Elden Ring

TheKnightOfTheSea

𝕷𝖔𝖗𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓'𝖘 𝕾𝖕𝖆𝖜𝖓
Eh worked for me
Have u fought bayle? He is the ultimate bullshit lmaoo

he is the only boss i used summons😭
I felt like almost all of Bayle's attacks were learnable.
Post automatically merged:

Gaius is pure aids, glad he's optional but still going to try to beat him

Messmer was fun outside of that stupid snake storm attack

I felt like almost all of Bayle's attacks were learnable.

Gaius is pure aids, glad he's optional but still going to try to beat him

Messmer was fun outside of that stupid snake storm attack
Bayle had way too much HP and my ass cant mantain focus for that long, he was pure cancer for me lol had to use summons. I had fun with messmer and gaius, were relatively easy tbh, though the unlimited poise of gaius was kinda annoying

Seven7

🆃🅷🅸🆂 🅸🆂 🅼🆈 🅴🆁🅰
Bayle is probably my favorite dlc boss especially if you get the Igon summon, love the moby dick reference.

That whole area/boss feels like it could be the finale in another game
Forgot about the curse you Bayle line

Peak
Also how the hell did they go and have the gank fight ancient dragon sanseax right before it then go ahead and make Bayle

Restored my hope in dragon fights
:crazwhat:

Elder Lee Hung

Conqueror of the Stars

:steef::steef::steef::steef:

Ya boy is about to perform the absolute silliest of shit with this long awaited ash of war. Oh how I have longed to corkscrew through the air like a fighter jet on cocaine ever since I witness Radahn’s glory lmfao.

I have mixed opinions on Gaius. On the one hand, he was hyper aggressive and I barely had any room to breathe.

On the other hand, I beat him in like 10 attempts and he was nowhere near as fucking horrific as Rellana. She truly does need a rework or a nerf imo.

I thought Gaius was fun, very aggressive but I beat him pretty quickly.

But alright so interesting detail about his lore:

Both were as elder brothers to the lion, and both were cursed from birth.

…So is this remembrance saying that Messmer was like an older brother to Radahn? I assume Messmer wasn’t an older brother to Godfrey because that makes negative sense. Also, there are no other characters with the lion epithet aside from Radahn and Godfrey. So…were Gaius and Messmer older than Radahn? Gaius’s armor also mentions he and Radahn had a spirited rivalry in youth.

But anyway…if Messmer is Radahn’s older brother, and Radahn was the son of Rennala and Radagon…well that means Radagon and Marika had Messmer before Radagon married Rennala. Which would confirm that Radagon and Marika were romantically involved before Radagon had any kids with Rennala. And if Messmer’s deformity (the abyssal serpent) is a result of Radagon and Marika being the same entity, this would seem to imply that Radagon and Marika were the same entity all along? Am I reading this right?

@Uncle Van @Sentinel @Jaguark101 @Seven7 @Blackbeard

what was your theory? I really liked that fight

i hated that stupid stealth sequence though
My theory was that the was Marika’s father and that the pregnant chick in the picture was a young Marika, pregnant with Godwyn. Which is just not even close to the actual truth lol.

TheKnightOfTheSea

𝕷𝖔𝖗𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓'𝖘 𝕾𝖕𝖆𝖜𝖓

Ya boy is about to perform the absolute silliest of shit with this long awaited ash of war. Oh how I have longed to corkscrew through the air like a fighter jet on cocaine ever since I witness Radahn’s glory lmfao.

I have mixed opinions on Gaius. On the one hand, he was hyper aggressive and I barely had any room to breathe.

On the other hand, I beat him in like 10 attempts and he was nowhere near as fucking horrific as Rellana. She truly does need a rework or a nerf imo.

…So is this remembrance saying that Messmer was like an older brother to Radahn? I assume Messmer wasn’t an older brother to Godfrey because that makes negative sense. Also, there are no other characters with the lion epithet aside from Radahn and Godfrey. So…were Gaius and Messmer older than Radahn? Gaius’s armor also mentions he and Radahn had a spirited rivalry in youth.

But anyway…if Messmer is Radahn’s older brother, and Radahn was the son of Rennala and Radagon…well that means Radagon and Marika had Messmer before Radagon married Rennala. Which would confirm that Radagon and Marika were romantically involved before Radagon had any kids with Rennala. And if Messmer’s deformity (the abyssal serpent) is a result of Radagon and Marika being the same entity, this would seem to imply that Radagon and Marika were the same entity all along? Am I reading this right?

My theory was that the was Marika’s father and that the pregnant chick in the picture was a young Marika, pregnant with Godwyn. Which is just not even close to the actual truth lol.
we actually learn where Marika came from in the dlc though the location is kinda hidden

Jaguark101

"Dreams are Messages from the Deep"
‎‎

I think Messmer is the oldest child followed by Godwyn, Morgott and Mohg. Melina is most likely Messmer's sister.
Here's how it think it went.

Marika/Radagon had Messmer and Melina first

Marika then married Godfrey and had Godwyn, Morgott and Mohg.

Radagon then Married Renalla and had Rykard, Rani and Radhan.

In between this the children got to know each other and Messmer and Gaiuss were like older brothers to Radhan.

Messmer gets banished/sent on a crusade to the shadow realm and Gaiuss and Relanna follow him.

Radagon and Renalla then separated

Radagon/Marika had Maleania and Miquella.

Elder Lee Hung

Conqueror of the Stars
I fought the Scadutree Avatar, was a pretty fun boss but quite easy. Maybe my Scadutree blessing is just starting to really kick in because I solo’d it in 3 attempts.

I also wanted to fight Metyr, but I absolutely could not find her. The Finger Ruins of Rhya was one of the first areas I found in the DLC, so I was quite excited to find out what the secret to that area was, but when I discovered Metyr was like a Ranni length quest, I said fuck that I’ll fight her later. She doesn’t look that interesting from the leaks I’ve seen anyway.

Alright. SO. The final boss.

As you all know, I got involuntarily spoiled for this boss before I even booted up the DLC. So I knew it was Radahn for a while now. And I think my opinion on this boss initially is about the same as everyone else’s.

I was one of the original Radahn simps online. Like, from the very first Elden Ring trailer I was a fan of him, long before I heard any lore about his horse or whatever the average casual loves him for. I have always been a classic Radahn enjoyer.

The original nerf they gave to the Starscourge boss is one of FROM’s cardinal sins imo. Elden Ring is a game that to me just comes so close to perfection but falls short in some disappointing ways. And the Starscourge fight is a perfect example of that. His original fight was perfect. Just perfect. And then they nerfed him into a complete and utter fucking joke.

And that’s been Elden Ring for me for the past two years. Just so close…but hampered by some really confusingly incompetent decisions.

So now; this final boss. I love that we got a ton of more Radahn lore in this DLC, and I love that Radahn got to take his place as the Elden Lord*. I also love that they decided to pay homage to the Twin Princes from DS3 with Radahn and God Miquella. The Twin Princes is one of those S Tier FROM bosses for me, so seeing Elden Ring pay homage to that is great. God Miquella really feels like what Elden Ring has been building up to for two years.

However, I really feel like FROM let the outside world influence them in their decision to include Radahn in this bossfight. We all know this was supposed to be Godwyn. Anyone who has even casually looked into Elden Ring lore knows this, and the deeper you look, the deeper you realize this fight should have been prime Godwyn and Miquella and not Radahn and Miquella.

So even as a casual Radahn Enjoyer, I feel like Godwyn got absolutely robbed and the story suffers for it as a result.

While I do enjoy some of the twists and deeper lore implications of Miquella and Radahn being involved in a conspiracy, there is just no way this was supposed to be Radahn. Once again Elden Ring sniffs perfection and then falls flat on its face by letting Tik Tok culture and Radahn’s popularity in the greater fandom rob what should have been really the best boss in Fromsoft history.

Anyway. I’ll give more thoughts on this b boss after I clear it but the final boss of Elden Ring is emblematic of all of Elden Ring for me. Just so tragically close but falls short due to confusing incompetence.

Jaguark101

"Dreams are Messages from the Deep"
‎‎
I fought the Scadutree Avatar, was a pretty fun boss but quite easy. Maybe my Scadutree blessing is just starting to really kick in because I solo’d it in 3 attempts.

I also wanted to fight Metyr, but I absolutely could not find her. The Finger Ruins of Rhya was one of the first areas I found in the DLC, so I was quite excited to find out what the secret to that area was, but when I discovered Metyr was like a Ranni length quest, I said fuck that I’ll fight her later. She doesn’t look that interesting from the leaks I’ve seen anyway.

Alright. SO. The final boss.

As you all know, I got involuntarily spoiled for this boss before I even booted up the DLC. So I knew it was Radahn for a while now. And I think my opinion on this boss initially is about the same as everyone else’s.

I was one of the original Radahn simps online. Like, from the very first Elden Ring trailer I was a fan of him, long before I heard any lore about his horse or whatever the average casual loves him for. I have always been a classic Radahn enjoyer.

The original nerf they gave to the Starscourge boss is one of FROM’s cardinal sins imo. Elden Ring is a game that to me just comes so close to perfection but falls short in some disappointing ways. And the Starscourge fight is a perfect example of that. His original fight was perfect. Just perfect. And then they nerfed him into a complete and utter fucking joke.

And that’s been Elden Ring for me for the past two years. Just so close…but hampered by some really confusingly incompetent decisions.

So now; this final boss. I love that we got a ton of more Radahn lore in this DLC, and I love that Radahn got to take his place as the Elden Lord*. I also love that they decided to pay homage to the Twin Princes from DS3 with Radahn and God Miquella. The Twin Princes is one of those S Tier FROM bosses for me, so seeing Elden Ring pay homage to that is great. God Miquella really feels like what Elden Ring has been building up to for two years.

However, I really feel like FROM let the outside world influence them in their decision to include Radahn in this bossfight. We all know this was supposed to be Godwyn. Anyone who has even casually looked into Elden Ring lore knows this, and the deeper you look, the deeper you realize this fight should have been prime Godwyn and Miquella and not Radahn and Miquella.

So even as a casual Radahn Enjoyer, I feel like Godwyn got absolutely robbed and the story suffers for it as a result.

While I do enjoy some of the twists and deeper lore implications of Miquella and Radahn being involved in a conspiracy, there is just no way this was supposed to be Radahn. Once again Elden Ring sniffs perfection and then falls flat on its face by letting Tik Tok culture and Radahn’s popularity in the greater fandom rob what should have been really the best boss in Fromsoft history.

Anyway. I’ll give more thoughts on this b boss after I clear it but the final boss of Elden Ring is emblematic of all of Elden Ring for me. Just so tragically close but falls short due to confusing incompetence.
Metyr quest is not long at all and can be completed in like 15 mins. Go to the Abyss cathedral in the scadu altus area.