Elden Ring

This is mine so far:

Bayle: GOATED

The Consort: Brutally hard but an excellent challenge, has some lore issues but still stellar. I haven’t beaten this one yet. Phase 2 seems impossible to me right now.

Messmer: Was frustrating to learn but fun once I mastered him.

Gaius
Pubescant Knight
Scadutree Avatar

Lion Dance

The rot bug thing that is so forgettable I forgot her name (Googled, Romina)

Rellana: Absolutely broken, needs a nerf

What are your issues with the lore concerning the final boss?
Post automatically merged:

@Lee Ba Shou i'm now trying to parry the final boss to death lol

This is what I ended up resorting to do lmao

I actually was able to no-hit him this way though I got God RNG on my run

Elder Lee Hung

Conqueror of the Stars
What are your issues with the lore concerning the final boss?
I fought the Scadutree Avatar, was a pretty fun boss but quite easy. Maybe my Scadutree blessing is just starting to really kick in because I solo’d it in 3 attempts.

I also wanted to fight Metyr, but I absolutely could not find her. The Finger Ruins of Rhya was one of the first areas I found in the DLC, so I was quite excited to find out what the secret to that area was, but when I discovered Metyr was like a Ranni length quest, I said fuck that I’ll fight her later. She doesn’t look that interesting from the leaks I’ve seen anyway.

Alright. SO. The final boss.

As you all know, I got involuntarily spoiled for this boss before I even booted up the DLC. So I knew it was Radahn for a while now. And I think my opinion on this boss initially is about the same as everyone else’s.

I was one of the original Radahn simps online. Like, from the very first Elden Ring trailer I was a fan of him, long before I heard any lore about his horse or whatever the average casual loves him for. I have always been a classic Radahn enjoyer.

The original nerf they gave to the Starscourge boss is one of FROM’s cardinal sins imo. Elden Ring is a game that to me just comes so close to perfection but falls short in some disappointing ways. And the Starscourge fight is a perfect example of that. His original fight was perfect. Just perfect. And then they nerfed him into a complete and utter fucking joke.

And that’s been Elden Ring for me for the past two years. Just so close…but hampered by some really confusingly incompetent decisions.

So now; this final boss. I love that we got a ton of more Radahn lore in this DLC, and I love that Radahn got to take his place as the Elden Lord*. I also love that they decided to pay homage to the Twin Princes from DS3 with Radahn and God Miquella. The Twin Princes is one of those S Tier FROM bosses for me, so seeing Elden Ring pay homage to that is great. God Miquella really feels like what Elden Ring has been building up to for two years.

However, I really feel like FROM let the outside world influence them in their decision to include Radahn in this bossfight. We all know this was supposed to be Godwyn. Anyone who has even casually looked into Elden Ring lore knows this, and the deeper you look, the deeper you realize this fight should have been prime Godwyn and Miquella and not Radahn and Miquella.

So even as a casual Radahn Enjoyer, I feel like Godwyn got absolutely robbed and the story suffers for it as a result.

While I do enjoy some of the twists and deeper lore implications of Miquella and Radahn being involved in a conspiracy, there is just no way this was supposed to be Radahn. Once again Elden Ring sniffs perfection and then falls flat on its face by letting Tik Tok culture and Radahn’s popularity in the greater fandom rob what should have been really the best boss in Fromsoft history.

Anyway. I’ll give more thoughts on this b boss after I clear it but the final boss of Elden Ring is emblematic of all of Elden Ring for me. Just so tragically close but falls short due to confusing incompetence.

To those thoughts, while I agree that at face value all signs seemed to point towards Godwyn, FROM does craft there lore intentionally vaguely which gives them room to recontextualize basically however they like. And while you're probably right that FROM let outside opinions influence who the boss ended up being, I don't think they did it in a way that fractured any established lore and I believe it did serve added purpose in explaining more about why Malenia essentially kamikaze'd Caelid. I think as far as Godwyn goes, his story is meant to be one of tragedy and missed potential. He was supposed to be the poster child of the Golden Order, possibly one who could even succeed Marika as God of the Lands Between. But as we all know all that could've been was shattered on the night of the black knives. I think FROM were intentional about giving the player some possible degree of hope, just as some demigods (i.e. Miquella) thought he still might be able to return. But Destined Death is... well it's Destined. There's no running from it as far as I know. As much as it might feel a little fanservice-y having the final boss be Radahn, I imagine FROM would have a much harder time crafting a convincing explanation as to how Godwyn would be able to come back with his soul essentially being deleted. In all honesty, I'd rather have just had a solo Miquella battle. Now while conceptually I don't have really any issues with the fight, I do think the execution could've been better. Like you, I adore the Twin Princes fight and as you said this was obviously taking inspiration from those roots. However, the second phase of this fight doesn't really feel like you're fighting two different entities, as it did with Lorian and Lothric. Instead, it just feels like Radahn's attacks got powered up. I wish we had gotten more Miquella focused attacks, because the only one he does have isn't even engaging at all, you just run away

Also that quick doubleswipe attack he does into the cross attack, is undeniable bullshit. Rest of his attacks are learnable though.

@Lee Ba Shou

Elder Lee Hung

Conqueror of the Stars
How are your attempts at the final boss going @Lee Ba Shou
Phase 1 is going well. He has some tricky timings and spacing but largely I feel like he’s fair. I’ve got his phase 1 down well enough but he still kills me in phase 1 pretty occasionally. I’m not using any summons btw.

Phase 2 is about as much of a shitshow as you might suspect lmfao. I feel like I typically die in less than ten seconds of him actually beginning his combos. Not gonna lie, I’m YouTubing guides on phase 2. I feel like he kills me so rapidly that I don’t have any real time to learn him.

TheKnightOfTheSea

𝕷𝖔𝖗𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓'𝖘 𝕾𝖕𝖆𝖜𝖓
Phase 1 is going well. He has some tricky timings and spacing but largely I feel like he’s fair. I’ve got his phase 1 down well enough but he still kills me in phase 1 pretty occasionally. I’m not using any summons btw.

Phase 2 is about as much of a shitshow as you might suspect lmfao. I feel like I typically die in less than ten seconds of him actually beginning his combos. Not gonna lie, I’m YouTubing guides on phase 2. I feel like he kills me so rapidly that I don’t have any real time to learn him.
i'm in a pretty similar boat

i have tried using summons a few attempts, and most of the time they lose 30% of their hp from his first attack so i don't see the point.

phase 1 i can dodge most attacks. it's alright... but i feel like for the amount of damage he takes and does to you he should have way more openings. At most i can only get 2-3 hits with a moonveil of all things and that does neglible damage

phase 2 is ridiculous, i might have to switch my build

Midra's weapon skill is fucking ridiculous in PvP, I can't believe it can one-shot you.

As a Midra fan, i hope Fromsoft doesn't nerf it.

Midra's weapon skill is fucking ridiculous in PvP, I can't believe it can one-shot you.

And the follow-up L2 when you miss ilthe first strike is overpowered.

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness

And the follow-up L2 when you miss ilthe first strike is overpowered.
The Bloodfiend Arm with blood infusion is also broken. It has 200 build up and one shots players with the normaL L2. Just slap endure on it and swing for the fences

This femboy is slapping my cheeks bruh.

And you love it(as do I)

Jaguark101

"Dreams are Messages from the Deep"
‎‎
Lightning infused set up 2 shots every boss

It's ridiculous
its insane how OP the Lighting Perufmer with the Rolling sparks AOW is and the build I had in the video is not even at its full potential! You can buff it even more with madness buff and it can legit two shot the boss.

Fromsoft is 100% gonna nerf the AOW damage lol. Use it while you can.

Phase 2's attacks are definitely much less intuitive than phase 1's though I can give you some pointers on specific moves if you'd like

I think they're all learnable though besides that bullshit double swipe -> cross attack

New patch just dropped, Rolling Sparks/Perfome bottles got killed, Bloodfiends Arm got hit with a nerf, same with Fireknight GS

Expected stuff.

FWIW @Blackbeard I don't think Midra's sword was touched!

Last edited: