Elden Ring

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
Phase 2's attacks are definitely much less intuitive than phase 1's though I can give you some pointers on specific moves if you'd like

I think they're all learnable though besides that bullshit double swipe -> cross attack
Post automatically merged:

New patch just dropped, Rolling Sparks/Perfome bottles got killed, Bloodfiends Arm got hit with a nerf, same with Fireknight GS

Expected stuff.

FWIW @Blackbeard I don't think Midra's sword was touched!
Bloodfiend Arm still bonkers. Charged R2 still bleed procs with one hit on most mobs, and 2 charged R2s can bleed and stagger many bosses(final boss included).

Bloodfiend Arm still bonkers. Charged R2 still bleed procs with one hit on most mobs, and 2 charged R2s can bleed and stagger many bosses(final boss included).
Oh Dang I hadn't tested it out yet I thought they'd hit it harder than that.

Aha, see!!! I wasn’t the only one who thinks Midra is Marika’s father!!!

I could be mistaken, but I also believe that the dying flowers in Shaman Village are the same as the ones outside of Midra's Manse

I FUCKING DID IT!!!!

@TheKnightOfTheSea

Wait I thought u already did it
I thought you killed him already lmao. Well done. How many tries did it take? I beat him 2 days ago after 28 attempts. That 2nd phase was a ridiculous
bro I usually never cry about boss being difficult but his second phase is STRAIGHT UP unfair, had to chesse him with constantly stances breaking him with the crack tear

Elder Lee Hung

Conqueror of the Stars
I thought you killed him already lmao. Well done. How many tries did it take? I beat him 2 days ago after 28 attempts. That 2nd phase was a ridiculous

bro I usually never cry about boss being difficult but his second phase is STRAIGHT UP unfair, had to chesse him with constantly stances breaking him with the crack tear
Nope, I beat Bayle a while ago but this was my first time beating him.

It took me literally 8 hours of my 30 hour SOTE experience to beat the Consort lmfao. And in that footage, when you see me switching to a single axe to guard from the light nuke, that was sheer desperation and not something I attempted until that exact moment.

I have never experienced a boss that hard in my entire life. I stayed true to my commitment not to summon but I did have to resort to YouTube guides for a few of his attacks. Legit I think he has a few attacks that you are simply not supposed to react to and either straight up predict them or just pray he doesn’t use them. I could be having a flawless run and then he’d just zero to death me immediately. I will say though, I felt as though he didn’t have any Waterfowl level bullshit, he just had an ultra high skill ceiling. He also wasn’t a war crime like Maliketh, just stupidly fucking hard.

I plan on doing a boss tier list later.

Insane that you did it with Godfrey Axe which i think is underpowered, how well is the poise damage with it?
I actually could stance break him but it depended entirely on how aggressive he was and if he gave me the right punish windows in sequence. It was rare that I stance broke him though, I maybe only stance broke him 10 times in 8 hours.

It took me literally 8 hours of my 30 hour SOTE experience to beat the Consort lmfao. And in that footage, when you see me switching to a single axe to guard from the light nuke, that was sheer desperation and not something I attempted until that exact moment.

I have never experienced a boss that hard in my entire life. I stayed true to my commitment not to summon but I did have to resort to YouTube guides for a few of his attacks. Legit I think he has a few attacks that you are simply not supposed to react to and either straight up predict them or just pray he doesn’t use them. I could be having a flawless run and then he’d just zero to death me immediately. I will say though, I felt as though he didn’t have any Waterfowl level bullshit, he just had an ultra high skill ceiling. He also wasn’t a war crime like Maliketh, just stupidly fucking hard.

I actually could stance break him but it depended entirely on how aggressive he was and if he gave me the right punish windows in sequence. It was rare that I stance broke him though, I maybe only stance broke him 4 times in 8 hours.
Malenia was way much more fun to me. Her fight took more skill while consort, you have to pray and get lucky.

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness

Wouldn't really call it unfair(that's more Commander Gaius). There's just so much going on that it throws off your timing. Most of his moves are the same as phase 1 but with added light attacks. You have to keep dodging TOWARDS him. Anywhere else and you get hit.

I actually could stance break him but it depended entirely on how aggressive he was and if he gave me the right punish windows in sequence. It was rare that I stance broke him though, I maybe only stance broke him 4 times in 8 hours.
I went with power-stanced Giant Crushers & Claw talisman & Raptor's Black Feathers & poise tear & Royal Resolve AoW and his second phase stance was barely getting broken at all.

The unbelievable happened, the Consort overwhelmed the ultimate bonk.

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness

I actually could stance break him but it depended entirely on how aggressive he was and if he gave me the right punish windows in sequence. It was rare that I stance broke him though, I maybe only stance broke him 10 times in 8 hours.
I went with power-stanced Giant Crushers & Claw talisman & Raptor's Black Feathers & poise tear & Royal Resolve AoW and his second phase stance was barely getting broken at all.

The unbelievable happened, the Consort overwhelmed the ultimate bonk.
Phase 1 stance breaks after 3 charged R2s, and his poise damage carries over to phase 2. My strategy was to weaken his poise in phase 1, and the stance break him in phase 2 for massive damage. Success improved massively when I found that out by chance.

Wouldn't really call it unfair(that's more Commander Gaius). There's just so much going on that it throws off your timing. Most of his moves are the same as phase 1 but with added light attacks. You have to keep dodging TOWARDS him. Anywhere else and you get hit.
Consort second phase is so fast, has all kind of ranged attacks and close range attacks, u cant roll out of the way to keep distance cause the lights will hit u, so the solution is to roll in right? Fuck no cause he has moves that if u roll in you'll die, like his double swing

Elder Lee Hung

Conqueror of the Stars
My Shadow of the Erdtree boss tier list:

I am glad to say that there were no F tier bosses in this DLC of the ones I experienced. Rellana came damn close but I think if they tweak her a little bit, she could be great. As things stand she’s just too cracked for a colossal weapon enjoyer such as myself. The Golden Hippopotamus and its clones were also crap but at least they weren’t overly challenging.

For the most part, I think Elden Ring’s rememberance bosses for me sit around the B-A tier. The Putrescent Knight pushed C tier for his annoyance but overall I don’t think he was bad. The Lion Dance was also quite frustrating but my Scadutree blessing wasn’t leveled so maybe it wasn’t the boss itself.

The big three standouts were of course Messmer, Bayle, and the Consort.

Messmer was frustrating as hell to learn but once I learned him I loved him. His move set was super cool and he had some outrageous lore that completely shook up my understanding of all the lore.

Bayle was just so peak. I didn’t think FROM would surpass Midir for dragon fights but for me Bayle was that guy. His buildup and the battle itself was the most peak shit in the DLC.

Lastly, the consort. I struggled for a while on what I thought of this boss, but beating him was the most memorable experience in all of Elden Ring. I have my own problems with the lore of this battle, and he’s not a perfect boss, but for me he was the perfect combination of spectacle and difficulty. So I give him a tentative SS for now. Definitely either the best or second best boss in Elden Ring beside Bayle.