Future Events Elbaf is an Akainu arc

The further we've gotten though Egghead, the further this seems to get clearer IMO. In typical escalation format, especially in post TS, Oda tends to tie larger story arcs together by means of having smaller arcs connect to them.

You had the entire Boroque Works plotline, culminating to Alabasta. You had Punk Hazard leading to Dressrosa. You had Zou and WCI leading Wano (and by virtue, everything from PH in its own way). The same thing is happening right now, where clear dictations in the story show us that the Final Saga comprises of multiple factions with 2 Yonko, the Marines and WG.

Egghead has effectively kicked off this ideology. Not only are we in an arc focusing on 1 Admiral (Marines) and Gorosei (WG) respectively, the Yonko have all made their moves during said arc, on top of revelations with the RA and WG. But in that fashion, Oda seems to be clearly setting up the next arc to escalate from this one. And how I see it now really comes down to how Egghead is seemingly ending, with Giants assaulting Marines and those same Marines losing on top quite possibly a Gorosei.

In that way, I am just starting to be convinced, that like a Vegapunk/Kizaru/Kuma arc before it (which is something I speculated for years), Akainu and his marines seem to be next. Below I will lay out as many of the reasons I see that being the case:

- Egghead arc itself seemingly will result in the loss of 1 Admiral and 1 Gorosei. This will be unprecedented for both the Marines and WG. While I can't see the WG itself mobilizing on their own entirely (yet), I can see either Akainu taking Kizaru's loss personally or being ordered by the WG to wage war on Elbaf.

- I always questioned why Oda needed to have the Giants at Egghead since it seemed like overkill once Bonney took over the Pacifista. But, if the Giants are blamed for the attack on Egghead failing, and taking in Luffy's group (which includss Vegapunk and Kuma), I can 100% see the Marines retaliating by attacking Elbaf.

- If you think about what characters would be at Elbaf, then things get very interesting. If Vegapunk and Kuma make it there alive, then it stands reason that Dragon himself might make an appearance, given his relationship with the two. But even more importantly is his speculated relationship with Akainu. Dragon was a former marine, and even is the same age as Sakazuki. This tells me they may end up having a deeper relationship than we think, possibly even ties to Garp or Luffy's mother somehow.

- On the flipside, Saul is alive on Elbaf. Barring Robin, Saul has ties to Kuzan, who has ties to Smoker and Akainu, both staple characters I would expect to be at Elbaf for this reason. Not only this, but Kuzan being present would imply Garp, Koby, and the rest of SWORD also are present somehow. Im not 100% sure how or why Kuzan would end up in Elbaf, but if we expect Blackbeard to remain a large presence in the story, having Kuzan there to reveal his motivations and resolve the Garp/SWORD plotline might do wonders for the story.

- Even the above with Kuzan has further implications with the Big Mom Pirates, he is responsible for taking Pudding. BMs crew is not only tied to Elbaf through BMs terrible deeds, but also Mother Caramel's deeds on kidnapping giant children for the WG to use (i.e. Giant Squad may have a role here).

- Finally, if you think about plot escalation in terms of pure battle matchups, it makes sense to see Luffy go from an Admiral to the Fleet Admiral, and his subordinates take on Admirals. Elbaf could be the perfect esclation for that before we dive into whatever conflict comes with Blackbeard/Shanks.

Thank you @Kizaruber Eats for reminding me of some of these things, it really made things super clear here lol.

Anyway, thats pretty much it, just the same gut feeling I had about Vegapunk's arc before we knew it was called Egghead. Many things seem to be coming together in the same way where need all of these characters to exist in the same location. I full expect Akainu to mobilize the entire Marine Force and assault Elbaf or at least be very local to its events. It just feels like its time to resolve that plotline.

Edit: And if thats the case, one could also make the assumption that:

- Sabo also comes with Dragon, so there is legitimate cathartic payoff for Ace's death.
- The arc also involves some of the Whitebeard pirates for the same reason.

Last edited:
On Elbaf, Luffy will learn that Barto and Law await execution on New Marineford. When Blackbeard rolls up, Redhair Pirates will have to fight the Blackbeard Pirates alone. Luffy will go save his friends.

Kizaruber Eats

Life's coin always has two sides; flip it wisely.
The further we've gotten though Egghead, the further this seems to get clearer IMO. In typical escalation format, especially in post TS, Oda tends to tie larger story arcs together by means of having smaller arcs connect to them.

You had the entire Boroque Works plotline, culminating to Alabasta. You had Punk Hazard leading to Dressrosa. You had Zou and WCI leading Wano (and by virtue, everything from PH in its own way). The same thing is happening right now, where clear dictations in the story show us that the Final Saga comprises of multiple factions with 2 Yonko, the Marines and WG.

Egghead has effectively kicked off this ideology. Not only are we in an arc focusing on 1 Admiral (Marines) and Gorosei (WG) respectively, the Yonko have all made their moves during said arc, on top of revelations with the RA and WG. But in that fashion, Oda seems to be clearly setting up the next arc to escalate from this one. And how I see it now really comes down to how Egghead is seemingly ending, with Giants assaulting Marines and those same Marines losing on top quite possibly a Gorosei.

In that way, I am just starting to be convinced, that like a Vegapunk/Kizaru/Kuma arc before it (which is something I speculated for years), Akainu and his marines seem to be next. Below I will lay out as many of the reasons I see that being the case:

- Egghead arc itself seemingly will result in the loss of 1 Admiral and 1 Gorosei. This will be unprecedented for both the Marines and WG. While I can't see the WG itself mobilizing on their own entirely (yet), I can see either Akainu taking Kizaru's loss personally or being ordered by the WG to wage war on Elbaf.

- I always questioned why Oda needed to have the Giants at Egghead since it seemed like overkill once Bonney took over the Pacifista. But, if the Giants are blamed for the attack on Egghead failing, and taking in Luffy's group (which includss Vegapunk and Kuma), I can 100% see the Marines retaliating by attacking Elbaf.

- If you think about what characters would be at Elbaf, then things get very interesting. If Vegapunk and Kuma make it there alive, then it stands reason that Dragon himself might make an appearance, given his relationship with the two. But even more importantly is his speculated relationship with Akainu. Dragon was a former marine, and even is the same age as Sakazuki. This tells me they may end up having a deeper relationship than we think, possibly even ties to Garp or Luffy's mother somehow.

- On the flipside, Saul is alive on Elbaf. Barring Robin, Saul has ties to Kuzan, who has ties to Smoker and Akainu, both staple characters I would expect to be at Elbaf for this reason. Not only this, but Kuzan being present would imply Garp, Koby, and the rest of SWORD also are present somehow. Im not 100% sure how or why Kuzan would end up in Elbaf, but if we expect Blackbeard to remain a large presence in the story, having Kuzan there to reveal his motivations and resolve the Garp/SWORD plotline might do wonders for the story.

- Even the above with Kuzan has further implications with the Big Mom Pirates, he is responsible for taking Pudding. BMs crew is not only tied to Elbaf through BMs terrible deeds, but also Mother Caramel's deeds on kidnapping giant children for the WG to use (i.e. Giant Squad may have a role here).

- Finally, if you think about plot escalation in terms of pure battle matchups, it makes sense to see Luffy go from an Admiral to the Fleet Admiral, and his subordinates take on Admirals. Elbaf could be the perfect esclation for that before we dive into whatever conflict comes with Blackbeard/Shanks.

Thank you @Kizaruber Eats for reminding me of some of these things, it really made things super clear here lol.

Anyway, thats pretty much it, just the same gut feeling I had about Vegapunk's arc before we knew it was called Egghead. Many things seem to be coming together in the same way where need all of these characters to exist in the same location. I full expect Akainu to mobilize the entire Marine Force and assault Elbaf or at least be very local to its events. It just feels like its time to resolve that plotline.

Edit: And if thats the case, one could also make the assumption that:

- Sabo also comes with Dragon, so there is legitimate cathartic payoff for Ace's death.
- The arc also involves some of the Whitebeard pirates for the same reason.
Ah thanks for the shoutout man! Glad I was able to help you remember some stuff! I completely agree with this, it makes too much sense and would build up really satisfyingly. This would be the perfect opportunity to write up so many plotlines in one fell swoop, which is what Oda probably has been planning and thus is aiming for ofc. In the literal biggest arc in more ways than one potentially!

I'm completely onboard with this anyway, I pray this is hows its all gonna play out but you never know with Oda ofc!

Elbaf is more likely about GB & another Gorosei trying to invade or to negotiate some deals with Giants but it will fail

Or it will be about the burning man being the villain or BM

Elbaf has to be at least a long arc, not closely as long as Wano (I hope) but yet big since it is forshadowed since pre time skip. I don't know about who will be the big villain this time yet imo Garp vs Kuzan and Luffy vs Kizaru are too much of a coincidence to not have Dragon vs Akainu. If not there is still BM who has big ties with the giants and so Elbaf (but she is way too redundant at this point, maybe a cameo or a guest appearance). Also it is almost guaranteed we will have Kidd again, depending on Oda levels of sadism he could have lost his crew, or at least part of it (but knowing Oda I doubt he will do that). And I doubt we will have Aokiji or Shanks in action again so soon.

Then what about Zoro vs Shiryu? I doubt that Zoro's next opponent after the admiral will be him. Or will he defeat them in the same arc? Same problem with Sanji.

Why would Elbaf Kingdom be blamed for Actions of Pirates?
And No One messes with Elbaf Kingdom
WG or Marines would get Deleted
Because the Giant Warrior Pirates effectively base themselves in Elbaf and are welcome there. The country is primarily known for this.

And I dont agree there lol, we have no canonical explanation for the WG or Marines being afraid of Giants. They have Giants in their military.

A Gorosei and Admiral losing/dying could absolutely cause the WG to declare war on the island.
Post automatically merged:

Then what about Zoro vs Shiryu? I doubt that Zoro's next opponent after the admiral will be him. Or will he defeat them in the same arc? Same problem with Sanji.
I mean everybody hates my ideas on this but this is why I think what comes after this is a full scale war between the Yonko.

So not just Zoro vs Shiryu, but Zoro vs Shiryu vs Mihawk. Or Sanji vs Laffite vs Beckman (if Mihawk supercedes Beckman in that way). Or Usopp vs Auger vs Yasopp.

I.e. not Luffy vs Blackbeard, not Blackbeard vs Shanks, but all 3 vs each other (and Buggy lol).

In that way, the "scaling" of matches seems reasonable since the enemies are 2 fold but also fighting each other. Anyway, who knows.

Last edited:
Because the Giant Warrior Pirates effectively base themselves in Elbaf and are welcome there. The country is primarily known for this.

And I dont agree there lol, we have no canonical explanation for the WG or Marines being afraid of Giants. They have Giants in their military.

A Gorosei and Admiral losing/dying could absolutely cause the WG to declare war on the island.
I don't think Elbaf is a Single Island, i believe They are Nine (You can spot Shadows behind the one where Big Mom grew up)
You can also Spot that there are Nine Symbols on their Ships, probably representing Nine Clans

And Zoro did mention "Nine Mountains" during his Attack on Pica, which seems to be a Famous Legend
Not to mention the Norse Mythology & Vikings References, which Hint that their Home is Nine Realms

Their Kingdoms (Where their Rulers Live, like Loki) are based on Sky (Above those Mountains), not Land
So Elbaf (Assuming it's Name of entire Land & not just that Single Island) is actually Nine Islands
Consisting of Nine Villages & Nine Kingdoms (With Main One being Asgard-Like)

So it's not about fearing Giants as a Race, it's just Suicide to Attack such a Massive Land with Huge Military (Big Mom confirmed it's Strongest Nation), and each Giant requires dozens of fodders to be handled, not to mention the Extra-Large Sea Monsters, who Giants might have Tamed, and all of this just to invade their Villages, without any means to reach their Sky Kingdoms (You'd need like Kratos & Titans to do it)

And i know i don't have proof, but i'm 100% certain that Elbaf is Full of Top Tiers, and their so-called Gods are no different than Legendary Marines & Pirates

Just the Soldiers alone have Immense Physical Strength, Dorry & Brogy can delete multiple Battleships with Single Attack, look at Hajrudin's Strength against Machvice, look at Saul lifting Marine Battleships & destroying Six (If i remember correctly) with his bare hands

Carmel made a big deal of recruiting just a Single Giant (John), She also threatened Marines that if They don't spare Giant Pirates, Elbaf will descend on them, and They literally let those Giants free in middle of their Execution (Marines who wouldn't do such thing against Whitebeard Pirates), They preferred to make Oimo & Kashii protect one of their important Islands (Enies Lobby) instead of capturing/executing them, Big Mom believed that if Giants help her, She can defeat all Yonko ... etc

Vikings is whole reason Oda wrote this Manga, He stated this multiple times, He ain't gonna make Knights Faction Superior than them.
I'm not saying WG/Marines can challenge Elbaf, but unless They send 100% of everything They got (Everyone), They don't stand a chance, and doing it on Giants Land is more of a Suicide

I believe when it comes to Power of Nations
Elbaf > World Government/Mary Geoise > Wano
Vikings > Knights > Samurai

And neither of them is the Villain of Story, They are created to be Invaded
Wano was Invaded by Kaidou
Mary Geoise gonna be Invaded by Blackbeard
Elbaf gonna be Invaded by Final Villain

I disagree about Dragon showing up on Elbaf.
He is like Mihawk, not moving until it is his time.
And the only time he moves, is against the WG.
If Marines show up and attack Elbaf, he wouldn't move.
We already know he is not targeting Marines.
Personally I just think he may due to the nature of his powers, but not necessarily mobilize at all with his army at that point.

But lets see what happens, i just hope that if Akainu does get there and we do have VP/Kuma also on the island, it could be good for backstory lore (though maybe you dont need him there)

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
Yea there's a good chance Akainu is the next major villain.

I will add to this thread from a powerscaling perspective.

Akainu is running out of time power wise to face Luffy imo. Luffy has defeated Kaidou, and he might be defeating Kizaru. Akainu is an established top tier of the mid gen unlike Teach who's from the Worst gen. Teach can be as strong as Oda wants with his special race, two top tier devil fruits (potential 3rd?). Add to the fact that Yami shuts off df abilities and it really doesn't matter how strong Luffy gets, BB can always be a nightmare to face for Luffy, and the sky is the limit for him.

For Akainu there shouldn't be a major gap between him and Kizaru, just as there wasn't between him and Kuzan.

Kizaru cannot be defeated here, and then Luffy face Akainu at the tail end of EOS (unless we are getting inferior comp following Kizaru). That makes for an awkward fight because Luffy had already dealt with someone not too far from Akainu at egghead, so without special circumstances it's not quite the draw it needs to be for EOS. That is if Luffy will be the one taking Akainu out. And yes Akainu has an ability which is still an issue for G5 Luffy, but I don't think it's enough to justify a Kizaru defeat here without an immediate Akainu follow up.

So either:

1.Kizaru is not defeated here (Akainu does not have to be next up)
2.Akainu is next up after Kizaru's defeat
3.Akainu gets dominated by Luffy
4.Luffy is not the one to defeat Akainu
5.Unknown revelation about Akainu (some power up or condition we were not aware of etc.)

Out of these 4 options, 1 and 2 are more likely. Oda probably has too much respect for Akainu to go with 3, and Luffy has too much tying him to Akainu for option 4 not to happen (although it's still more likely than option 3). Oda can pull 5 off on a whim so can never say never there.

Ultimately Akainu being up next would still make him an endgame fight, since we are already in the endgame post Wano. Luffy is already an established top tier who can go toe to toe with Kaidou before G5 (deemed as the strongest pirate of the mid gen) before he even stepped foot in egghead. And even if it's the next arc, by the time the fight actually happens we will be very close to the end of One Piece anyway.

Ofcourse there are still G5 timelimit issues we can point to, but it's worth noting pre G5 Luffy could already go toe to toe with Kaidou, unless Kaidou was a good matchup or simply weak enough (because so far only G5 has been effective against Kizaru) G5 isn't what makes Luffy a top tier. Kizaru can change our perspective on that (some are actually changing their minds on it as we speak, reducing Kaidou to a fraud without realizing it) but that won't change the implication that Kizaru is supposed to be relative to Akainu.

Another counter argument would be Teach's crew is much weaker than the Marines working under Akainu. Sadly I think the SHs may not be defeating Admirals for this reason.