Elden Ring

This might blow your mind.

But at level 1, Maliketh is unironically easier than Morgott.

When all bosses are allowed to one-shot you, I think Morgott might actually be the hardest boss in the game other than Malenia.

This might blow your mind.

But at level 1, Maliketh is unironically easier than Morgott.

When all bosses are allowed to one-shot you, I think Morgott might actually be the hardest boss in the game other than Malenia.
I can see that. Morgott was the first real struggle for me that I had to summon a real player for help. Could not get his moveset down at all.

@Garp the Fist @Fleet Admiral Lee Hung @Plex @Jaguark101 @TheKnightOfTheSea

Mastered (almost) Maliketh at level 1 with no summons.

Phase 1
https://streamable.com/hpa5kn

Phase 2
https://streamable.com/iz9jid

I got clipped by his dagger in the first phase thanks to my frost proc obfuscating the view, but I had the opaline tear which lets you make one mistake so I was fine.

Fleet admiral, I think you should try the fight out with katanas, cuz I genuinely think this might be my favorite in all soulsborne outside of Sekiro.

The intensity is amazing when you can punish almost everything he does.

Last edited:

TheKnightOfTheSea

𝕷𝖔𝖗𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓'𝖘 𝕾𝖕𝖆𝖜𝖓
@Garp the Fist @Fleet Admiral Lee Hung @Plex @Jaguark101 @TheKnightOfTheSea

Mastered (almost) Maliketh at level 1 with no summons.

Phase 1
https://streamable.com/hpa5kn

Phase 2
https://streamable.com/iz9jid

I got clipped by his dagger in the first phase thanks to my frost proc obfuscating the view, but I had the opaline tear which lets you make one mistake so I was fine.

Fleet admiral, I think you should try the fight out with katanas, cuz I genuinely think this might be my favorite in all soulsborne outside of Sekiro.

The intensity is amazing when you can punish almost everything he does.
Damn, nice job on him.

Didn't get the tag so: @Garp the Fist @Fleet Admiral Lee Hung @Plex @Jaguark101

This is basically a no hit/damage challenge against a boss capable to one shot my Lv. 190 character with her spamming attack (my Vigor stat is 50 including a certain item boosting my HP even further). Good luck man.
Post automatically merged:

Btw, in a video, I've seen the amount of damage which Radahn makes with his meteor attack. It's around 11000... crazy.

This is basically a no hit/damage challenge against a boss capable to one shot my Lv. 190 character with her spamming attack (my Vigor stat is 50 including a certain item boosting my HP even further). Good luck man.
I think I'm gonna take like a week break lol. I must have died like 50+ times but I have phase 1 down and can dodge WFD at point blank (that's her spammy attack) with like a 70-ish % success rate. My brain/concentration just starts to break down like a quarter of the way into phase 2 so I think I'm burning out.

Btw, in a video, I've seen the amount of damage which Radahn makes with his meteor attack. It's around 11000... crazy.
But it's very hard to get hit by the meteor attack after you've seen it once. Nerfed Radahn comparatively is actually not that hard solo even at level 1 at least in my experience.

Can you all tell me what the Elden Beast is supposed to be? I've seen some comments mentioning how the Elden Beast has the Laniakea Supercluster inside its body which is worth of 100.000 entire galaxies. Is it some cosmic being? Also, there were countless Erdtrees in the boss arena being guarded by the Elden Beast, does each Erdtree represent a world?

Can you all tell me what the Elden Beast is supposed to be? I've seen some comments mentioning how the Elden Beast has the Laniakea Supercluster inside its body which is worth of 100.000 entire galaxies. Is it some cosmic being? Also, there were countless Erdtrees in the boss arena being guarded by the Elden Beast, does each Erdtree represent a world?
It’s a vassal sent by the Greater Will (basically a capital G god - there’s a few mentioned in the game that you never see) to claim the lands between.

@Sentinel check out Vaati’s video on the lore. It’s not perfect but it’s a good introduction

Do not trust any Vaati videos to teach you Souls lore
:choppawhat:
This is why I said introduction.
:goyea:

The biggest mystery for me in the lore is Marika. The narrative the game tells/implies to you at the beginning that she broke the ring out of spite for the greater will when Godwyn died but there’s a lot of evidence that that’s bullshit and she’s way more malicious than that. Kinda like Gwynn in DS1. The more we learn from the games the more malicious/evil he seems. It’s the same with Marika.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
This is why I said introduction.
:goyea:

The biggest mystery for me in the lore is Marika. The narrative the game tells/implies to you at the beginning that she broke the ring out of spite for the greater will when Godwyn died but there’s a lot of evidence that that’s bullshit and she’s way more malicious than that. Kinda like Gwynn in DS1. The more we learn from the games the more malicious/evil he seems. It’s the same with Marika.
Controversial take (?): I don’t think Gwyn is evil. I think he loved the Age of Fire so much that he lost sight of himself trying to defend it. He had his Uncle Lloyd putting very unhealthy thoughts about propaganda and such into his head which lead to a lot of his more “evil” actions. But in the end, he sacrificed his own soul to save the people he wanted to save.

Why do people think Marika is evil? She seems to me to just be a Greater Will puppet.

Gwyn as a character >>> Marika imo.

Controversial take (?): I don’t think Gwyn is evil. I think he loved the Age of Fire so much that he lost sight of himself trying to defend it. He had his Uncle Lloyd putting very unhealthy thoughts about propaganda and such into his head which lead to a lot of his more “evil” actions. But in the end, he sacrificed his own soul to save the people he wanted to save.

Why do people think Marika is evil? She seems to me to just be a Greater Will puppet.

Gwyn as a character >>> Marika imo.
Well, Marika broke the Elden Ring for starters.

The first story/reason for that you get is that she did it out of defiance for the Greater Will when Godwyn died. And there’s a lot of evidence.

But then through dialogue in Ranni’s quest and some of Maliketh’s item descriptions, there seems to be some pretty strong indications that Marika herself actually orchestrated Godwyn’s killing. Gideon’s dialogue too “Queen Marika has high hopes for us — to struggle into eternity” and some of Melina “Marika sought to test the the Golden order through chaos” support that as well.

So then we have two narratives forming either
1) Marika became disillusioned with the greater will after Godwyn’s death and broke the ring.
Or
2) Marika has been secretly/maliciously acting against the Greater Will for some time before breaking the ring.

To me it’s very reminiscent of Gwyn’s motivations being super weird/unclear in Ds1