Future Events End of One Piece soon?

N

NeutralWatcher

My headcannon:

Elbaf: Ending of Big Mom. She might join Luffy or not.
Raijin Island: Return of Enel. Urouge finally woud play a major part.
Vegapunk: Might revolve around Sanji since Vegapunk worked with Judge in the past. Vegapunk might modify Sanji's RS. Or maybe revolve around Franky and this might be Franky's arc.
Raftel: Law might betray Luffy. Luffy might have a death match with Kidd. Luffy vs Shanks/Luffy/Blackbeard/Shanks vs Blackbeard
Mariejois: Rescuing Vivi/Sabo, Luffy might reunite with Dragon. SH alliance vs WG.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
What is nice is that One Piece already has it all set up as opposed to other manga (Bleach/Naruto) which have shoehorned their final arc plots as entirely new material. But so far, even if its the "end", one piece has to serve a gargantuan amount of plotwork to service the story:

- Blackbeard and Shanks, their crews, their presence and how important they factor into the remaining story (Rocks, One Piece, etc).
- The World Government (Im, Gorosei, Kong, subordinates): An increased focus on what they are, who they are, revelations etc.
- The Marines (Akainu, Admirals, Vice Admirals, Garp, Sengoku, Smoker, Koby, etc). How all the split ideologies end up. Fates of marines in general.
- The Revolutionaries (Dragon, Sabo, Ivankov, the 4 commanders) and their overall goals. Dragon's motivations. Relation to Kuma and what Kuma's goals were. Relation to Vegapunk and the Marines overall.
- Locations such as Elbaf, God Valley, Lodestar, etc being further touched upon. Finding the final Road Poneglyph.
- Laugh Tale as a whole
- How the Final War (s) play out.
- Supernova fates
- Strawhat Fleet Importance
- All of the hidden mysteries, lore, etc (Ancient Weapons, Will of D. Void Century)
- Strawhat Dreams
- One Piece itself

And this doesn't even touch on the secondary shit that needs addressing (Weevil, Silver Medalists escaping Impel Down, etc) or how major characters continue to factor into the plot (Mihawk, Vivi, Sabo, Hancock, Crocodile, etc).

Its going to massive man. I don't get how people think it will only take another 4-5 years and 200 chapters lol. Wano itself is almost a 100 chapters with no end in sight and it itself is only a conclusion of a massive 400 chapter plotline with 2 Yonko, to which its even teasing MORE with Rocks.
Post automatically merged:

Tbh, I see the entire epilogue taking almost a year to do, and I can see Oda enjoying that shit. He spent nearly 10 chapters before the timeskip updating everyone about most characters. Now imagine having to tie up a vast amount of additional characters with definitive ends. I can see a ton of individual chapters after the end.

What i don't understand is how people think Oda could spend nearly 450 chapters so far on the New World and 2 Yonko (granted with their massive crews and a ton of island inhabitants like Dressrosa, WCI or Wano) and not expect him to spend nearly as much time on vastly more important characters.

I think people are severely underestimating the longevity of how much is likely left, because the characters that do need panel time are way more important than Scabbards or secondary BMP or Beasts Pirate members. Its going to an interesting few years to say the least. I dont see Oda rushing his magnum opus, nor anyone forcing him to. Its too special to rush.
Agreed on every single one of those things, that’s all important to what’s at the core of the series. I don’t see it being finished in a satisfactory way in just five years, so it’s gonna take longer than that, but at least we know we’re entering the homestretch...

The next major arc will most likely mark the beginning of the last saga, not the last arc. There's no way Oda can wrap everything up in a single arc after Wano without it being completely indigestible. Wano is the last major arc of the Yonko Saga which began with Zo, next will be the Void Century Saga (or Laugh Tale Saga/Final War Saga or whatever you want to call it), which will include at the very least Elbaf Arc, Laugh Tale Arc and Mary Geoise Arc.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
The next major arc will most likely mark the beginning of the last saga, not the last arc. There's no way Oda can wrap everything up in a single arc after Wano without it being completely indigestible. Wano is the last major arc of the Yonko Saga which began with Zo, next will be the Void Century Saga (or Laugh Tale Saga/Final War Saga or whatever you want to call it), which will include at the very least Elbaf Arc, Laugh Tale Arc and Mary Geoise Arc.
That’s what I picked up as well, calling whatever’s after Wano the last ARC is about as wrong as it gets :laughmoji:

IMO WCI arc could have been a lot shorter but that took so long as well, I can see this taking 10 years to finish because Oda will probably expand on everything like WCI.

WCI could have been finished in a year but it took 2 years to do

Main issue is when you have 20-25 characters in an arc that need to be highlighted in some fashion it's gonna take a while to complete an arc

And even on a grander scale, while Zo was the "beginning" of the Yonko Saga, it technically started back when the timeskip started.

- While FI was pretty isolated for an arc, it directly tied to the Reverie, Jinbe and Big Mom.
- Punk Hazard and Dressrosa both set up Smile, and while central to Caesar and Doflamingo, entirely tie Law's whole goal of destabilizing a Yonko, i.e. Kaido.
- Big Mom resonated throughout both PH and DR, with Gigantification experiments being tied to her character and Caesar, followed by her splitting half of Luffy's crew at DR to lead to WCI.

The next "Saga" is the culmination of everything. We start back again at the next Fishman Island or Punk Hazard or Zo. An arc where little is known but it leads into bigger plotwork that is tied to the ending. This could be Blackbeard's Beehive Island, Vegapunk's facility, the main location for the Underworld Emperors, or something entirely unknown. It could also be Elbaf, but I personally have my doubts in that being "small" at all.

That’s what I picked up as well, calling whatever’s after Wano the last ARC is about as wrong as it gets :laughmoji:

Even more than that, apparently the word being translated to "Arc" is just a choice of words. It can also be translated to "Saga" or "Plotline". Other people around the web seem to have similar feelings about that.

It more sounds like to me that everything is coming together, via a string of arcs like the Yonko "Saga", that will finally allow One Piece to end.

And even on a grander scale, while Zo was the "beginning" of the Yonko Saga, it technically started back when the timeskip started.

- While FI was pretty isolated for an arc, it directly tied to the Reverie, Jinbe and Big Mom.
- Punk Hazard and Dressrosa both set up Smile, and while central to Caesar and Doflamingo, entirely tie Law's whole goal of destabilizing a Yonko, i.e. Kaido.
- Big Mom resonated throughout both PH and DR, with Gigantification experiments being tied to her character and Caesar, followed by her splitting half of Luffy's crew at DR to lead to WCI.

The next "Saga" is the culmination of everything. We start back again at the next Fishman Island or Punk Hazard or Zo. An arc where little is known but it leads into bigger plotwork that is tied to the ending. This could be Blackbeard's Beehive Island, Vegapunk's facility, the main location for the Underworld Emperors, or something entirely unknown. It could also be Elbaf, but I personally have my doubts in that being "small" at all.

Even more than that, apparently the word being translated to "Arc" is just a choice of words. It can also be translated to "Saga" or "Plotline". Other people around the web seem to have similar feelings about that.

It more sounds like to me that everything is coming together, via a string of arcs like the Yonko "Saga", that will finally allow One Piece to end.
Yeah, I guess we can say everything that happened between FI and Wano can be called "the New World Saga".

I'd imagine it'll end in ~7 years, which would be the 30th anniversary.

Then Toei can release a big movie, they can throw some money at the final arc, big media circus to squeeze the most money as they can out of the end.

Before the inevitable half-arsed sequel that Oda is barely involved in comes around.

Then Toei can release a big movie, they can throw some money at the final arc, big media circus to squeeze the most money as they can out of the end.

Before the inevitable half-arsed sequel that Oda is barely involved in comes around.
If only it were that perfect:/ I personally see it ending near that but probably getting past that on the account of Oda's wonderful pacing lol. He can't help himself and I don't expect him to get any better with more important characters and plotlines. I expect him to spend more time on those events actually.

And that last point better never happen. Hopefully Oda outright refuses anyone who tries to create a sequel in this world.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower

We won’t get this because it’s a shonen, but I think it’d be cool if the fated sequel series focused on a daughter of Luffy’s rather than a son. Can you imagine the kind of crew that would be amassed by a female protagonist with the wide-eyed optimism of her father combined with the brash and deadly fury of her mother, Boa Hancock? :wellwell: