vegapunk is the good guy? I'm kind of tired of the evil scientist trope, so it would good if Vegapunk could realize that not all pirates are bad, and that there's hope for the future. Similar to Fujitora.

The Straw Hats could use an upgrade from him. Nami, Usopp, Sanji, Chopper and Franky for example.

No arc is only 10 chapters long. Considering how important of a figure Vegapunk is, I'd say maybe 20-30 chapters.
Imo he's probably not "bad" like Caesar, but characters like Aokiji, Fujitora, etc are still antagonistic characters.

You can be an antagonist and not be "evil" per se.

While this obviously isn't going to be a big arc, even small arcs like punk hazard had battles. I don't see why Egghead wouldn't, especially given that the marines are here.

These won't be wano style battles, but I'm sure we'll get a few half a page ones for most SHs, with Luffy, Zoro, and Bonney getting major fights(paralleling what happened in punk hazard).

My guess:

I think Luffy vs Smoker will happen, with Luffy finally coming on top, ending their rivalry. However I don't think this will be the main fight. Rather, I think the main fight will be:
Luffy, Zoro, Sanji, Jinbe vs SSG
Franky(and possibly the other mid hats) vs Vegapunk
Bonney vs Doll(paralleling Law vs Vergo)

Luffy vs vegapunk could happen, but I'm inclined to believe that Vegapunk will pit Luffy up against his strongest creation. Possibly a seraphim Ace or a seraphim Roger.

I think this arc will parallel punk hazard. While punk hazard was the start of Luffy's war with kaido, this will be the start of Luffy's war with the WG. Luffy will destroy the SSG and kidnap Vegapunk, as he did with Caesar.
No major fights just straw hats running around.

Bonney isn’t Law, Zoro beats anyone on that island, Luffy will fight some joke character or robot, Smoker will not be strong

Are these fights going to end in 1 panel? That's way too many chapters for meaningless fights. I think it's safe to say that a couple of characters will get to flex on fodders like in previous arcs but no real 1v1.
l mean i can't know how the arc is going to unfold..

Whoever Jinbei will deal with, it can be done in 3-4 pages..
Sentomaru is definitely getting a fight 10 pages.. Smoker too or at least an extended clash..
Doll can be a short fight to show her powers 2-3 pages..

l would also assume that bonney needs to flex on someone other than just her fruit powers?..

lf Vegapunk is Punk 00 then Punk 01 will be pretty tough.. l'm not sure the Seraphim will be involved..