Future Events End of One Piece soon?

We won’t get this because it’s a shonen, but I think it’d be cool if the fated sequel series focused on a daughter of Luffy’s rather than a son. Can you imagine the kind of crew that would be amassed by a female protagonist with the wide-eyed optimism of her father combined with the brash and deadly fury of her mother, Boa Hancock? :wellwell:
Then Sanji's son will harass her.

I'm under the thought still that Luffy will probably die at the end. No will, no heir. A blip in the universe. In 2 years, he conquers the seas, then is gone. There are hefty death flags on his character and giving up his life for what he believes in.
Post automatically merged:

Where's Paper Champion?:milaugh:
Everywhere, and nowhere.

Can't see the series ending before chapter 1250-1300, which would be around 7-8 years left going by the number of chapters released every year I think.
If Wano ends around Chapter 1050 (lets say, another 60 chapters), then people would have to assume that the rest of the series gets tied up neatly in 200-250 chapters to fit within that span lol. That would be the length from Zo to Wano. Its... not a lot for One Piece to use in the grand scheme of things.

Last edited:
I'm under the thought still that Luffy will probably die at the end. A blip in the universe. In 2 years, he conquers the seas, then is gone. There are hefty death flags on his character and giving up his life for what he believes in.
I'm not sure, Oda tried so hard to instill this idea into us that I feel like it's a red-herring. Chopper might save him with a cure for all diseases.

I'm under the thought still that Luffy will probably die at the end. No will, no heir. A blip in the universe. In 2 years, he conquers the seas, then is gone. There are hefty death flags on his character and giving up his life for what he believes in.

Everywhere, and nowhere.

If Wano ends around Chapter 1050 (lets say, another 60 chapters), then people would have to assume that the rest of the series gets tied up neatly in 200-250 chapters to fit within that span lol. That would be the length from Zo to Wano. Its... not a lot for One Piece to use in the grand scheme of things.
1250-1300 is the bare minimum assuming Oda starts rushing, personally I don't expect the series to end before chapter 1400

act 3 has been 30 chapters, so im guessing it's maybe at most a couple more chapters until act 4 and then another 30 chapters for act 4 and then 10 chapters for act 5
Which about adds up to mid-1000s in terms of the arc possibly ending. Knowing Oda, I can see Act 3 lasting another 10 chapters and Act 4 lasting 40-50 on its own, but its all personal estimates right now. We just don't know how long or dragged out the main battles will be.

And thats even with the hope that 2 Yonko and their crews go down this arc. If BM doesn't, thats an additional plot to serve later. If the Rocks plot isn't over by the end, then that is yet another plotline not yet finished from Wano.

Crazy stuff.

Just to kind of add to this conversation:

編 or Hen, can mean "Arc", "Saga" or "Storyline". The Japanese interchange it a lot.

Just to mention:

- Chapters 1-597 were called the "Sea of Survival: The Super Rookies Saga" while 598-present is the "Final Sea: New World Saga".
They represent the 2 major Saga's in OP.

- Then, a level below are the minor "Sagas". Paramount War "Saga" or Yonko "Saga". They contain smaller arcs.

- Then you have Arcs, such as Wano Arc or WCI Arc.

All of these use that same word in Japanese. Meaning, we dont know what the "Final Arc" truly means in this translation. Its definitely not arc (by the island example anyway), but we have no idea if they mean Saga as in another "Yonko Saga" level Saga or even greater than this as with the 2 Major Saga names. Theres no indication to tell what they mean here.

Regardless the "Final" Arc/Saga/SAGA is going to be a big one. It won't be quick by any means. Theres tons to cover.

I think will end around chapter 1400.

Could be like:
-Wano end around chapter 1075

-(75 chapters) A next Arc about the last Road Poneglyph, pehaps in Elbaf. With Luffy finally meeting Shanks.

-(100 chapters) Arc about the way to Laftel and what is there, where the conflict Luffy vs Teach happen.

-(150 chapters) Final Arc with the final conflict against Im and the WG, the so called Great War, ending in the "Dawn of the World" with fishmans in surface, red line destroyed, Whales reunited, Sea Kings ending the Calm Belt and the formation of the "all blue".

Do you guys believe OP will end with Teach's defeat and the nakamas fulfilling their final goals?

Or there will be something else?

Imo, regardless of what happens to Big Mom, Kaido, Rocks, whatever in Wano or the next few arcs:

- The SSG/New Pacifista's/Kuma/Vegapunk.
- Loki/Big Mom (if she doesn't fall here)/ something Rocks related if left unresolved by Wano
- Akainu and his Admirals
- Blackbeard and his crew/Im, the Gorosei,Kong, etc (I can see both going down together, 3 way battle. Im wants both dead apparently)
- Shanks and his crew (with Mihawk)

I still have big beliefs that Shanks really is the last obstacle for Luffy, being that he is entirely related to the beginning of this manga.

I'm not sure where or how Oda will factor a few more islands (Elbaf, Lodestar) and Laugh Tale into all of this, but they definitely need to go to Mariejois/Fishman Island for the final war it seems, as that conflict/destruction was entirely prophesied so makes sense to.

Anyway, I dont think Laugh Tale is the last location this manga will take us, but God Valley. I think there is a hefty mystery behind that island and I think its related to Shanks (he essentially needs Luffy to help him find it). Logically, I do see Laugh Tale happening before the Final War, primarily because Roger found out everything but couldn't act on it, while Luffy now can because Shirahoshini is alive. Something like:

- Some smaller island post-Wano (Beehive?)
- Vegapunk's Facility (maybe even on Elbaf?)
- Elbaf
- Lodestar
- Laugh Tale (They learn why/how they can stop the WG/Blackbeard)
- New Marineford (Final War)
- Mariejois/Fishman Island (Final War)
- God Valley (Post-Final War)

Is my thought in all of this. Obviously it will be wrong, but fun to think about. But I do think Shanks' motivation is not Laugh Tale related, but God Valley related. Both have in common being hidden islands in the world with mystery surrounding them. Plus, Shanks is as old a the God Valley incident. I think that s vastly important

One Piece ain't gonna end soon. Wano will probably still go until end of 2021 (at least), we've got all the big fights left, there's still so much to unravel. That's over a year, possibly even two. Wano is a HUGE arc. Considering that afterwards we'll probably have some small Elbaf thing, Roadstar + Raftel and the final war... I don't even want to know how long the final war will go. Probably 2 years at least as well. So we would come to ~5-6 more years. There's much to unravel and I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up going another decade. I wouldn't even mind.