Elden Ring

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
@Elder Lee Hung @TheKnightOfTheSea @Jaguark101 @DarkestKnightofSpoilers @Uncle Van
What do you guys think of the idea that Messmer could actually be a dragon fight in his second phase?

He has a dragon eye and his armor is covered in draconic wings.

What's more, his helmet is similar to Grunbeld's from Berserk.

And Grunbeld's apostle form is a dragon.
He is a Drakeblood Knight, the same as Eleonora. Those are the order of Knights who consume dragon hearts to use Draconic incantations to turn into dragons.

Yes, he’ll definitely have dragon-aspect moves.

Jaguark101

"Dreams are Messages from the Deep"
‎‎
@Elder Lee Hung @TheKnightOfTheSea @Jaguark101 @DarkestKnightofSpoilers @Uncle Van
What do you guys think of the idea that Messmer could actually be a dragon fight in his second phase?

He has a dragon eye and his armor is covered in draconic wings.

What's more, his helmet is similar to Grunbeld's from Berserk.

And Grunbeld's apostle form is a dragon.
Maybe Messmer is the one who started the dragonic worshiping cult? He looks to be a mix of Rykard's Blasphemy and the Dragonic cult.

He is a Drakeblood Knight, the same as Eleonora. Those are the order of Knights who consume dragon hearts to use Draconic incantations to turn into dragons.

Yes, he’ll definitely have dragon-aspect moves.
I feel like he’s going to full on turn into a dragon assuming his boss fight is multi-phase.

Either that or the DLC will have a dragon fight (like every souls dlc except Bloodborne) and the dragon is his pet or subservient to him.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
I feel like he’s going to full on turn into a dragon assuming his boss fight is multi-phase.

Either that or the DLC will have a dragon fight (like every souls dlc except Bloodborne) and the dragon is his pet or subservient to him.
Radagon just can’t birth mentally stable children can he…lmfao

Yeah the Demigods(and DS bosses) have always been able to do far more insane shit than the players can even when using the same weapons and spells.

So Messmer’s Dragon Incants are going to be much crazier than Eleonora’s.

@Elder Lee Hung @TheKnightOfTheSea @Uncle Van @Plex @Jaguark101 @DarkestKnightofSpoilers

Idk if you guys have already seen this or not but apparently the DLC will have a Sekiro-style attack power system that will only apply in the Land of Shadow/DLC areas.

It makes sense because you have to incentivize exploration for late game builds with +10/+25 weapons and also allows for tighter balancing. This will also likely affect characters on higher NG cycles too so they can’t just steam role the content.

Ratatoskr did a good job covering it.

I wonder if it's a flat increase to damage or if it's more so that being in the shadow lands nerfs your damage somehow and killing minibosses/bosses reduces the nerf. The latter could make a ton of sense lore-wise.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness

Also my guy is really onto shit here, it is possible Messmer is the one who killed all of the Fire Giant corpses in the MOTG, as all of them are impaled by a similar spear to Messmer’s, and we can see in the trailer that Messmer can summon new spears.
I can't remember who said it cause I've seen like 7 different videos lol, but Messmer has snakes and uses flames, which are blasphemous to Marika and Golden Order. His flames are very similar to the dragon talisman as well.

Wouldn't be surprised if he was born frail and used dragon communion to gain strength, seeking Marika's approval. He's like Morgott but on steroids.

I can't remember who said it cause I've seen like 7 different videos lol, but Messmer has snakes and uses flames, which are blasphemous to Marika and Golden Order. His flames are very similar to the dragon talisman as well.

Wouldn't very surprised if he was born frail and used dragon communion to gain strength, seeking Marika's approval. He's like Morgott but on steroids.
Phase 2 dragon mode incoming
:finally:

Pot Goblin

Conejo Blanco
I wonder if it's a flat increase to damage or if it's more so that being in the shadow lands nerfs your damage somehow and killing minibosses/bosses reduces the nerf. The latter could make a ton of sense lore-wise.
Could be a Vendrick situation where these dlc fellas have a high af damage threshhold that reduces every time you gain an attack level

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
Phase 2 dragon mode incoming
:finally:
You REALLY want it lmao.

Could be a Vendrick situation where these dlc fellas have a high af damage threshhold that reduces every time you gain an attack level
Ah Vendrick good point. Your damage was trash unless you collected Giant Souls. Needed 5 for max damage.

You REALLY want it lmao.
Best way to make a fresh dragon fight, have it be a second phase.

:kata:
Ah Vendrick good point. Your damage was trash unless you collected Giant Souls. Needed 5 for max damage.
I suspect the DLC's "attack power" system will be similar but not nearly as harsh.